The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
July 31, 2014, 01:23:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welp, done all ma animal burnin', don't need this shit no more so gonna sell it on E-Bay.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar: The Legend of Korra.  (Read 4582 times)
The Friendly Neighborhood Mad Scientist, J.C.
TZH Certified sig/banner maker of DOOM!
ARC Support Staff

I will Gene Splice you in Self-Defense.

josh@coldfusioninacan.com
View Profile
« on: July 30, 2011, 09:47:20 pm »

Saw a year old topic on this, figured it might need an update. When I heard about this series at first I was a bit skeptical. I mean I wasn't a huge fan of the Book of Fire, and I was really just wondering where the heck they would go? What crisis could there really be for Korra to face that wasn't some rehash of the original series. I am a big enough man to admit that the wiki shut my skepticism right up: "

The new series will take place 70 years after the end of the Avatar: The Last Airbender story arc, with all-new characters and settings. The protagonist of the new series, Korra, the next Avatar after Aang, is a hot-headed and rebellious young woman from the Southern Water Tribe who is "ready to take on the world". The series plans to follow Korra as she faces an anti-bender revolt while mastering the art of Airbending from Aang and Katara's son, Tenzin. After the conclusion of the War, Aang and Zuko brought people from the four nations together and founded the United Republic, creating Republic City, a large "metropolis powered by steampunk-type technology" such as cars and motorcycles... Anti-benders called "Equalists", who oppose the art of bending, utilize techniques such as chi-blocking to further their goals of revolution, led by Amon. Korra must fight rampant crime and the anti-bender revolt, assisted by two brothers, Mako, a Firebender, and Bolin, an Earthbender.

This is all snippets from the wiki. That really had me going for it though. I love the idea of people revolting against benders. Fear from the Fire Nation's attack would lead to people worrying which benders would be the next to exert power, and the fact that the anti-benders will be using chi blocking techniques really sweetens the deal and makes them feel like they'd be a credible threat to the benders. The advance in tech also sounds promising, I can imagine bending fights on motorcycles already. And the creators have taken on all writing duties, so it should be a streamlined story through 26 episodes with less filler than what the previous Avatar series had. I know that it could still all come crashing down, but I have to admit it sounds like it's going to be off to a damned promising start.

65 Badges Issued!
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 02:47:18 pm »

This is going to be awesome! There's a clip from it from Comicon and it's awesome!

Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGnN1DBDxaw

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
ARC Support Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 07:39:11 pm »

Yeah I had seen that, does look pretty cool. I like that Korra seems to be using bending outside of her own more too. I hope they keep that up, Aang stuck with Air bending so much it hardly seemed like he was the avatar. I guess they feel like they had to give us so much awesome to make up for the live action movie.

65 Badges Issued!
Magic
Outbreak Survivor

There ain't no party like a MAGIC party.

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 07:56:19 pm »

I think Aang primarily stuck with airbending because, at least for the first season, he didn't know anything else.  He was also a very non-violent person, and air-bending is the least violent solution to most fights, as was explored through his pacifism during the finale (not that I agree with it, as did most fans, spiritbending WTF?).

Anyway, I am extraordinarily excited to watch Legend of Korra, though a bit sad that they now use "The Last Airbender" as the heading.  *JamesCameronGrumbleGrumble*

I look forward to steampunkishness, too.
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 08:04:49 pm »

I'm really excited to see the new show.

Also, I think Aang primarily used airbending as it is super super imba imba. It's almost as overpowered as Firebending. Really, they get to create fire, and the other benders have to rely on being close to their element? (I guess airbenders kind of get a pass. Tongue)

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 08:09:28 pm »

Just a pic of Korra and Aang.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Magic
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 08:12:27 pm »

Clearly Aang was just sucking on a lemon or something.
Nah, I have always loved the art on this show.
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 10:00:27 pm »

DEM CHEEKBONES.

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 11:56:08 pm »

Aang looks so.... older.

"Sup, remember me? Aang? They call me 'Wise Older Guy' now."

Ninja'd: 863
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 06:56:50 am »

I wanna hear Old Aang's voice acting.

ARC Support Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 06:11:00 pm »

Airbending did seem pretty over powered from the first series. I always wondered how the hell the Fire Nation killed all the airbenders so quick with the kind of power they wielded. I guess that's why there were like 80 corpses around Monk Giatzou's body when Aang found it at his home temple. Is it just me or does Spirit Aang's face have a kind of "Yeah, I'd tap that." smirk? I mean we all know he did have a thing for those water tribe ladies. I can't wait for some of the stories of the original teams life after the war. I really want to know about Toph. I mean she's going to have a daughter, but I can't see her settling down with anyone, I could totally see an adult version of her just picking someone and jumping them though,

65 Badges Issued!
Magic
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 06:27:42 pm »

Gram-gram Toph.
Now there's something I'd pay heavily to see.
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 07:00:06 pm »

Airbending did seem pretty over powered from the first series. I always wondered how the hell the Fire Nation killed all the airbenders so quick with the kind of power they wielded.

You also have to remember that they were also monks, which meant that they never wanted to fight. Most of the moves are defensive than they are offensive. Also, another way the Fire Nation was able to wipe them out were those steel tank things, they were able to climb the mountains and stuff. Not only that, it seemed that a lot of the Air Temples had more children than adults, this could also be another reason why the Air Benders died quickly. And they were looking for a child as well...which brings terrible thoughts of them rounding the children up and killing them off one by one.

And now I depressed myself.

ARC Support Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 07:59:10 pm »

I don't think they had the tanks. I kind of assumed the machinists made those for them. Teo, the kid in the wheelchair said that his dad had made the counterbalance for the tanks that let them flip when they got flipped. We did see that the comet did give them the ability to fly with rocket feet, so I guess we're suppose to assume that's how. Which means they must have set up around every temple launched into them and killed every damn one in like 15 minutes when the comet lasted. The thought of armies upon armies of firebenders going all rocket boots does sound pretty kick ass, but the rounding up kid thing, not so much.

65 Badges Issued!
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 09:02:17 pm »

I thought it was assumed that they had the tanks because they needed them for the Western Air Temple, which is upside down on a mountain side.

Oh I read things wrong. Never mind.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:12:38 pm by Hailfax » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: