The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 23, 2014, 12:19:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oh, Gutted Hobo...you tried to steal supplies, and ended up stealing our hearts.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Listen to Authorities or Go On Your Own  (Read 2006 times)
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:31:29 pm »

The outbreak occurs and I'll layout 2 different scenarios.

1.  You are home, with whoever you choose to be there.  TV, radio, etc are all reporting on zombie outbreaks everywhere.  In your location the local authorities are directing people to "safe" locations.  Law enforcement and the military are securing camps for everyone to go to.

2.  You are away from home, and alone (no freinds or family with you) at a mall or some public place not far from home (a couple of miles at most).  The outbreak happens very nearby and law enforcement is saying to stay put, don't leave the building you're in. 

Do you listen and follow instructions, do you follow your own plan?

Mike
Five of Clubs
anyman82
Half-Life

The guy who wanders in occasionally

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 09:45:34 pm »

1. Send my friends/family with the authorities, but sneak myself out to try and help others.

2. Stay put, but try to secure an emergency exit in case of... Well... Emergency. Sad

Let us go singing as far as we go: the road will be less tedious. -Virgil-
LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 09:57:33 pm »

Well, shit; that's tough. After all the games Ive played and movies I've watched, I'm too paranoid to follow the government in the beginnings of a zombie epidemic.
I think I would find several hidey-holes, but definitely cooperate with the authorities when it called for it. Try to remain like friendly-neutral.

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 08:26:12 am »

1. I think I would do what I could to get info on the conditions of trying to get to one of the "safe" locations. If the outbreak is still recent, I'd have enough confidence in the authorities to contain it, so long as I wasn't trying to get to the location without any knowledge on whether the route there was safe. Without knowing if the route is safe, I'm staying put.

2. I'd stay put until I could learn more about the infection. If there are fast-zombies I'm keeping my arse silent and hidden, even inside the mall. If all of them so far have been reported as crawlers I'd take the chance of getting home. If I can't get info, I'd try to find a way onto the roof to gather info for myself.

So, I guess my answer is situational. I mostly trust authorities, but I'm leary of how accurate their information is, just because they're also human.

Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

Die Bart Die

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 09:08:49 am »

1. I don't know if I'd be willing to head to a refugee camp. To me it seems like you'd be more a thanksgiving dinner in a large group. The zombies are going to head straight to the largest food source.

2. Yeah, I'd prolly head to the refugee camp in this case.

I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time.
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 10:21:52 am »

1.Stay at home
2.Make my way home

I have been preparing for an outbreak so I would rather be equipped than at the mercy of the authorities.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 04:57:05 pm »

1. In the words of Shaun of the Dead, fuck the man. I'm going to go find my woman.

2. See above.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
sangrebloom
Wastelander

I believe in pants

sangrebloom@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 10:40:08 pm »

I have to consider the fact that the man probably made the virus that has infected people across the the nation, perhaps the world.

I'd much prefer to go my own way...and when I get attacked by the hoards yell "Choke on 'em!" as i'm torn limb from limb.
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 11:11:52 pm »

I'm with Ricky and Cheez.

If I'm at home, I'm making sure my family's all right. If I'm out, you bet your ass I'll be going out there and finding my way back to my house to get back to them.
Also, fighting with Marines to get home? OKAY.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 11:13:31 pm by Hailfax » Logged

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
anyman82
Half-Life

The guy who wanders in occasionally

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 09:33:42 am »

I'm with Ricky and Cheez.

If I'm at home, I'm making sure my family's all right. If I'm out, you bet your ass I'll be going out there and finding my way back to my house to get back to them.
Also, fighting with Marines to get home? OKAY.
With, or against?

Let us go singing as far as we go: the road will be less tedious. -Virgil-
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 10:08:03 am »

I'd have a big case of the "it depends".
On one hand, if the government has a plan to clear the zombies entirely, then the better people co÷perate, the more chances they have to succeed.
On the other hand, I would expect the (minority, but still present) scumbags among the Forces to get self-serving the instant they get the feeling that "the man" is no longer in control, and I would prefer to be eaten by zombies than be enslaved by douches like the soldiers in 28 Days Later. Even if those turn out to be a small enough minority not to be a threat, you don't want to be in a crowd when shit hits the fan.

So if I trust that the government can contain and destroy the zombies, I'd follow wherever they are moving people, for the common good.
If I think they're more likely to fail, I'd say "Great, let me grab my coat!" and run out the back door.
It'll really repend on what I heard and saw of the invasion and defense this far.

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 10:10:54 am »

With, or against?

I'm pretty sure what I said is for what both Cheez and Ricky are saying.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
DubstepDisciple
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 11:05:02 pm »

1. Avoid where the masses are going, those camps at the best will be cramped and if its a disease then it will spread like wildfire. People who are bitten in the beginning may make a break for these "safe" spots thanks to some sort of self-preservation instinct despite only accelerating the problem. I won't be changing up too much from my other plan I posted in the stickied thread.

2. This position is a little bit more complicated as if your prepared you lack access to your supplies. I would probably talk to the police officers and try to get a more detailed report of the situation but failing that I think I would probably make it my first priority to get out of the immediate area. If I am within the direct area of the zombie outbreak (ie I am at a mall McDonalds and the guy at the counter starts ripping the clerk's throat out) then I would probably focus on suppression. Sorry but zombie or not, you start munching on someone I am going to destroy you. That is what the mentality has to be.

"Reason has always existed but not always in a reasonable form." -Karl Marx
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: