The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
February 28, 2015, 06:32:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We go there and half the time... WE DON'T COME BACK!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's Comic  (Read 592822 times)
DoctorVeR
Civillian Police

but a humble skull

View Profile
« Reply #4515 on: February 21, 2015, 06:56:10 pm »

WHO IS THIS BITCH THINK SHE IS?!

first Milo, now this!  ARRRGHHHH!

SteelRaven
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #4516 on: February 22, 2015, 11:08:42 pm »

Two thoughts:

1.) Like to know real life Dan's reaction, was he like "screw it, just kill me off" earlier or did he just check the updates and got Shocked like the rest of us?

2.) I'm suddenly worried that Jenny will go all George R.R. Martin on us now the story is approaching it's end.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:24:28 pm by SteelRaven » Logged

surazal
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #4517 on: February 26, 2015, 09:05:21 am »

Maybe real-life Dan's reaction was to be disappointed that he never got a chance to become a zombie
SteelRaven
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #4518 on: February 26, 2015, 11:36:59 pm »

Well, Dan's character was more or less written off when we got to the flashback. He had almost no lines up until the Pipe Bomb joke so I guess the writing was on the wall... now along with his brains.  

Jenny
Queen of Derp
Official Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Ffffffffppphhbbbblblblbblttt

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4519 on: February 27, 2015, 11:59:46 am »

NO ONE is safe guys Grin ONLY Sammie knows which characters are going to kick it, and even then she knows it can change haha.

When Dan and I's friendship broke apart back-in-the-day I had to re-write the entire story-- and change his character. Thus the flashback.
The flashback was a cobbled together version of how I would have liked the story to be from start to finish--however I felt there would be fire and pitchforks if I were to just remove the entire beginning before the flashback like it never happened. So I wasn't sure how to go about it--also I wanted Dan's 'removal' to be a part of the plot and not just some throwaway thing because I know some readers liked the character. I don't like just 'killing off' characters unless it furthers the plot somewhat. If I could 'do it all over' the TZH story would be a lot tighter and a lot different, but, I didn't want to be sucked into the 're write until its perfect' purgatory.

I don't know if that made ANY sense I haven't had my morning shot of caffeine!

Cheer up! The worst is yet to come!
SteelRaven
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #4520 on: February 27, 2015, 12:18:10 pm »

Explains allot, thanks Jenny.

I liked the original tone of the comic from when comic-Jenny was Indian Jones-ing it and needed more belts (yes, I miss the pants joke) but you have done a great telling the story as your style evolved.

couchfort
Civillian Police

View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: February 27, 2015, 11:41:49 pm »

Character death should ALWAYS be to further the plot. You handled this correctly. Actually, all actions taken should be to further the plot. Some storytellers can't be bothered to remember this and their comics end up dragging forever. Thanks for not forgetting this, and continuing to entertain us all these years. He love you long time

My best fran is Stan
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: