The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
August 02, 2014, 12:36:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oh, Gutted Hobo...you tried to steal supplies, and ended up stealing our hearts.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General Forumite  (Read 1234 times)
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« on: June 15, 2011, 04:26:24 am »

I advised Dub to start such a thread but he isn't doing it so I'll do it instead:

You are an army general commanding one large military base. Due to the emergency, you cannot ask for resources which are not found on every base such as nuclear weapons, not enough time, and it's not your decision anyway. Civilian authorities have just asked the army to step in to help contain the zombies. The police is currently evacuating civilians, many refuse evacuation and get eated trying to escape, or even shoot the policemen. Health care workers are ready to take care of the wounded but they have been displaced too, lack the proper equipment and many have seen patients turn and won't accept to work without the bite victims first being filtered out. You have rations for your troops for six months, but if you share with refugees you barely have enough for one month. If you don't share them, well you know how starving people act...
The zombies are runners, infection works mostly like in Dawn of the Dead (remake), except that 3% of people will turn after inhaling infected blood droplets, and 1% are immune and will carry and transmit the virus without showing symptoms, allowing it to be carried over large distances. Given a fully equipped lab, scientists would need 3 months to create a test to detect the virus in an asymptomatic patient, but before that the carriers are undetectable unless really everyone around them turn, and then if they're smart they'll move.
What do you do?
Many of the soldiers have friends and family in the area, so if you sacrifice too many civilians you will face mutiny, but otherwise you do what you want.

(I won't reply to my own thread right now because it's time to go to work, but I'll do later)

Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 06:00:19 am »

Establish a secure area for the refugess and chare supplies.  The refugees are encouraged to bring supplies also, so that should lengthen the sotres to beyond 1 month.  The secure area will have rules, it will need to be seperate from the secure areas of the military base.  Leaders/representatives will be chosen for the refugees, voting for their representation will be accepted if they can organize it.  The refugee camp will be guarded by my troops as long as rules are followed (curfews, contraband, reporting of sick, etc)

The scientists first task will be to determine how quick people can turn, so that a quarantine perdiod can be established.  Then they can get onto their longer term work. 

The other main tasks for my base is establishing communication and logistic supply with other bases and army command.

Mike
Five of Clubs
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 10:06:16 pm »

Hmm... this is a difficult one. I guess I would have to be brutal in a situation like this. I would accept refugees into the base. Soldier's families first unless they can prove that they are useful. Full screening process and being strip searched for bites. People over 60 are "turned away" (read as: Shot) unless they have a useful skill and can still do it, Ie doctor, carpenter, etc. Everyone would also have to submit to a blood test. Failure to comply with any of this results in execution. I would turn them away but as they simply provide more bodies to the undead it is better to kill them. The base would be on full alert and there would be 6 shifts for the soldiers each being 4 hours long. Anyone who disobeys the rules that are laid down will get a warning. If they do something against the rules again they will be shot. Alcohol is permitted only in a designated area and max 3 drinks in a night. Civilians are not to be outside after 8.15pm. Electricity is strictly for military purposes the exception being a projector where people can watch movies and tv from 6-8pm. Civilians have to stay in their designated areas. Civilians are not to be armed at any time. Everything will be rationed and theft will get you a warning.

I would order a raiding party with my most reliable soldiers. Their job will be to raid all of the supermarkets and warehouses in the area and the gun stores. We cannot afford to have armed civilians running around. The engineers will be tasked with maintaining the base and vehicles.
The other good thing about having soldiers families there is that if the soldier disobeys an order you can simply threaten to kill his family.

I will also set up a complaint system or something so that the civilians can report problems with the soldiers.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 05:45:07 am »

Well Ricky I do see one big upside to your plan.  When word gets out about the "disobey", be over 60, not be useful = get shot you probably won't have many refugees knocking on your door.

Mike
Five of Clubs
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 06:18:04 am »

set up a ranch for refugees, enforce troops to wear mask of cloth or gas mask at all times. make sure refugees are able fo support selves for 3 months while scientists make test. execute mutiny peoples if needed and if all elex fails blow self up with ammo shed thing.

Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 10:18:52 am »

Well Ricky I do see one big upside to your plan.  When word gets out about the "disobey", be over 60, not be useful = get shot you probably won't have many refugees knocking on your door.

By the time people figure it out the initial rush of refugees will be over anyway. Plus having a smaller amount of people is beneficial. There is only so many people that a military base could handle before it becomes chaos. Also the whole thing of people in crowds becoming stupid and acting irrationally.

Logically having a plan like this makes the most sense but I hope I wouldnt ever have to go through with something like this. It would ensure survival but at what cost? I would become a tyrant.

Hopefully there is some sort of higher military command instructing everyone what to do before communications fall out.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: