The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
December 18, 2014, 05:50:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oh, Gutted Hobo...you tried to steal supplies, and ended up stealing our hearts.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Nintendo Console  (Read 1574 times)
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« on: April 25, 2011, 11:58:49 am »

Confirmed the FUCK out of it.
So its gonna be at E3 this year, and will be out sometime in 2012. There have been a bunch of rumors about it flowing about (Of which I think are total crap), such as the controller having an LCD screen in it so you can take it on the road and remotely play games from your console on the controller via Wi-Fi or something stupid like that.
Anyways, thoughts, ideas, opinions?

EDIT: Oh balls, just realized I posted this in the wrong spot. Can somebody move this for me?

EDIT: Thank you to whomever moved this thread! :3
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:07:06 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 12:15:44 pm »

Can somebody move this for me?
Bam, Houdini'd

As for on-topic, I heard the rumor that controllers would have LCD screens too, and I think every reason I've heard as to why so far sounds rather dumb. *shrug*

I do wonder if the games are supposed to look any better or run smoother? Mainly because I was under the impression that consoles have kind of already hit a wall on how well their hardware can function in comparison to the software. Doesn't there need to be an entire software overhaul in order to actually make full use of the hardware they have? I honestly don't know, I kind of stopped caring about consoles as much as I used to around the time the latest consoles first came out.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 12:43:37 pm »

The new Ninty console is supposedly going to be more powerful than both the PS3 and 360. That is until the PS4 and Xbox 720 come out.

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 12:57:27 pm »

The new xbox and ps4 will be years away. Also, this seems rather stupid for Nintendo. If they make a console like that, faster then the ps3 and with or without the lcd screen thing, it would cost a fortune to produce and sell. The thing they have going on with the wii right now is a bigger games library with motion controls then the other two systems. This just seems kind of stupid.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 01:19:39 pm »

The new Ninty console is supposedly going to be more powerful than both the PS3 and 360. That is until the PS4 and Xbox 720 come out.
Are any of those systems even using their hardware to its full capacity though? It's been a long time since I've read about the technical aspect of consoles, but it seems like they may just be giving their consoles a huge hardware upgrade that won't even be used? Or am I completely out of my element?

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 02:24:38 pm »

Oh yeah, theres been a few games that have pushed each console to its limits.

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 02:38:17 pm »

PS3 isn't close to it's limits, Xbox though maybe. The huge thing though is the graphics difference, since PS3 uses Blu-ray discs, they have a lot of space to continue with graphics while xbox uses HD discs which are running out.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 02:43:23 pm »

Huh, so the next gen systems will either have to change from discs to something else, or use multiple discs, or only have like 2 hours of gameplay? Tongue

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 03:04:13 pm »

Yeah, thats the problem with pushing a console to its limits. Sure the game looks good, but it'll probably be hella short.

Achilles
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 10:46:53 pm »

Took me 3 years to get a Wii...will probably take me at least that long to adopt whatever this new one is. Assuming I ever do (the last console I got before the Wii...was an SNES, that I got a few months after it came out)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: