The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 23, 2014, 06:12:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar: The Legend of Korra.  (Read 5973 times)
The Friendly Neighborhood Mad Scientist, J.C.
TZH Certified sig/banner maker of DOOM!
ARC Support Staff

I will Gene Splice you in Self-Defense.

josh@coldfusioninacan.com
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 09:14:35 pm »

Not even the wikia has any more cohesive info on that attack outside of ambush. If Teo noticed some of his father's designs on the tanks though they couldn't have had them 100 years ago. With the Western temple though you could just repel down to them, granted the Airbenders could just cut the ropes, if they had the gumption to do so.

65 Badges Issued!
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 09:17:26 pm »

I feel like this needs to be touched upon in this new show. I'm pretty sure Aang is going to use it for when/if/possible/maybe/unlikely moment when Korra wants to abandon all hope, but that doesn't seem like her character. But I feel like Aang is going to possibly touch upon it. I don't think they said that the air benders were revitalized or something. Then again, they said there was going to be a new species of Lemur, too.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Magic
Outbreak Survivor

There ain't no party like a MAGIC party.

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 09:17:56 pm »

Oh, right, I forgot about the whole comet plot point.  They state explicitly that the airbenders could usually take them if not for the comet... They probably didn't need to even fly there, just punt giant balls of fire at them.
I believe it's also implied that, while it's easier to fly to the air temple, it's not required.  If it were, why would they bother sending foot soldiers in at all during the attack in the first book?  Granted, The Mechanist could have built it to be more accessible, but still.
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 09:19:10 pm »

Right, that damn comet. Wonder if that's gonna come back, too.

ARC Support Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 09:51:25 pm »

Not for another 30 years, wasn't it a centennial event? I hope Aang does shed some light on the genocide of his people too. I just want to know. I think Aang's son Tenzin is the only official Airbender, so he better get to work with his wife to get some more airbenders going

65 Badges Issued!
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 10:16:51 pm »

As for Toph, I read on the wiki that she went around and taught metal bending to people and that's what the police force in the new city uses since it's all kind of steam-punkish

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 06:39:36 am »

Waaaaaaait a minute....Comets are made of ice Shouldn't it boost water-bending too? Tongue

ARC Support Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 08:36:32 am »

lol, I think they have some dirt in there too, so what about earth bending? I think it was cause the comet seems to come so close to the atmosphere that it ignited it for a little while! Which should have just dragged the the thing to earth. Wouldn't it have been hilarious if the comet was just a placebo and all the fire benders were stronger just because they thought they should be?

65 Badges Issued!
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 08:43:41 am »

Heh, they have the Green Lantern effect going on, their bending is only as powerful as they think it is.

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 10:14:48 am »

The least creative super hero ever, the Green Lantern.

Anyways, I thought it was interesting that the comet made the fire benders stronger, just like how the lunar (I forget which type of eclipse is which) eclipse made the water benders stronger. I wonder if there was anything that made the earth benders or air benders stronger?

Also, fuck yeah Toph and Metal Bending

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 10:44:31 am »

The least creative super hero ever, the Green Lantern.
Oh come on, there's so many more superheroes less creative than GL, he surely doesn't earn that award. Tongue

Also on topic, I hope the new series does touch on Aang's soulbending a bit more. If he could take bending away from people, could he also give it to non-benders? You know you felt bad for Sokka too.

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 11:47:23 am »

Also on topic, I hope the new series does touch on Aang's soulbending a bit more. If he could take bending away from people, could he also give it to non-benders? You know you felt bad for Sokka too.

TBH, I didn't like that. Like, throughout the series, the three of them got like God-Modded pretty quickly. Albeit cool, but I didn't really enjoy the spirit bending. I like that he kept with his monk ways and didn't kill Ozai, but c'moooon. I dunno. Then again, I wasn't impressed with the ending of the series either because it was rushed so they could do the movie. But, for the sake of the show, that would be interesting for them to talk about. Especially since it is considered "the old ways" like in Star Wars. :B

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 11:51:16 am »

It just got so much better now, have to catch up on it sometime.

Ninja'd: 863
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 12:23:51 pm »

I like that he kept with his monk ways and didn't kill Ozai, but c'moooon. I dunno.
I do like that there was a major moral conflict there that was made apparent regardless of how it ended. The one thing I was really impressed with in the show was how they sort of touched on adult concepts, but was still made in a way that even if I were a parent I would have no problem letting my child watch at nearly any age.

Revenge, pacifism, sexism, betrayal, choosing moral obligations over obeying the law....it has it all. Even to a lesser degree they touched on racism through Jet, which could have been a very easy topic to be played on more than it was, but I'm glad that they didn't go the easy route.

I wonder if the anti-bending movement in the new series is going to be hatred toward anyone born a bender period, or if they're just against people using their powers...slight difference, but could really have a huge effect on the plot.

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 12:43:41 pm »

Oh definitely. I loved the different conflicts that they presented. Especially when Aang was talking with his other Avatars and they basically told him to kill Ozai, trolol. Esp. the Earth Bender Avatar (Kyoshi! ha, I remember her name). So much anger.

Like I said before, I get these star wars-esque feel because of how they talked about how Darth Vader still uses the old ways while the Empire moves on without it.

How I think of the Anti-bender movement, I feel like once again there is going to be someone (or a group) that give the bending ways a bad name to the point where most people fear and hate them or because of jealousy. Or it was just weeded out, dunno. There's so much that they can talk about it, I hope that they kinda sorta try to give some background on the past 70+ years and what happened.

tl;dr tl;dr lol. I'll be more coherent next time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: