The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
July 29, 2014, 08:47:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No.  I fuck ON.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My personal zombie apocolypse.  (Read 1302 times)
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 30, 2011, 02:02:31 am »

Word of warning: this diatribe will be depressing. It didnt really belong on the PP thread and it didnt really belong on the GD board.

LentalMadies and MentleGen, I have discovered the roots to my fixation of the zombie apocalypse; I have been living in one for quite some time.

You see, Im kind of a wierd guy. I keep to myself, but I can be very spontaneous. Like, Pinkie Pie spontaneous. But even so, I treat the world

like an audience, versus a mass of living breathing entities. There are very few people that I let in. There are also very few people that

understand me. I know, that sounds incredibly "Stans a bitchy 16 year old emo!" but, thats how i feel. I am very weird, but I act weird

because it feels natural. It makes me feel alive. And there are people that see me and just totally understand and respect that. and in that small fraction of people, there lay the one or two people I completely and totally let in. Sometimes I make the mistake of letting someone that thinks they understand in. But theyre just a zombie in denial. I have reason to beleive that there are very few real people left, and the rest have been taken. Taken by a virus, taken by something beyond their control, and now it is controlling them. I have reason to beleive that my current reality is a dystopian wasteland.

...I should really get the fuck over myself and deal with it.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 06:40:54 am »

I guess my one thing to say is that you are young and what you are feeling is often felt in some way or another by people around your age. Also, as your surrounded a lot of the time by people your own age (at school), they themselves will all be going through their own things, and hence the feeling that perhaps a lot of people aren't 'real'. People are still trying to find out who they really 'are'. Give it a few years and most things should pass, not all, but most (though you may find they are replaced with other issues to do with getting older DX).
Sorry if you didn't really want a response (you can ignore this if you like, I would understand), especially one like this which you have probably heard before, but I am just talking from my own experience and the experiences of those I've talked to.

We may fail alone, but that is better than dying with them, only to be forgotten. I for one, would rather suffer now, than leave this life without passion.
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 07:41:08 am »

I have reason to beleive that there are very few real people left, and the rest have been taken. Taken by a virus, taken by something beyond their control, and now it is controlling them.
You may be refering to something completely different, but when I was younger I think I could relate to this sentiement. Generally I felt like a lot of people around me had some sort of mental block where they couldn't confront their problems or emotions, this especially applied to adults. They just had this serious demeanor, and yet they never approached any serious issues.

As I got older though I think I realized that it's not that they couldn't talk about their problems it's just that they wouldn't; there's nothing controlling them. Acting serious and not talking about their problems is just the way they've learned to cope, it's really sort of an "out of sight, out of mind" mentallity. My way of coping with issues was to be non-sequitur and keep a humorous demeanor while still trying to approach any issues/emotions head-on.

Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 09:01:19 am »

As an out of touch old adult I'll answer this way.  You put into words something that is very hard to explain, but as someone that once felt as you did I think I can empathize.

I am very weird, but I act weird because it feels natural.

You are an absolutely perfect normal you, that acts completely normal for you.  My only advice is don't judge yourself like you believe other people do.  Judge yourself as yourself, as harshly or lienently as you see fit.

Mike
Five of Clubs
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 10:21:44 am »

The man surrounded by people looks at them and thinks "Look at them, I am different but they are all sheep" The people surrounding him are thinking the same thing.

You'll find your place in the world. But when you are a teenager it is a lot harder.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 02:19:24 pm »

I love you all.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 04:18:22 pm »

Yeah, this is going to sound like the standard jackass guy, but it's just part of being a teenager. Believe me; I was probably a LOT worse than you (you can probably go back into the old old posts and see how many times I reference being depressed and stupid crap).
Being a teenager is weird, and you haven't yet figured yourself out yet. Give it time, and it'll get better.
One thing I learned: Stop caring about what others think of you. If a person doesn't like you, screw them; you don't have to talk to them. Once I realized I didn't have to conform to everyone's standards, life made more sense.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 04:23:39 pm »

Thanks a lot, guys.

I was conversing this topic with a lost forumite, and he was very worried that i had subconsciously locked myself in a very dark place.

Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 05:29:45 pm »

I was conversing this topic with a lost forumite, and he was very worried that i had subconsciously locked myself in a very dark place.

Nah, there's a big difference between having a feeling like you described, and treating it like reality. You don't have a destructive attitude, as far as I can tell.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: