The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
December 21, 2014, 10:12:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How would we live our lives?  (Read 982 times)
Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

I'll see you at Green Mountain...

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« on: December 28, 2011, 11:44:53 pm »

Over time as we began to learn the basics of the new world we find ourselves in we come to a major question...

What do we do? By this I mean what do we do about education? Social Structure? recreation? Trainning?

Dinglemonkey....
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 08:21:36 am »

Once food, shelter, and security are covered those would move up in priority.  In regards to education if the population of a community was large enough the "one room schoolhouse" model would be popular.  And after that apprentice ship type trade skill education.  Recreation is a by product of having downtime.  Children will create it anywhere.  I think adults would go out of their way to get things like movies working eventually and with enough resources.  And training I see as part of education as far as what knowledge is useful or necessary in the new world.

Mike
Five of Clubs
Dethklok
Civillian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 06:42:31 pm »

Over time as we began to learn the basics of the new world we find ourselves in we come to a major question...

What do we do? By this I mean what do we do about education? Social Structure? recreation? Trainning?
How did people live in the Wild West? Consider life in the frontier towns and you can get a pretty good sense of it. (I realize this answer may seem dismissive, but to be more specific we'd have to specify things like geography and climate, population, amount of technology to remain, and so on.)
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 07:48:35 pm »

Once food, shelter, and security are covered those would move up in priority.  In regards to education if the population of a community was large enough the "one room schoolhouse" model would be popular.  And after that apprentice ship type trade skill education.  Recreation is a by product of having downtime.  Children will create it anywhere.  I think adults would go out of their way to get things like movies working eventually and with enough resources.  And training I see as part of education as far as what knowledge is useful or necessary in the new world.

That's pretty much my response. The frontier bit would pretty much be the before this bit, getting a safe haven or secure place and getting food, water and other needed things. Education at this point would be, for under 12s (generalizeing) basic like what do you do I'd you see a zed (like the prayer for the kids in reign of fire) and, if they were in school before the outbreak, basic life skills, survival skills and simple types of history, science and the like for over 12s it would be more around helping the adult population to their ability. So helping on fields, fuel collection, running things about and thw like, with similar norm learning as to the younger people.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: