The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 20, 2014, 07:07:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I'm having a fucking BLAST.  See this?  This is my "HAVING A FUCKING BLAST" face!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why? WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYY???  (Read 3532 times)
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« on: June 13, 2011, 05:04:48 pm »

You tried to fight, you tried to run, you tried to hide. You tried everything, but it wasn't enough. You're curled up in a corner, surrounded by zombies, you may or may not still have a weapon, it doesn't really matter at that point. The blood loss makes you worthless, you can barely see and forget about standing. At least it's making you numb enough not to feel too much pain. You're not in shock yet, so you can still think, and with great frustration, you realise that the gaping bite wound on your arm was no twisted whim of Fortune; while chance certainly did not favour you today, this would not have happened if not for your own weakness. Everything is getting darker now, while the zombies are getting closer. Death. Your last thought is for cursing yourself, because deep down inside you knew it would end like this.

In this scenario, you die, no other option. What, of your weaknesses, is the most likely to have gotten you into such a situation? Bad luck alone could do the trick, but lets say you did fail at some point. Which point will it be?

(If you think you have no such weakness at all, don't bother posting. Tongue )

My not quite average sense of observation would probably kill me first. I'd be all succesfully fighting off/escaping zombies, and then get bit by one I didn't notice. It's not so bad that I wouldn't have a chance to survive, but it's the most likely way it would go if I did die.
Then there's the non-existent social skills, but dealing with fellow survivors only becomes an issue after a while, plenty of time to be eaten before.

anyman82
Half-Life

The guy who wanders in occasionally

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 05:53:22 pm »

'Would have trusted someone I shouldn't have. They probably either abandoned me or actually threw me to the zeds.

Let us go singing as far as we go: the road will be less tedious. -Virgil-
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 05:55:48 pm »

Unbelievable soul-crushing pessimism. More than four show up and I'm crying and eating a gun.

At least, that's what I think.
DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 07:33:34 pm »

Probably a lack of preparation. I am often too much of an optimist. In the early day's I would probably believe that the situation was under control rather than bunking down or getting ready for the probably inevitable end of the world as we know it. Then if I survived the initial outbreak, I would probably end up in this situation because I was desperately trying to find everyone I care about to make sure they were safe, rather than looking after myself.

We may fail alone, but that is better than dying with them, only to be forgotten. I for one, would rather suffer now, than leave this life without passion.
sangrebloom
Wastelander

I believe in pants

sangrebloom@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 08:08:48 pm »

Probably because I'm too stuck on the thought of what the zeds were before they were cannibal corpses.
"No! aunty! why?!" nom nom nom on me.
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 12:44:18 am »

Chances are it would be trying to save someone. Ie I see them from the safety of my barricaded home but I rush out regardless of the horde of zombies to try to help them. Either that or it would be while clearing out a house which is probably the most dangerous situation you can put yourself in during a zombie outbreak.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 02:31:25 am »

Trying to use impractical weapons, or just fucking around too much in general....  Slow Going...

Rampito
ARC Support Staff

It's a twisted fascination

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 06:32:29 am »

Diabetes  Slow Going...

Otherwise, I'm way too nice. I wouldn't be able to let someone die or leave them behind, and if I was just walking along and I heard a scream for help or something, I wouldn't be able to just shrug it off and go "every man for himself," I'd go out there and try to help.

Pancreases collected/stolen: 10
FullmoonCat
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 07:32:16 am »

Lack of preparedness, hands down. 
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 11:40:05 am »

You can always rely on Dodom for unabashed optimism and cheerful posts  Tongue

For me it would probably carelessness.  I'll have done something 100 times before: checked the grounds, gone to the same place for supplies (firewood, whatever), gone from point A to point B, etc.   Then I'd loose focus, get careless just once, but once is all it takes.  Didn't watch my step, check a corner, close a door, something like that. 

Mike
Five of Clubs
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 01:45:24 am »

You can always rely on Dodom for unabashed optimism and cheerful posts  Tongue

That's sarcasm right?  Grin

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 07:34:06 am »

Asthma. >.>

My asthma has gotten a lot better over the years, and sometimes when my asthma is bothering me I can even just wait it out for a couple hours and it'll eventually go away without using an inhaler. Every now and then though I do have an asthma attack so bad in which I need medicine, and even with medicine I feel like I could pass out if I don't make a conscious effort to resist it.

Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 07:50:15 am »

'Would have trusted someone I shouldn't have. They probably either abandoned me or actually threw me to the zeds.

Probably a lack of preparation. I am often too much of an optimist. In the early day's I would probably believe that the situation was under control rather than bunking down or getting ready for the probably inevitable end of the world as we know it. Then if I survived the initial outbreak, I would probably end up in this situation because I was desperately trying to find everyone I care about to make sure they were safe, rather than looking after myself.

Yep. Overconfidence too, probably.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
sangrebloom
Wastelander

I believe in pants

sangrebloom@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 06:09:54 pm »

Asthma. >.>

My asthma has gotten a lot better over the years, and sometimes when my asthma is bothering me I can even just wait it out for a couple hours and it'll eventually go away without using an inhaler. Every now and then though I do have an asthma attack so bad in which I need medicine, and even with medicine I feel like I could pass out if I don't make a conscious effort to resist it.

have you considered using marijuana for the asthma? I know it sounds bogus and your probably thinking i'm a ridiculous pot head, but I used to have VERY bad asthma, I couldn't even catch a bus if I wanted too, but I started a reluctant treatment about a year ago, I did it for about half a year or so.  I don't use it anymore because I have much better lung function now.  I can even hike now. Maybe you should talk to your doctor about it, see if it can help you.

at least now I know i'll die because i'm a major sap and not because breathing was too hard.
FireFog
Wastelander

Fast and Fourier

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 05:00:40 am »

Very poor physical condition. That's why I have always slower friends around who, if someone has to go, will go first ^^

Engrish as second language
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: