The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 16, 2014, 07:33:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: But I didn't mean to...

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The government's got your back!  (Read 7461 times)
sangrebloom
Wastelander

I believe in pants

sangrebloom@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 10:38:19 pm »

i can just picture the piles of unmoving undead under the gaze of a turret gun,they would have to use some method of pushing the bodies away after the piles get out of hand.  That brings to mind bulldozers and some sort of away of getting rid of the bodies, like fire or cremating them in such a way their zombie dust doesn't go up in the air.
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2011, 04:27:13 pm »

Dub: While I don't agree with everything you previously said, I didn't respond with the right tone.
There has been several Internet Tough Guys on the forum over time, and trying to impress by pretending to be immune to empathy and attempting to project their own attitude onto the Armed Forces so they can throw a tantrum over "respect and honour" if objected to is the kind of behaviour they show. That wasn't your intention, I understand that, and the simple fact that you found my example perverted (I'm a creepy person in general, if I want to make up an evil situation, expect it to be very evil) means you are already better than those little bully wannabes. I'm sorry I talked to you like I'd talk to them, I don't know you enough yet to tell if you're a cool guy but at least you're not an asshole and that's already something.

DubstepDisciple
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2011, 04:56:00 pm »

@Dodom

Thank you for your polite words and what I think I am trying to get across is that when/if the zombies do reach any sort of critical amount soldiers being human will be a lot more concerned for their own and their kin's safety. Just as we all would be. Its just that those individuals have skills that would make them better at organizing and assembling together especially in survival scenarios where soldiers are trained to differing degrees but all trained how to survive in the wild and certain strategies of how to deal with extremes of climate. While not just being a master of arms each soldier holds a treasure trove of common sense hand me downs that do make them incredibly valuable.

Anything I fault them with, anyone could be faulted with. I'm just saying that when its down to survival I will be more concerned for me and mine as any soldier would be, just that soldiers have access to far better equipment then I ever could and that kind of leverage/power or whatever term you choose can lead to mistakes being made. Again for the sake of continuity.

"Reason has always existed but not always in a reasonable form." -Karl Marx
correctt
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 11:28:33 am »

lets see, first if you did get yourself barricaded in an apartment building, everyone expects people to use fire arms and other long ranged weapons. i would either bring or get a heavy item, hopefully made of a strong metal, tie a rope or chain around it and let gravity do half of the work.

That being said, another question asked was how could the out break become so big so fast? Well how many of you honestly would look at a person mauling another person in the street and think zombie, most people would think crazy person. a good example of this would be in shaun of the dead. most people would not be observant enough until it is right there facing them.
so linking this idea to the military and the police, the police would be the first responders and they might not recognize the infection for what it is, and so they would probably try and detain the suspect and take them in for treatment... ie to the hospitals (which would no longer be safe when a number of the infected arrive.) then go back to their stations (they might have been bit in the struggle to detain the infected.) that would cause two of the three major emergency service locations to potentially be compromised. if the police station falls, then you would not be able to successfully call for help, and be required to handle it on your own, but how many people do you think would try to handle it on their own vs how many would try to wait till help (never) arrives.
the new stations would probably cover the stories as riots, and probably change from ground coverage to air coverage because anyone on the ground would be in danger or killed. this would confuse the public watching at home. then who's to say when the military arrives they will know what the infection is, and how to incapacitate the infected. If they are unable to kill them fast enough or unable to figure out how to kill them, then the soldiers might react similar to what happened in WWZ's battle of yonkers. the soldiers would be pushed past rational thinking, maybe just for a little bit and then the defense would probably break and the military might be shattered with the soldiers trying to survive as well.

that is how i think it might happen with an outbreak in a major city, heck, you might get a person that was bit get on a plane and then bam, plane crashes in a new city and the infection has spread really quickly. i think the story as the world dies has something like that happen in the beginning.

this is not to say that the government will not be able to figure stuff out, but that is how i can see an infection getting big really quickly.

Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 07:38:37 pm »

I can't believe that people wouldn't realise instantly that something is out of the ordinary. The vast majority of people also know about the zombie culture and if they saw someone being eaten alive I am pretty sure they are going to know they are zombies.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
Outlander
Half-Life

Australian Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 08:44:38 pm »

I can't believe that people wouldn't realise instantly that something is out of the ordinary. The vast majority of people also know about the zombie culture and if they saw someone being eaten alive I am pretty sure they are going to know they are zombies.

I wouldnt be so sure, they might know but ive been in situations where ive seen someone getting assaulted by a much larger agressor and no one was even looking to help. I did what i could but im 1 guy. Most people just are oblivious to the world around them.

He thinks his job is to be Bad Ass, And he excels at his position.
sangrebloom
Wastelander

I believe in pants

sangrebloom@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 10:02:42 pm »

too true, people in past generations were taught that if it doesn't concern you, don't get involved.
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2011, 12:33:27 am »

I wouldnt be so sure, they might know but ive been in situations where ive seen someone getting assaulted by a much larger agressor and no one was even looking to help. I did what i could but im 1 guy. Most people just are oblivious to the world around them.

There is a difference between seeing someone getting assaulted and not helping. And seeing someone bite someone and start eating them and not realising that it is a zombie. Helping is not a part of the equation.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
Outlander
Half-Life

Australian Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2011, 12:38:04 am »

but if thats the first infected and you kill both then well jails better than apocolypse

sangrebloom
Wastelander

I believe in pants

sangrebloom@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2011, 12:39:25 am »

Didn't think about that at all, even if it is a zed, someone is going to look at that poor sod and say "he was a father! you animal!"
Outlander
Half-Life

Australian Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2011, 12:40:19 am »

*just thought of shaun of the dead there* guess so but thats better than them trying to turn me into a human happy meal

sangrebloom
Wastelander

I believe in pants

sangrebloom@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2011, 12:42:32 am »

after they get all the facts, you'd only spend a few years in prison! they wouldn't let you stay there long if you killed a zombie, the family might sue you for emotional damage, but you could always blame who ever made the virus in the first place.
Outlander
Half-Life

Australian Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2011, 12:43:27 am »

would do that and then retire with the gratitude of all zombie hunters

sangrebloom
Wastelander

I believe in pants

sangrebloom@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2011, 12:45:01 am »

Well, if the number of infected is small at that point, you could just stop the whole end of the world! then that would make you a hero.
Outlander
Half-Life

Australian Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2011, 12:46:22 am »

i think id like that

Outlander
Zombie Killer and Saviour of Earth
+10000000 EGO

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: