The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 17, 2014, 09:02:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No.  I fuck ON.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire  (Read 1351 times)
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« on: August 22, 2011, 11:08:59 pm »

How viable would fire be in a zombie apocalypse as a weapon? I know there are numerous places where they say that fire is a bad thing but if you think about it, it wuld severely damage the zombie/s in question and possibly continue to burn them until they are useless. Sure you might start a fire in the area but without the fire brigade there will be fires everywhere. So why not just save your ammo and burn everything?

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

Die Bart Die

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 12:42:31 am »

Well in my honest opinion it all falls down to a few factors.

1) Would fire have a mental effect on a zombie? ( fear of fire)

2) How quickly would a zombie catch fire?

3) How long doe's a zombie take to burn to the point of being rendered imobile?

4) How easy is it to produce weapons that use fire in one way or another?

I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time.
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 12:42:54 am »

Try that and see how well it works out for you.

Im pretty sure everyone here has as much experience using fire as a zombie weapon as you do, buddy.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

Die Bart Die

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 12:52:53 am »

Well the first issue is actully getting a captive zombie to test this on. Outlaw with an upgrade

The first one doesnt really have to be fully mobile. We just ned to see how mush effort it takes.

I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time.
anyman82
Half-Life

The guy who wanders in occasionally

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 06:07:36 am »

NO. FIRE BAD. ZOMBIE ON FIRE SPREADS FIRE. FIRE SPREADS. WORLD BURNS.

Let us go singing as far as we go: the road will be less tedious. -Virgil-
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 06:18:05 am »

Fire is useful for many many things, and killing, although one of them, isn't what it's best at.  The best uses of fire are controlled and long term, so if those were met I think it would be a great way to mass dispose of zombies.  I'm thinking something like a tractor trailer/incinirator?  Lure zombies in, fry them, let the ashes sift out the bottom.  Down sides, not fast or real mobile, and requires some sort of fuel sorce.  As for a portable weapon, not sure I'd go with it.  As long as fire killed whatever caused the zombieism.

Mike
Five of Clubs
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 06:29:55 am »

Don't forget your respirator!

I'd use fire to at least see how well it does, preferably while I'm on top of brick building so it wouldn't catch fire too. If the zombies are afraid of it, then you have a neat tool to keep them away, if they're not afraid of it then you just have to catch one on fire, and they all pile on top of that one trying to get to you so they catch themselves on fire.

anyman82
Half-Life

The guy who wanders in occasionally

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 06:30:18 am »

Yeah, as long as it's controlled it's fine. But fire is a temperamental beast. And with no means to effectively fight it anymore, any mistake could be fatal on a massive scale.

Let us go singing as far as we go: the road will be less tedious. -Virgil-
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 07:53:28 am »

Burn zombie burn!

I have made quite a few molotovs in my time and they tend to burn pretty well and can start fires quite easily where wood is involved but I am not sure how quickly it takes for a human to start burning. From what I know it has to be pretty hot before the actual body and fat involved starts burning. Zombies with clothes would help the process. Seeing as zombies are rotting, I don't know how much fat they would have anyway.

1. Most likely no, it wouldn't affect the mind of a zombie.
2. No idea.
3. A longish time? Even if they didn't become immobile they would certainly lose more function from their limbs assuming the fire would go out at all.
4. Very easily. molotovs are the easiest to make but you could also use torches, blow torches, make flamethrowers, etc.

I always just think of dawn of the dead where by the end of the movie the entire area is swarming with zombies. Instead of hatching an escape plan with retarded buses they could have just burnt all the zombies and then walked out. Even if it took days I dont think it would matter much because they had all the time in the world.

I really should speak to a fireman about these things. Anyone know one?

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 11:07:47 am »

"It's a living thing, Brian. It breathes, it eats, and it hates. The only way to beat it is to think like it. To know that this flame will spread this way across the door and up across the ceiling, not because of the physics of flammable liquids, but because it wants to. Some guys on this job, the fire owns them, makes 'em fight it on it's level, but the only way to truly kill it is to love it a little."

Mike
Five of Clubs
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 04:41:31 pm »

I wouldn't trust fire as a weapon because when people die in a fire, the burns are usually limited to the skin and lungs. Zombies don't need that, so it would take much more time to work, and the fuel might burn out before they fall.
I could conceive using it in a zombie trap:
1- Find suitable hole (probably more feasible than digging one myself)
2- Put some fuel at the bottom. Wood and anything that will burn will do.
3- Set it up in such a way that zombies will fall in trying to reach for me or other bait.
4- Profits, hide it in a swiss bank, pretend no profits were made.
5- Once a satisfying number of zombies fill the hole, light hole on fire and get away from it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: