The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 25, 2014, 05:39:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "God invented Corona and limes just to see drunk people use sharp knives."

Chat logs claim I said this Saturday night.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The government's got your back!  (Read 8857 times)
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« on: May 20, 2011, 04:40:22 pm »

Now in zombie movies the government has to be inept and the army has to fail to contain the invasion, or the story would be very dull. Though some are about very local outbreaks, not apocalypses, and therefore don't have that requirement. But that's not the point. The idea is: for an apocalypse to happen, every organisation and every individual attempt must have failed.
And that's where reality diverges from apocalyptic movies: it doesn't have to end in an apocalypse. The government has controlled epidemics before, and it'll likely do it again. Zombies? Well, that sure is different from what we've known before, so we don't know how it'll go, or exactly what it takes to be ready for it, but we can picture the general idea of what we might do, and the government also has a plan:

http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

Ok, it's just general disaster preparedness promotion, but it does talk about what the CDC would do in case of zombies; good to know someone's been giving it a thought Grin

GrimKusanagi
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 06:28:46 pm »

Darn beat me to it lol.
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 06:51:05 pm »

I know, it was only a matter of time before someone posted it!

Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 12:02:35 am »

I really wouldn't be worried about an outbreak in any western country. The government has plans in place for what to do in every situations and a zombie apocalypse through bites would never happen because it could be shut down so quickly. I think that the place where a zombie outbreak would be most dangerous is Japan or China simply because of the high population density. That being said China does have a ridiculously large army so they might be able to close it down pretty quickly.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 06:20:07 am »

china doesnt have a very high population density. its about equal to poland, i think.

btw, Are the wings on fire?
Gromitooth
ARC Support Staff

If You Want To Get Out Alive. Run For Your Life.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 11:05:48 am »

Japan wouldn't be so bad because there isn't really any way back to the mainland.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | [url
sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 11:09:00 am »

well, it would be bad for the japanese, i think that's what ricky had on mind:P

btw, Are the wings on fire?
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 12:07:40 pm »

England would be bad for EU unless France block up the chunnel

Chipz
Civillian

blarg zombies meet my boomstick

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 03:16:50 pm »

I personally think it will be a problem because at first people will not know how to dispatch the infected. and theres no way to set up a perfect quarantine immediately people will flee the city with infected with out knowing it or meaning to. Also from an anime I didn't like (just cause every 10 seconds it was a shot of jiggling ass or boobs just seemed dumb to me) but the main characters were discussing how it (the disease) would be handled. They looked at how long it could take for corpses to decompose. But they also stated that the standard time it could take for a corpse to decompose might very well be thrown out the window becausewell they were taking about reanimated corpses.

But then I liked the part about how long it would take for the disease to stop spreading, and they argued that unlike the black plague that died out mainly due to the fact that enough people had died out to make it to difficult for the disease to spread. But with the zombie disease  the zombies moved to knew areas taking with them the disease.

I just liked that theory also the zombies reacted solely to sound, which I also like so walking quietly with a stick or something you could push them slowly out of the way as you went.

If you want to see the anime its The Highschool of the Undead
Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

I'll see you at Green Mountain...

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 12:25:58 pm »

On the one hand, the military has the advantage of strength in firepower.

But on the other, the zombies greatest advantage is thier absolute lack of a sense of self preservation.

If you set us a mine field, the zombies will walk right through it setting off mines as they went. The one's behind them would just walk through the cleared path. The one's that reach the skirmish lines will be shot up, but they will take time to fall down, which means that the one's behind them are shielded and getting closer.

Don't think of a zombie mass as a swarm. Think of it like a wave on the beach.

Dinglemonkey....
FullmoonCat
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 07:23:24 am »

The thing is, zombies are only dangerous in large numbers for that very reason.  The thing that doesn't make sense about most zombie scenarios, from a logical standpoint, is how the numbers got so large in the first place.
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 10:40:17 am »

Easy- long incubation periods before the infected turn zombie. I wish I'd saved that thing Dodom did, it explains it really well.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Outlander
Half-Life

Australian Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 12:00:12 am »

In the case of the incubation, Could be like THZ where it is only when they die so if you think about it an area that has a natural disaster with unknown infected could be a damn hell hole a week later. That would be scary also on the note of high school of the undead, ok anime but the idea of them only using sound was a great one i like it.

He thinks his job is to be Bad Ass, And he excels at his position.
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 01:20:08 am »

In the case of the incubation, Could be like THZ where it is only when they die so if you think about it an area that has a natural disaster with unknown infected could be a damn hell hole a week later. That would be scary also on the note of high school of the undead, ok anime but the idea of them only using sound was a great one i like it.

I watched that anime but the thing that didn't make sense to me was that after they discovered that they hunt by sound they proceed to do the noisiest things possible. Driving a humvee, firing guns, riding motorbikes, screaming, etc.

I think that regarding the swarms of zombies if they got that large the military would still be able to put them down faster than they can assault the position. I read somewhere that during the vietnam war it took 250 000 rounds to kill a soldier. Now that is because they are supressing the enemy and also because they usually just fire in the general direction of the enemy. During a zombie apocalypse the enemy isn't hiding it will be walking in the open making it possible to kill them far more easily. Even if it took a full magazine to kill a zombie that is still a far cry from 250 000 rounds.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
Outlander
Half-Life

Australian Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 07:39:19 pm »

Im fairly sure a small group of 4 could wipe out alot of zeds in an urban area. Barricade an apartment building and just sweep and block the lower floors and work your way up. Very easy and would have not alot of people to kill and a good amount of food to survive.

He thinks his job is to be Bad Ass, And he excels at his position.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: