The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
September 03, 2014, 01:08:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I'm having a fucking BLAST.  See this?  This is my "HAVING A FUCKING BLAST" face!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halp! (HTML/Javascript) - Fix'd nao!  (Read 1420 times)
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« on: June 11, 2011, 12:10:19 pm »

I'm making a site for a client at the moment. As usual, I'm making most of the HTML simple so everyday updates can be done by an inexperienced webmaster, but I couldn't make the interactive calendar simple. The ones I found online were either not for free (client has a small budget) or couldn't be embedded into a page at all.
So instead I'm programming a code generator, the webmaster is provided with links to select parameters, and as they change them the code is updated to match. This part of the script works like a charm, but the preview function doesn't work at all. That generator would be easy and convenient enough for an experienced user, but without the preview function a noob will weep.

This is the code generator: http://membre.megaquebec.net/youma/fadoq-temporaire/generateur.html
So you can see it along with the source.
These two lines do nothing:
Code:
if (document.getElementById) document.getElementById("grillage").innerHTML = contenu;
if (document.all) grillage.innerHTML = contenu;
They don't cause any bug, and if I replace the variable with a fixed value it doesn't work any better. They just seem inert. I don't see anything wrong with them though, and if I replace them with an alert to see if the program even reads at that point, well the alert works. Anybody sees something else on the page that might stop them from working?

Edit: I found the problem, it's because the code ordered to add <TD> tags into a previously written table, and HTML did not like that one bit. So I removed the table code from the HTML and added it to the script instead. HTML doesn't want messing with a table's structure dynamically, but it has no issue with rebuilding it entirely.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 08:09:37 pm by Dodom » Logged

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 09:06:37 am »

Glad we could help. Tongue

Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist