The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 20, 2014, 12:08:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Surviving more then just zombies.  (Read 1680 times)
SpookyElectric
Zombie

View Profile Email
« on: December 08, 2011, 10:09:19 pm »

So now you can defend your self pretty well from the undead. How will you defend yourself from the living? People will be hungry, tired, and in a desperate state of food, water, and shelter. What will you do to defend yourself, your supplies, and your shelter from those willing to take it away for the means of survival? Will you build traps? Will you have a well secluded and well walled up place to stay? What about vehicles and heavily armed people? How will you survive against the living?

When the past is gone and all that is left is tomorrow...Where will you be in the present.
Newb8D
PANTS!!!
Civillian Police

You WILL be mine, pants. MINE. FOREVER.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 10:22:42 pm »

I shall use the Sim-control machine to barricade my fortress with a mountain
of tanks.  Everyone will be so intimidated.  As they stare in awe, I will sneakily
steal their pants to prepare for the harsh climate.  Once they notice that their pants
are gone, I will throw paper planes at them until I get lucky and stab their eye with
the planes.  The location is classified.  I'm telling you, it's a fool-proof plan.

8D  (8  8P  (8<  >8P  8(  D8  8O  8S  8B  <l8D  8I)

Welcome to the 8th dimension.
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 11:03:31 pm »

Dude, "Survival" isnt gonna be an issue.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

Die Bart Die

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 07:53:27 am »

I would form a community early on of people I knew and trusted. Saftey in numbers. Also I would take my people far enough away from major anything, to alow us to go unnoticed.

I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time.
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 08:52:06 am »

@ greywolf. I rename you Moses!

Your people. lol.

OT: I'd probably just stick to my normal plan. the anti zombie defences will work just as well against people and people that manage to get in will be welcomed.

Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

Die Bart Die

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 02:52:34 pm »

As Ive said before. One of my plans would be to move into a wild area like a forest, or mountian range. One idea was to keep people away with scarecrows that give the illusion of danger. Maybe build some with animals bones that come close to human bones. Create an unnerveing head to put on the top.

sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 04:56:58 pm »

One idea was to keep people away with scarecrows that give the illusion of danger.
Because people wont think "Someone wants to keep us out, he must have something valuable, then!"

btw, Are the wings on fire?
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 05:28:00 pm »

KILL EVERYONE. Think about it. A human is just a zombie waiting to happen.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 06:20:12 pm »

Join the winning team! You'll be safe from looters if you're a zombie!

More seriously, do you know how the Wendat nation kept itself safe from war in the pre-colonial times? They made themselves necessary to everybody. They occupied a central position in trade routes for the region, and everybody else was content with travelling only half the distance for the cost of having them as the middleman. They could in theory have fought them and stolen that strategic territory, but to really take advantage of it they'd have to pick up the job and that would have implied significantly changing their lifestyle, and humans are always reluctant to do that.
So, there's safety in a moderate level of dependance. I'd make sure my shelter has something nice that can't be stolen, and advertise it. By example, learn as much chemistry and pharmacology as possible in order to be able to make fresh medicine when what's in drugstores begins to go bad. One could always pillage the small amounts I might have at one time, but kill me or destroy my setup and the goods stop coming. I wouldn't toy with stuff that people can grow desperate for though (to keep the previous example: include heroin in my stock) because then they might overlook their long term interest.
And while this isn't something I'm good at, someone more skilled would have advantage in this: trying to organise the survivors in one area to form a somewhat interconnected society, even if they choose to live far apart. Train to fight zombies together, organise mutual defense strategies, etc. Make sure that if an outsider comes and is up to no good, that he will find no isolated victim to pick on without fear of retribution.

sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 06:33:06 pm »

Dodom, i like your posts.
This nescessary for everyone thing is happening now, in somalia. NOBODY shoots or attacks cellphone towers there. This is literally the only safe thing there, or so ive read.
Also, so you want to be like Switzerland?Tongue

btw, Are the wings on fire?
Fallen Aquila
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 03:01:13 pm »

Second story with no stairs, and tons of sandbags.
20 years worth of MRES, a soviet flag, hat and jacket.
a moist nugget and 50 cans too.

Done.

If I can find it, I'll play records of soviet moral officers yelling at their troops in WWII. Any survivors who will know what is being said will be confused on why their are soviets in america screaming about killing nazi's.
Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

Die Bart Die

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 08:15:50 am »

I do have a list of people for a general situation. It can range from earthquake, to social unrest. Among them are people with skills ranging from wilderness survival, to martial arts, and automotive repair. Also relatives with military, and law enforcement backgrounds.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: