The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 19, 2014, 06:23:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mah arms are scarf!!  Dey go, "WEE WOO WEE WOO!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug out, or Dig In?  (Read 3472 times)
Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

Die Bart Die

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« on: June 01, 2011, 11:10:13 pm »

The News reports bare all the tell tale warnings the zombies are comming your way. What would you do?

Bug out, and make a break for it while you still can?
or
Dig in, take stock of what you got in the house, and play Alamo?

I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time.
anyman82
Half-Life

The guy who wanders in occasionally

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 01:30:09 am »

Bug out. You can't win a war of attrition with a zed.

Let us go singing as far as we go: the road will be less tedious. -Virgil-
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 01:36:36 am »

I think I would need to bunker down for a while everyone panics and tries to flee. There is no point in fleeing for the sake of it. Better to wait and see what happens. Only then is it wise to bug out (if you have somewhere worthwhile to go). I know everyone has a plan to head for the mountains or an island or whatever but realistically there isn't much point because unless you can do a bear grylls and live off the wild then heading into the wild is a bad idea. I would rather stay in the city areas killing zombies and living off the large amount of supplies at the supermarkets than starving in the wild without any zeds around.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 07:08:59 am »

Both? I think I like the idea of fortifying some place and dealing with any zombie that enters the area as soon as they walk in rather than letting them group together. Unfortunately I live near a major city, so the zeds would already be grouped together and in waves, so I'd have to bug out to find a more remote place to dig in.

Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 08:23:37 am »

Both? I think I like the idea of fortifying some place and dealing with any zombie that enters the area as soon as they walk in rather than letting them group together. Unfortunately I live near a major city, so the zeds would already be grouped together and in waves, so I'd have to bug out to find a more remote place to dig in.

My thoughts exactly.  Besides somewhere "remote" would still allow for excurions to cities and town for scavanging.  And with no traffic!

Mike
Five of Clubs
Gromitooth
ARC Support Staff

If You Want To Get Out Alive. Run For Your Life.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 09:12:30 am »

Personally I would fortify one building, in a city, and then I would take a very, VERY tall building and fortify ever floor of it.

Then I would slowly try to find supplies and other people, maybe even start to retake other buildings in my area, I am able to do some sort of Bear Grylls thingy but I highly doubt I would be able to survive as long as him.

We should probably do a thread where we nominate people likely to survive the impending apcoalypse.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | [url
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 12:16:07 pm »

We should probably do a thread where we nominate people likely to survive the impending apcoalypse.

Chuck Norris would survive

Mike
Five of Clubs
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 05:33:19 pm »

For me, it depends. If the zombies are right outside my door, dig in and see what happens. If they are say an hours car-ride away in a bigger city, then I would bug out because I know I could get away safely (for the most part).

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 05:39:52 pm »

Dig in.
There's no reason to believe that somewhere else will be safer than where I am, especially if many people are trying to evacuate.
Actually, I might want to move to grandma's, given that my place is on a street that leads to a military base and then countryside, so it's likely to get looted when the road gets jammed and people stuck on it look for better shelter than their car.
But essentially, trying to flee without a clear idea of where to go sounds like a bad plan, because many people will attempt it and the currently uninhabited areas will become as crowded as the cities, only worse because they lack the infrastructure.
Who knows, it might turn out safer to head downtown.......

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 05:58:41 pm »

Well like if I was to bug out it would be to my cottage up north, 2 hours from where I live. I know theres a chance zombies would find it, but it is at least safer then being in a large city.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 06:07:53 pm »

I'd probably have to dig in for this one.

Why? I live right by a marines base. Word spreads out for any kind of attack, the major road out of my neighborhood and out of the state would be blocked. So, I wouldn't have transportation. I could go out on foot, but I fear that would be more dangerous with Zeds and marines walking about. So, my best option would probably sit in the neighborhood and wait it out. It really really sucks, but that's where I live.

yay.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 08:49:14 pm »

I'd probably have to dig in for this one.

Why? I live right by a marines base. Word spreads out for any kind of attack, the major road out of my neighborhood and out of the state would be blocked. So, I wouldn't have transportation. I could go out on foot, but I fear that would be more dangerous with Zeds and marines walking about. So, my best option would probably sit in the neighborhood and wait it out. It really really sucks, but that's where I live.

yay.

That actually sounds like an awesome deal. Especially seeing that in a real zombie outbreak the military would be a lot more competent. You can just stay safely inside while marines sweep the area and then you go to their base. I am totally jealous. The closest thing I have to a military base is just an army truck depo. There are like 4 guards with pistols. Thats it. I would be better off going to the nearest police station.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 09:16:30 pm »

Guess that's true, also have the FBI training camp there, too. So I have military and FBI roaming around.

I think now the true problem where I live is that of the main road where there are four churches, all right next to each other. If there is going to be congestion, that's where it'll be.

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 09:18:53 pm »

Hail, just wait until everybody else is really dead outside, then a lot of weapons ripe for the picking.

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 09:21:24 pm »

Hail, just wait until everybody else is really dead outside, then a lot of weapons ripe for the picking.

Ahhh... it would be a good idea if I knew where the armory was on base ;A;
Guess I'll have to do a drive around one day when I'm incredibly bored. But military police are pretty good on watching people and it doesn't help that I'm in a white suv

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: