The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 27, 2014, 07:35:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug out, or Dig In?  (Read 4355 times)
Synaster
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 10:41:09 pm »

I posed this question to my mom for lulz, and she said we'd probably stay right where we are because she didn't think of any other place to go. We don't live in a too densely populated place, we have hunting rifles and a pantry in our basement, the local grocery store is less than a mile away, my parents are growing vegetables, we have a few apple trees on our property, and my dad has a skid-steer (mini bulldozer) in which he can use to dig trenches. If the power goes out, however, we'll have no running water.

A better place I think would be to go to my aunt and uncle's big house. They live in a lot less populated place with a lot of land and we can see zeds coming from a ways off, especially if they come from the back. They also have dogs they mainly keep in the garage that bark at anyone they hear nearby, and they also have horses for transportation (or maybe zombie bait). Unfortunately, I can see a lot of relatives wanting to stay there too.
metalwolf
Wastelander

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 01:50:16 am »

I would probably dig in if they were right outside or go to my uncles if I had the chance. my uncle lives in the country and I live in the second floor of a apartment. If I had the time I would probably throw furniture down the stairs to block the doors and windows and then secure the apartment. No sense fortifying if the zeds are already inside.

Stand behind me and be protected, Stand beside me and be an ally, stand infront of me and fall.

I wish for a corrupted wish. Corrupting this wish will result in my wish not being corrupted.
PARADOX!!!!!!
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 04:55:06 pm »

I'm going to with bug out. I know where the keys to the local castle are kept, and most of my friends would be heading there too.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
jared
Half-Life

I'm pretty much queen bitch of the universe

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 08:43:44 pm »

Depends on the situation. If they're close, stay put for a while. If they're far, sure I could leave, or I could take the advance warning and fortify

Jared-[communism] only starts to break down in lager groups

Log!-Because they just get drunk and just will not put up with anyone's shit.
Outlander
Half-Life

Australian Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 10:07:44 pm »

I posed this question to my mom for lulz, and she said we'd probably stay right where we are because she didn't think of any other place to go. We don't live in a too densely populated place, we have hunting rifles and a pantry in our basement, the local grocery store is less than a mile away, my parents are growing vegetables, we have a few apple trees on our property, and my dad has a skid-steer (mini bulldozer) in which he can use to dig trenches. If the power goes out, however, we'll have no running water.

A better place I think would be to go to my aunt and uncle's big house. They live in a lot less populated place with a lot of land and we can see zeds coming from a ways off, especially if they come from the back. They also have dogs they mainly keep in the garage that bark at anyone they hear nearby, and they also have horses for transportation (or maybe zombie bait). Unfortunately, I can see a lot of relatives wanting to stay there too.

Imma start off and say i love your father, Skid Steers are one piece of machinery i love and can drive really well, also atm id bug out to a friends house which is kinda silly cause its urban area but its in development so potential fortification options are great. We can also armour the house nice and easy and to get there by train take 1hr so im sure if i follow tracks it wouldnt take overly long and ive got some cool weapons at the ready.

He thinks his job is to be Bad Ass, And he excels at his position.
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 04:46:03 pm »

Average train speed: 77mph
Average walking speed: around 3.5 mph, I'll round up to 4.

77/4 = 19.25 It should take you 19 hours and 15 minutes to walk it. Good luck.

While writing that, I realised you may try driving along the tracks. In which case fair enough and good luck to you, though others might have the same idea and there may be trains still using it.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 04:24:47 pm »

It depends. I would probably find a good place for my family and friends to bunker down, and then go scavenge on my own from time to time. i personally would much rather wander on my own for a while, but I can't with my loved ones now.

Outlander
Half-Life

Australian Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 06:54:41 pm »

Average train speed: 77mph
Average walking speed: around 3.5 mph, I'll round up to 4.

77/4 = 19.25 It should take you 19 hours and 15 minutes to walk it. Good luck.

While writing that, I realised you may try driving along the tracks. In which case fair enough and good luck to you, though others might have the same idea and there may be trains still using it.

Damn you and your brain, Also the tracks run direct so though it would take me ages to get there my survival kit has 72hrs worth of food and water filters. Ill be ok and its ISOLATED. Take that zombies!

He thinks his job is to be Bad Ass, And he excels at his position.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: