The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
September 15, 2014, 10:57:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welp, done all ma animal burnin', don't need this shit no more so gonna sell it on E-Bay.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 296   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's Comic  (Read 494144 times)
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4200 on: December 02, 2013, 08:21:45 am »

There totally needs to be a spin off series of comics with headless Jenny. 

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #4201 on: December 05, 2013, 07:34:37 am »

They have been pretty funny so far.

The past few days have been where I realize that my solution for maximum data redundancy has failed to address maximum functional redundancy though. I think it's something I'll *have* to address for book 3... not sure how, though. I'll need to talk to an engineer friend of mine. Probably two servers that act like one virtual machine, where if one drops out, the other carries on... or something.
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4202 on: December 07, 2013, 12:47:33 am »

Dragonheart, but with computers.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
SteelRaven
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #4203 on: December 08, 2013, 10:29:23 pm »

I blame Skynet!

GojiraRed
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: December 08, 2013, 11:42:29 pm »

The past few days have been where I realize that my solution for maximum data redundancy has failed to address maximum functional redundancy though. I think it's something I'll *have* to address for book 3... not sure how, though. I'll need to talk to an engineer friend of mine. Probably two servers that act like one virtual machine, where if one drops out, the other carries on... or something.

Don't.  Mechanical parts break, and hard drives are 100% mechanical.  Using two hard drives actually doubles the chance of a failure.  And if one drive goes, there's a fair chance it'll take the rest of the system with it.

Use a flash drive; they're solid state and have no moving parts.  Then find a cloud solution like Google Drive and let them manage the redundant hard drive solution.  Work-system + flash drive + cloud = reasonably secure backup solution.

"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.
jared
Half-Life

I'm pretty much queen bitch of the universe

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4205 on: December 16, 2013, 12:30:13 am »

Is it too late to claim that I love Sammy? Have always loved Sammy? I think it might be too late.
I've lost my one shot at love and happiness.

Jared-[communism] only starts to break down in lager groups

Log!-Because they just get drunk and just will not put up with anyone's shit.
Sammie
I broke the internet.
Official Zombie Hunter
ARC Support Staff

Killin' puppies since '01.

twit_mideen@hotmail.com lulaeflaer@yahoo.ca
View Profile Email
« Reply #4206 on: December 16, 2013, 09:09:32 am »

Is it too late to claim that I love Sammy? Have always loved Sammy? I think it might be too late.
I've lost my one shot at love and happiness.

IT IS SPELLED WITH AN "IE". YOUR LOVE IS INSUFFICIENT.

Idle hands are the devil's playground.
...talking to you is the conversational equivalent of an out of body experience.
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4207 on: December 16, 2013, 10:10:26 am »

Hey Sammie, congrats.

Long time no see.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
jared
Half-Life

I'm pretty much queen bitch of the universe

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4208 on: December 16, 2013, 10:12:49 am »

Oh great, first the guy at the cell store starts getting on my because it's pronounced 'zed', not 'z', and then I can't spell curb right, (Apparently it's kerb) AND NOW I CAN'T SPELL YOUR NAME RIGHT. Well apparently I just can't win! D:<

Jared-[communism] only starts to break down in lager groups

Log!-Because they just get drunk and just will not put up with anyone's shit.
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #4209 on: December 16, 2013, 10:20:35 am »

hahaha! You guys are awesome.

We went and watched her get hitched. It was very sweet- she and her new hubby kept giggling all throughout their vows. At one point, they were just standing there staring into each others' eyes... to the point where the groom stopped repeating his lines and we all thought he'd lost the plot. They're an adorable couple together Smiley

Don't.  Mechanical parts break, and hard drives are 100% mechanical.  Using two hard drives actually doubles the chance of a failure.  And if one drive goes, there's a fair chance it'll take the rest of the system with it.

Use a flash drive; they're solid state and have no moving parts.  Then find a cloud solution like Google Drive and let them manage the redundant hard drive solution.  Work-system + flash drive + cloud = reasonably secure backup solution.

That wouldn't be sufficient to our needs, I'm afraid. SSDs are expensive, and best used for fast drive access. The workstations do run off of those for their daily operations, but that's not the sort of ability that a storage server needs. Graphic design work involves throwing around a *lot* of data, which means that platter drives are the economical solution. SSDs simply don't have the storage capacity for the price... plus, there's nothing that suggests that those are in any way immune to failure over time.

A cloud isn't really something that would help us- they're a generally poor idea because they introduce a number of vulnerabilities to the system for no added benefit. Our current off-site storage is under our control, and only we have access to it. A cloud is outside your control- access to it can be lost, and/or your data can be compromised. You don't know where the hardware is, or who is touching it.

At any rate- the backups themselves weren't the issue; no data was lost. What we need is to be able to continue working even when the local storage system is being rebuilt. This will likely mean either another server on the network so that one server can be taken offline while the other is running, or something similar.
Xanatos
ARC Support Staff

Forever

xanatos_forever@hotmail.com XanatosForever
View Profile Email
« Reply #4210 on: December 16, 2013, 12:11:07 pm »

Congratulations Sammie. May you endure many years of insufferable adoration.
CheshireCat
Zombie

Chaingun: when emptying the clip is not enough

View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: December 24, 2013, 01:26:43 pm »

Congratulations to Sammy and husband!

Also, regarding the Wastelander Project comic, one wonders if this may prove problematic someday. We've established via Charlie that the zombies have speech. So do we know for an absolute certainty that no TZH zombies can read?

Tweedle Dum: If you think we’re waxworks, you ought to pay, you know.
Tweedle Dee: Contrarywise, if you think we’re alive you ought to speak.
Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum: That’s logic.
SteelRaven
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #4212 on: January 03, 2014, 12:54:04 am »

Hell Yeah!

Happy New Year Jenny, happy to see you and Greg survived the holidays.

Also found The Zombie Hunters got a mention in Zombies magazine, double hell yeah!

couchfort
Wastelander

View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: January 06, 2014, 05:01:28 pm »

Woah, two new pages I missed! I just wanna go on the record and say Maureen has BUNS OF STEEL!

My best fran is Stan
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4214 on: January 07, 2014, 05:41:01 am »

I noticed that too...  Embarrassed

Jasper and I aren't so different... Wink

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT A CARTOON CHARACTERS ASS BASED ON A REAL FRIENDS OF THE CREATOR OF THE CARTOON CHARACTERS ASS MAKING THIS DOUBLE CREEPY. Is Real life Mau like your sister?  If so, triple creepy.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 296   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: