Story: You and your sister live in the poor part of Bowerstone Old Town. surviving on whatever you can find it happens that this day a trader named Murgo has an item for sale that will make your wishes come true. Running around the small town working for five gold pieces you and your sister finally buy the item and are called upon to the castle. There the lord seems like a nice enough man and it looks as though things are turning up. But unknown to you two you are heroes destined to save this land, and the lord is not pleased. He kills your sister and tries to kill you in hopes to stop anyone that would get in his way. Years later you are grown up and now it is time for you to go out in the world and be a hero, or a villain.
The Good: + Story is nice and easy flowing + The jokes are still funny + Picking to be either a boy or a girl hero + The places are bigger from the last game and don't feel as compact + Changing from weapons to magic is easy + More stuff to do after you kill the final boss + The dog is actually useful + The graphics are wonderful for the game + Players who remember the first game will get a chuckle at a few of the jokes and also be pleased at some of the stories and places + No guild master to yell at you + Online is helpful and also gives you the choice jump into someone else game
The Bad: - There are glitches that will cause you to reset the game. One that is most noticeable is when you are in the Colosseum. If you are knocked down your body will fly everywhere and sometimes there will be a huge line that cuts through your head. It will not go away.
- Buyer beware. If you play online you really don't know what you're going to get. People will say they are giving you and item that you want but they can lie and give you something useless
- Lagging is a major issue for the game. It is worse when you play online but that is to be expected.
- Reused voices
- Some predicable outcomes. At some point in the game it will feel like the first one. Entering the Spire is the same level thought as when your hero is taken to prison in the first one
- Final boss fight is a let down
- Unless you have the DLC after you beat the final boss the rest of the game feels empty, even if there are side quest if you're dog is killed there is no point in continuing
I do enjoy Fable very much so but I noticed that Peter says a lot of things that sound great but somehow they get lost in translation and never make it into the game. "We have this. We're going to do that." Yada yada yada. Yes it all sounds wonderful but here's the question Peter, like the hero in Fable 3 who get's to make a choice in keeping their promises will you keep yours?