The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
August 01, 2014, 05:53:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 293   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's Comic  (Read 470246 times)
SteelRaven
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #2940 on: December 25, 2011, 11:52:54 pm »

I guess this is when we find out why they are... well, you know.

DoctorVeR
Civillian Police

lol imma vampire

View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: December 26, 2011, 03:36:10 am »

Charlie is a nosy zombie.  Is this what peeves Jenny off so badly, he went through their private, confidential stuffs.  Or is it indeed much darker, more sinister zombie flickish?

Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: December 26, 2011, 06:29:33 am »

Hmm... they considered her fit for reintegration due to her young age but... does that mean they shoot the majority of refugees?
Or does the "just beaten up" look in that picture mean that they forcefully remove people from their wasteland communities and only the youngest ones are susceptible to eventually forget? What if it's actually possible to survive unaided in some wasteland areas, and it becomes deserted and ready for looting only after some officers do an initial cleanup to remove the competition?
I kinda do see ARC as a dictatorship of the Evil kind. And before you ask, yes, there are other kinds of dictatorships. There are the ones who remove a press licence if they don't like what the papers say, and there are the ones who disappear the journalist's family.

Also now, Charlie will find a copy of his teammates' medical file in those folders and remove one page he wants explanations over. After an accident at the hospital archive, they use those files to restore the lost ones, before the missing page is returned. Unfortunately, it was the page where the info on Milo's deadly penicillin allergy is written. Later that month, he gets treated for an ingrown toenail and dies.

Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #2943 on: December 26, 2011, 08:38:03 am »

very interesting.  Certainly adds weight to the idea that there is something more at work than just forming looting teams and the half-life project is the only big secret

Will we find out if people's "permanent records" can survive a zombie apocalypse?

Charlie gets suprised and has to put the files back quickly.  He accidently puts milos file in the "can't be integrated pile".  ARC officials are a little confused when they find it, but they follow the process to the letter, rules are rules after all.

Mike
Five of Clubs
jared
Half-Life

I'm pretty much queen bitch of the universe

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2944 on: December 26, 2011, 09:19:53 am »

Naughty naughty Charlie!

Jared-[communism] only starts to break down in lager groups

Log!-Because they just get drunk and just will not put up with anyone's shit.
Newb8D
PANTS!!!
Civillian Police

You WILL be mine, pants. MINE. FOREVER.

View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: December 26, 2011, 12:02:37 pm »

So Charlie's doing it himself.  Good thing those links were there, because I wouldn't have
remembered that far.  Thanks!

8D  (8  8P  (8<  >8P  8(  D8  8O  8S  8B  <l8D  8I)

Welcome to the 8th dimension.
Sods
Wastelander

Hello there.

View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: December 28, 2011, 12:57:21 am »

Wasteland Katie... So curious right now.

Common sense isn't very common.
10 for the cause.
Can mate with her, but she's creepy. Can't mate with her, but she's hot. The mermaid problem. Accept no substitutes.
Dethklok
Civillian

View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: December 29, 2011, 06:29:02 pm »

This is an interesting one. Not only is the language of the documentation well done, but the file is given in a way that each piece of information partially obscures something else. That one image really rewards analysis and encourages speculation; it made me go back and read over some of the other pages I hadn't looked at in months.

I kinda do see ARC as a dictatorship of the Evil kind. And before you ask, yes, there are other kinds of dictatorships. There are the ones who remove a press licence if they don't like what the papers say, and there are the ones who disappear the journalist's family.
I agree on both counts. Dictatorships can work well given some separation of power, a close connection between leader and led, and/or the ability to emigrate. Life in the ARC is perhaps more reminiscent of American democracy shortly after 9/11, when external threats prompted the government to wage war on dubious pretexts, practice surveillance on its citizens, and employ interrogation techniques straddling lines drawn by the Geneva Convention.
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2948 on: December 30, 2011, 07:12:25 pm »

Yep! We have them available Smiley

We are still hearing from folks whose preorders or regular orders didn't arrive- if you ordered a book and it never got there, drop me a line at my email address, and I'll send a replacement. I've tried to make sure that everyone who has sent me an email got a replacement, but there were something like 200 that may have got lost/damaged/etc. so I'm sure I've missed a few Sad

The joys of discovering that your shipping packages ain't all that, I tell ya... We use better packages, now. Stronger packages. Tougher... they are EENVEENCIBLLLLE. We hope, anyway.

Huzzah! Email sent.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
DoctorVeR
Civillian Police

lol imma vampire

View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: January 02, 2012, 02:55:47 pm »

Obviously Charlie isn't doing anything wrong or illegal, or potentially trouble in the nearer future.  While we avert our attention to some facinating wall paper, I want to pose the question, "what the freck is Mercer doing?"  Is that an X-ray pic?  And to what or whom?  We know he's supposed to be researching the virus, but is that all he's doing all on his lonesome?

This is an interesting one. Not only is the language of the documentation well done, but the file is given in a way that each piece of information partially obscures something else. That one image really rewards analysis and encourages speculation; it made me go back and read over some of the other pages I hadn't looked at in months.
I agree on both counts. Dictatorships can work well given some separation of power, a close connection between leader and led, and/or the ability to emigrate. Life in the ARC is perhaps more reminiscent of American democracy shortly after 9/11, when external threats prompted the government to wage war on dubious pretexts, practice surveillance on its citizens, and employ interrogation techniques straddling lines drawn by the Geneva Convention.

It's quite frightening how easily you summed up the current USA   Sad

Dethklok
Civillian

View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: January 03, 2012, 05:45:01 am »

It's quite frightening how easily you summed up the current USA.
It was fresh in my mind. I've been writing an essay about the problems with democracy. There are definitely good things to say about it, but on the whole I wonder whether Washington would have fought the Redcoats at all if he could have read the history books in today's schools beforehand. ("I cannot tell a lie / these people couldn't vote their way / out of a cherry pie.")
Newb8D
PANTS!!!
Civillian Police

You WILL be mine, pants. MINE. FOREVER.

View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: January 03, 2012, 06:19:43 pm »

That's because everyone knows that cherry pies use despotism, silly!

Let's see how Charlie manages to deal with this sudden situation.  Perhaps he might say that he was in the bathroom and he had a sudden urge to read a buttload of papers about Project Wastelander while he was at it.  Guess I'll have to wait and see. 

8D  (8  8P  (8<  >8P  8(  D8  8O  8S  8B  <l8D  8I)

Welcome to the 8th dimension.
SteelRaven
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #2952 on: January 03, 2012, 10:30:38 pm »

Worst ninja ever

DoctorVeR
Civillian Police

lol imma vampire

View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: January 09, 2012, 03:57:58 am »

Holy shit!  Charlie just jacked TZHs fanfiction library!  Stop him right there!

I gotta point out, he's also having a hard time keeping his badge on.  Where's TLO when you need him?

TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2954 on: January 09, 2012, 05:58:47 am »

Sleeping... Tongue

I love how Charlie obviously thinks the hat makes him inconspicuous when it really does quite the opposite.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 293   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: