The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 23, 2014, 06:11:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mah arms are scarf!!  Dey go, "WEE WOO WEE WOO!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 299   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's Comic  (Read 535415 times)
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #825 on: April 26, 2010, 06:04:24 am »

That fifth panel.

It is ADORABLE.

At least, that's what I think.
Vaeringr
Civillian

Better living through Kevlar :p

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 26, 2010, 07:10:26 am »

And here I thought Katie was a little girl with a healthy mind... then again, how could she be in a world like this? *slaps self*

People under that kind of stress tend to be a little 'off' as a general rule. Cops, EMS people, ER staff are all a little weird and a little hard-bitten. If you constantly work under those kinds of conditions you tend to develop a fuck-you attitude. I work with at least one nurse that reminds me, *strongly* of Sammie, the difference being she pretends to be nice, Sammie doesn't even bother. That probably doesn't help the infected's relations with the civvies on Arc. Alcoholism is not uncommon, and sometimes substance abuse as well. I know of at least one ER doc who totally and completely flipped out and has been in and out of institutions for years.

That's before we talk about the potential effects the dormant zombie virus might have on your brain chemistry, they might be all be vasty more prone to psychological complications, and stress would only make it worse.

Katie? I don't know. She reminds me of some of the Aspies I know. They're not bad people but they can be very, very socially awkward and come across as callous or even cruel. "James died on our last mission out, it was pretty bad." would have been sufficient information. "Basilisk ate his face off and we had to kill him with a grenade." Is more detail then most people would want. The map is kind of telling too. She sketched everything in the smallest detail down to furniture and debris placement, that's the kind of obsessive detail you see with folks with Asperger's. (Granted that could be an artistic choice for our benefit but if it is how she did it; she really went that all-out with it.)

Zombie 's in the Room! His axe is on fire! He killed your parents!!! Shoot em' in the head!!!! Shoot em' in the heaaaaaaaad!!!  -MC Chris
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 26, 2010, 07:27:33 am »

It is a nice desk...

I'm totally going to do that today at school. In the middle of a conversation just say, Nice desk.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Jenny
Queen of Derp
Official Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Ffffffffppphhbbbblblblbblttt

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #828 on: April 26, 2010, 07:43:44 am »

TZH: "Helping people get out of awkward social situations every day!" Slow Going...

Cheer up! The worst is yet to come!
BrainBlow
Not really a green haired teenage girl
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #829 on: April 26, 2010, 07:51:20 am »

Katie? I don't know. She reminds me of some of the Aspies I know. They're not bad people but they can be very, very socially awkward and come across as callous or even cruel. "James died on our last mission out, it was pretty bad." would have been sufficient information. "Basilisk ate his face off and we had to kill him with a grenade." Is more detail then most people would want. The map is kind of telling too. She sketched everything in the smallest detail down to furniture and debris placement, that's the kind of obsessive detail you see with folks with Asperger's. (Granted that could be an artistic choice for our benefit but if it is how she did it; she really went that all-out with it.)

Story of my life.
/Salute
Aspie reporting in. -.-
Yes, what you say is pretty much correct. The difference between me and Katie would be that she has to deal with zombies on a regular basis under pressure. And she probably has PTSD. (and she is a cartoon character, haha)

Why must people think I'm cruel!? Whyyyy... Why... Oh yes, I'm "insensitive" and "disrespectful" too. I don't mean to be. But I dunno how much detail people want.

Ive gained an all-new respect for BB this day. LET IT BE KNOWN!

[c
Jenny
Queen of Derp
Official Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Ffffffffppphhbbbblblblbblttt

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #830 on: April 26, 2010, 08:58:24 am »

Oh! I thought i should mention, that I went back and edited all of chapters 1-4 for the book. Edited how? Well take a look:

How did I get away with this :| Also! I uploaded the original script underneath it's respected page, underneath the news.
It's almost like a deleted scenes reel, with commentary by yours truly. Example!

Cheer up! The worst is yet to come!
BrainBlow
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #831 on: April 26, 2010, 09:02:02 am »

Ah, now I see what is different with Charlie: His eyes and his cheek.  Grin
Nice, more detail.

[c
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #832 on: April 26, 2010, 11:10:50 am »

Ah, now I see what is different with Charlie: His eyes and his cheek.  Grin
Nice, more detail.
Also, shorter sideburns, shorter eyebrows, a more defined nose, jaw, and bald-head-line(for lack of a better word >.>) I dig the detail Smiley

Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #833 on: April 26, 2010, 11:30:50 am »

Excellent way to break the ice, that.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Chipz
Civillian

blarg zombies meet my boomstick

View Profile Email
« Reply #834 on: April 26, 2010, 12:59:48 pm »

damn
Katie=creepy as anything

i mean damn i would not give her a weapon in a high pressure situation

though i liked it
Vaeringr
Civillian

Better living through Kevlar :p

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 26, 2010, 01:15:22 pm »

damn
Katie=creepy as anything

i mean damn i would not give her a weapon in a high pressure situation

though i liked it

She seems fine in the wastes, it's Arc-side she nearly killed some people thinking they were zombies. Still, I would stick to her like glue out there. I have a horrible sense of direction. Must protect the navigator at all costs! Grin

Zombie 's in the Room! His axe is on fire! He killed your parents!!! Shoot em' in the head!!!! Shoot em' in the heaaaaaaaad!!!  -MC Chris
Fallen Aquila
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile Email
« Reply #836 on: April 26, 2010, 04:02:32 pm »

I can so imagine how bland her voice would be in that situation adding to the creepyness. Am I the only one who thinks that Charlie looked creepy in the last frame of the last page where he's holding the shirt?

Also in the 4th frame...he kinda looks like hes in a defensive stance for some reason. Still awesome page.
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 26, 2010, 04:44:02 pm »

You know what's MORE creepy with Katie? Double-jointed thumbs. (they kink backward when she does that "eyes" motion)
My thumbs aren't double-jointed, those who are look so painful! (even if I know they aren't)

BrainBlow
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #838 on: April 26, 2010, 11:52:28 pm »

I have "double joint" thumbs  Grin
I always used to scare people, pretending like I had broken my thumb when I was younger.

[c
Rampito
ARC Support Staff

It's a twisted fascination

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 27, 2010, 12:46:52 am »

Oh! I thought i should mention, that I went back and edited all of chapters 1-4 for the book. Edited how? Well take a look:
-img

How did I get away with this :| Also! I uploaded the original script underneath it's respected page, underneath the news.
It's almost like a deleted scenes reel, with commentary by yours truly. Example!
New detail looks awesome. Also I freakin love the original script addition, tis' awesome. Maybe on the weekend I shall read through the comic again and the script Grin

Pancreases collected/stolen: 10
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 299   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: