The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 20, 2014, 12:52:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "God invented Corona and limes just to see drunk people use sharp knives."

Chat logs claim I said this Saturday night.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 287   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's Comic  (Read 418503 times)
Rampito
ARC Support Staff

It's a twisted fascination

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: May 24, 2010, 03:56:42 am »

Which brings you to the thought, do you think drugs like marijuana are common in the TZH world? Or would they be extremely rare, but legal or something?

Pancreases collected/stolen: 10
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #916 on: May 24, 2010, 04:52:11 am »

Aww Jenny thanks!

You didnt have to update! It being Victoria Day and all!
 Grin But thanks anyway, it makes an excellent parting gift.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Lash2828
Coolest Waffle in show
ARC Support Staff

I'm just that cool.

lash2828@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 24, 2010, 07:09:44 am »

Jenny has the hat when playing chess.

Does it give +2 to Int or something?

*ponders*

"Lash, so pro that he can play TF2 on Atari."
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #918 on: May 24, 2010, 11:49:06 am »

I think she wears the hat to make her opponent uncomfortable.  Getting stared at by the cold soulless eyes while thinking of their next move can be unsettling.

Good comic this week, nice look at the characters in their day to day relationships.

Mike
Five of Clubs
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #919 on: May 24, 2010, 12:52:04 pm »

Which brings you to the thought, do you think drugs like marijuana are common in the TZH world? Or would they be extremely rare, but legal or something?

I imagine that it's more along the lines of boozing it up

At least, that's what I think.
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #920 on: May 24, 2010, 12:57:52 pm »

Greg's story = awesome.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
ensouls
Member of the Campaign for Dead Rights
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Frau

View Profile WWW
« Reply #921 on: May 24, 2010, 01:18:21 pm »

How did I miss this story? Greg, I demand a retelling.

Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #922 on: May 24, 2010, 01:24:11 pm »

It's Greg's story, but Milo's doing the telling. According to the comments, at least.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
ensouls
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Frau

View Profile WWW
« Reply #923 on: May 24, 2010, 04:04:37 pm »

I understand this. But apparently it was told in full during one of the streams. Mostly I just want to know what he ran over a car with. I'm hoping for a tank at the very least.

Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #924 on: May 24, 2010, 04:09:24 pm »

Yeah, it's been a few years now... But that did actually happen to me. I can no longer remember if the fellow whose truck I smashed was a major or a lt colonel... I know he had the oak leaves, but don't remember the color Smiley

Probably a major, though; I seem to recall thinking of it as hitting two majors in one day.

Anyhow.

To tell it again...

I'd had my new (to me) Explorer for about four weeks. I'd been asked to go pick up some materials at our headquarters and bring them back to where I worked.

The headquarters parking lot was shaped, hmm... let me see if this works:

Code:

|  main parking lot
  chain link fence................      |
       parking->  |[ ]|[ ]| + |[ ]|     |
                  |[_]|[ ]|[ ]|[ ]|     |
__________________|   |[Y]|[X]|[_]|_____|        |___________|
                           [_]             /---|
two-lane access road                       \---|
-----------------------------------

at any rate, if that works.

Okay, so I had picked up the stuff and was exiting the parking lot. It was basically the afternoon and it was a beautiful day in October, just gorgeous. So I figured I'd roll down the windows and enjoy it. At that point, I'd never had all the windows down.

So I hooked out of the main parking area, and about where the big arrow is, I started rolling down all my windows. Probably going about 10-15mph, tops- it wasn't really well paved or anything.

And my left rear window made this hideous screeching sound. So I spin my head around to see what's going on (nothing; I later learned that this sound is caused by dust getting into the rubber seal). And then I look back to the front... and saw the nose of a white toyota tacoma (the one marked with the X), parked in one of the places in front of me, sticking out into my lane of travel.

And then alllll I saw was sky.

Because I hadn't had time to hit the brakes before I hit it, I plowed the tacoma sideways, until it got smashed up against the car next to it (marked with a Y). Then my explorer simply crawled up and over the Tacoma's left front wheel. I caved in its side panel, smashed the hood, and came out again through the grill. Loudest thing I'd ever heard not on the firing range Wink

So I pulled over off the shoulder once I'd got past the parking spaces, to look at the damage and try not to have a heart attack.

I'd bent my bumper, and (because it curves around the nose) also dented my right front body panel.

The Tacoma was totaled. There probably wasn't anything forward of the doors that hadn't been smashed, and I'd done one better by bending it around the volkswagon it had been parked next to. A very familiar-looking volkswagon.

Fortunately, while I was standing around like an idiot trying to figure out what to do, a sergeant wandered by from one of the buildings. She went into the headquarters building to find the owners of the cars, and I called the MPs to report the accident.

The MPs did give me a ticket, and I don't fault them- even though the pickup had been parked sticking out into the lane of travel, it was totally avoidable; there was no oncoming traffic, so if I'd just been looking forward, I'd have been able to simply swerve sedately around the pickup's front end and carry on my merry way.

While that was going on, the sergeant came back with two folks. One was a master sergeant from my unit, who basically took over managing the whole thing so the sergeant who was helping me could go on her way, and one was (I'm pretty sure now) a major I'd never met before. Aaand the major was the owner of the pickup truck. Who had been scheduled to transfer to another base. The following day. Who was going to *drive* himself to said new assignment.

Under the circumstances, he was amazingly calm and polite, really. His first question was, "Do you have insurance?"
I assured him that I did. He said, "Well, then that's better than the last person who hit it."

We exchanged insurance information, and he collected some of his stuff out of the truck, and went on his not-so-merry way. A wrecker came by, and they started the work of dragging the bent pickup out of the parking spot. And then I was able to ask the master sergeant, hey, did she know who the VW belonged to? She said, "Oh, yes, that's major ____'s car."

And that major, while not directly in my chain of command, *WAS* in my unit. We all excercised together, most mornings. Which was why his car looked so familiar- it was generally parked in one of the better spots near the PT field.

So that was how I managed to cream two majors' cars in one day. Though the VW really didn't look like it had suffered much more than paint damage. Tough buggers, VW's.

Anyhow, a couple weeks after that, my unit was asked if they had a spare soldier to send to a reserve unit in Kuwait that was complaining of being short staffed. I've never been able to prove the two events were related, but somehow it wouldn't really surprise me. I was deployed for six months, and allowed to come home again after a touch under eleven months Wink

and that's the story, really. I've told it more than a few times, and this probably won't be the last time, either Smiley

Jenny decided to steal it for Milo, apparently. I didn't know about that until shortly before the strip went live- Jenny is a sneaky one, she is Cheesy
ensouls
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Frau

View Profile WWW
« Reply #925 on: May 24, 2010, 04:13:28 pm »

Excellent work xD

Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #926 on: May 24, 2010, 04:16:15 pm »

yeaahhh, sorry, no tanks in that story.

They never did give me a license to drive humvees or other trucks after that, either. Can't imagine why  angel

But hey, explorers aren't nearly as tippy as the media was making them out to be around then, either!

y'know, I still have bits of white paint on that side of my car, too...
ensouls
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Frau

View Profile WWW
« Reply #927 on: May 24, 2010, 04:22:08 pm »

Eh, it's more impressive that you managed it in an Explorer anyway.
That would make a great commercial, but I'm not sure if it would be for the Ford or the army.
Army of One Ford.

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #928 on: May 24, 2010, 04:26:32 pm »

Army of One Ford.
The story was great (although unfortunate >.>) but that line made me laugh harder than I have in weeks. Cheesy

Jenny
Queen of Derp
Official Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Ffffffffppphhbbbblblblbblttt

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #929 on: May 24, 2010, 04:58:01 pm »

Jenny decided to steal it for Milo, apparently. I didn't know about that until shortly before the strip went live- Jenny is a sneaky one, she is Cheesy

Grin

Cheer up! The worst is yet to come!
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 287   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: