The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 18, 2014, 10:28:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "God invented Corona and limes just to see drunk people use sharp knives."

Chat logs claim I said this Saturday night.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Old is Old Enough?  (Read 1675 times)
Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

Die Bart Die

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« on: July 09, 2011, 09:22:48 pm »

To begin teaching our kids how to do battle zombies?

How do we teach? What do we teach? How long do we teach before we alow them to take on thier first zombie?

I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time.
LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 09:50:17 pm »

Whenever they're old enough to understand gun and blade safety, and not cry their fat little heads off at the prospect of blowing zed brains across the floor.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 10:06:03 pm »

Seventeen.

At least, that's what I think.
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 11:51:37 pm »

In the walking dead I know that Carl was 10 when he started to learn how to kill zeds and was allowed to carry a gun. Also I know a lot of kids start learning to shoot around that age as well especially if they are living in a community which has frequent hunting or is exposed to guns. America and canada thats you!

It's like anything though. Some children are more mature than others and some you wouldn't want to ever teach how to use a gun.

Teaching begins as soon as they understand what you are saying to them ie "Shhh. There is a zombie. Don't let it hear you".

I would imagine as soon as the kid learns how to handle a weapon then it will be able to kill its first zombie.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
Gromitooth
ARC Support Staff

If You Want To Get Out Alive. Run For Your Life.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 02:36:24 am »

So basically the Children of Britain would be totally screwed because guns are far less common over here. We prefer to bash each other into Comas with over Sexy Monocles.

Yes, I am a smug bastard...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | [url
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 04:54:12 am »

Teaching begins as soon as they understand what you are saying to them ie "Shhh. There is a zombie. Don't let it hear you".

This. Zombie training wouldn't really "begin" because it would be a part of life, and the first notions would be how to detect, avoid and escape zombies and call for help. (Not just screaming, but also using whistles, CBs and whatever means of communication that might happen to be at their reach)
I would only move on to fighting once they're big enough to physically handle it, because children can easily grow cocky and want to try their new skills for real. You know when they learn a cookie recipe at school and you come home to find the kitchen covered in flour? It's a healthy part of growing up, but when the cookies happen to bite you want to wait until they're a little bigger.

Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 07:17:31 am »

In a full on "civilization is gone" and future generations will be raised needing to defend themselves I would start it early.  Basic zombie self-defense (as it's developed) could start as early as 5 or 6, gun training and safety could start around the same time.  My son is 6 and has shot a crossbow and bow (he prefers crossbow Smiley) and I'm thinking his first airgun will be around 8.  I was allowed to shoot for my first time when I was 6, but those were different times and my father was active in competitions.

When a child was 14ish I think I'd start training in earnest, and possibly even try to stage hunts.  Desensitizing children to the "enemy" would also have to start at birth.

Mike
Five of Clubs
Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

Die Bart Die

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 10:47:53 pm »

I imagine setting up special pens in lightly zombie prone area’s where a zombie can be harnessed if possible, and safely released at the student in safe environment where the chance the zombie would be able to harm the student would be low. You’d prolly have a supervisor standing beside the student to stop the zombie should the student’s actions accidentally free the zombie.

Age wise i would start early with basic skills like hand to hand, and melee weapons. Prolly the first weapons I'd teach would be knives, and clubs. Then swords. Then move onto firearms.

I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time.
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 02:23:04 am »

I imagine setting up special pens in lightly zombie prone area’s where a zombie can be harnessed if possible, and safely released at the student in safe environment where the chance the zombie would be able to harm the student would be low. You’d prolly have a supervisor standing beside the student to stop the zombie should the student’s actions accidentally free the zombie.

Age wise i would start early with basic skills like hand to hand, and melee weapons. Prolly the first weapons I'd teach would be knives, and clubs. Then swords. Then move onto firearms.

I would start the other way. Firearms first then move onto close combat. Shooting is a lot easier than fighting in close combat.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 03:36:32 pm »

I started teaching my boy spear and sword skills ay 4. using wooden ones obviously. teach in au from young age and Seville ay 10th upwards. but even in play reach weapon respect.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 08:05:21 pm »

wh... what?

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 11:16:53 pm »

"I started teaching my boy spear and sword skills at age 4. We're using wooden ones, obviously. *I have no clue*. But even in play, teach weapon respect."

At least, that's what I think.
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 01:15:57 am »

I will honest. I cant remember either...
id start with real ones when they can actually hold them ti a degree o effectiveness.

thank you for drunk translation log.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: