The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 24, 2014, 03:25:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No.  I fuck ON.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 299   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's Comic  (Read 536422 times)
DoctorVeR
Civillian Police

but a humble skull

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: August 04, 2010, 05:38:25 pm »

So...This is the origin of that nightmare Jenn had when the group of them fell at the wastes?  I dunno, maybe once upon a time she slept sitting up...with one eye open....

Lash2828
Coolest Waffle in show
ARC Support Staff

I'm just that cool.

lash2828@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 04, 2010, 11:39:02 pm »

God damnit Charlie, stop making me sad. Just go out there and kick ass already.

"Lash, so pro that he can play TF2 on Atari."
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #1112 on: August 05, 2010, 07:00:54 am »

treatment he is accustomed to?  Would that be being strapped down to a lab table or putting on dog and pony shows, or running around with packs of undead hunting, torturing, and eating the living?

Sorry Charlie, no sympathy yet.

Mike
Five of Clubs
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1113 on: August 05, 2010, 12:01:44 pm »

Charlie is new, hes like a person that just got thrown in to the apocalypse, the remote thing wouldnt just apply to comic!Jenny

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Vaeringr
Civillian

Better living through Kevlar :p

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 05, 2010, 04:02:25 pm »

treatment he is accustomed to?  Would that be being strapped down to a lab table or putting on dog and pony shows, or running around with packs of undead hunting, torturing, and eating the living?

Well megan and the Lab rat set are a bit more how shall we say....refined then the THZ crew, which consists of a highly reactive tough chick tomboy, a psychopathic medic/bomber, an spacy slightly creepy navigator/scout/cartographer....Maureen and Milo, who are the only two who seem...less quirky then the rest of the grading curve. They're all quite a bit quirker then Zombie C-3PO is used to dealing with. I don't think Charlie would fair much better in an any EMS/Military setting because folks who deal with death on a regular basis tend to be weird by the standards of so-called 'normal' people. He's definately more the College professor type.

Course the snotty British attitude doesn't help matters much.

Zombie 's in the Room! His axe is on fire! He killed your parents!!! Shoot em' in the head!!!! Shoot em' in the heaaaaaaaad!!!  -MC Chris
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #1115 on: August 05, 2010, 06:18:51 pm »

I'm not saying I can't see why some people may have sympathy for Charlie, and I suspect there is more history between Megan and Charlie than we've seen, but for me, at this point, even knowing how well he does in saving butts in the near future, I don't have sympathy for him yet.

Mike
Five of Clubs
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1116 on: August 05, 2010, 07:28:08 pm »

Zombie C-3PO
Hahahaha, that's the best description of Charlie anyone's ever made. Cheesy

DoctorVeR
Civillian Police

but a humble skull

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 06, 2010, 12:45:52 am »

haaaaiiiiiii...it's the heart to heart I wus waiting for  ^V^   You do not surprise apocolyptic survivors/war vets, they have a tendency to murder the first moving thing in reach, no questions asked  Cheesy

treatment he is accustomed to?  Would that be being strapped down to a lab table or putting on dog and pony shows, or running around with packs of undead hunting, torturing, and eating the living?

I don't think Charlie remembers that far back.  They didn't just give him the treatment and suddenly he was sipping tea, when he was adequent and stable enough they probably started to teach him his basics and then he went off from there.  When Meg and them first introduced Charls to the world, I don't even think he had a fullish vocab yet (probably wrong, bleh).  He didn't talk a whole lot, We only got a few words like - Megan, No, rawwr - but we know he could follow commands like a battle bot

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 06, 2010, 05:19:21 pm »

Am I the only one to notice that Charlie could have just you know turned the tv off by pushing the power off on the tv?

Even in the Zombie Apocalypse, tv laziness is still heavy.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Lash2828
Coolest Waffle in show
ARC Support Staff

I'm just that cool.

lash2828@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 06, 2010, 11:46:30 pm »

Charlie took a decision making moment the second he entered the room.

A) Shut off TV by pressing the power button on the TV.

B) reach for the remote which jenny is hugging in her sleep and thus cause DRAMA!

Charlie confirmed for attention whore.

"Lash, so pro that he can play TF2 on Atari."
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 07, 2010, 06:40:34 am »

Here I'm gonna talk about PTSD:

As someone who went through a collection of traumatic events at pre-school age (better not go into details) I know the topic from the inside. Now all cases are different, the age of onset and the victim's personality play much into it. Some become introverted, some turn into harpies, some develop weird habits they seem to be comfortable with, some look normal but snap unpredictably, etc. PTSD is for all life. It physically alters the prefrontal lobe, and the brain doesn't heal like a sore muscle, a past trauma only makes one more vulnerable to the next.

It's not something that will go away and that you can afford to make more comfortable until it passes. The way to live with it has never been to avoid situations that trigger anxiety or anger, because they include everyday events. You sure should avoid too intense stress, and not put up with people who want to "fix" you (unless it's actually their job; but most people who want that have no knowledge of psychology) or otherwise drive you past your limit, but you have to aknowledge that your tolerance to stimulus is diminished, that not every thing that feels like an assault is one.
You still won't be normal, you'll still have mood swings and bad days and fears that make no sense, but planning your life around them will not help, no matter how tempting. And planning others' life around it... just isn't going to happen. Do veterans who beat their wives and children get better? No, they hurt themselves as much as their family. PTSD causes it, but doesn't make it a good idea. Behaviors that stem from a mental illness, believe it or not, aren't always sensible.

So I believe Charlie has the right attitude. He is not pushing Jenny around, but he refuses to pretend he isn't there. If she hadn't been doing everything to make him feel unwanted, then going out of his way not to disturb her nap would simply be polite, but with the way she has been acting, he has to show her that he's unimpressed. Milo may be trying to protect her, he is encouraging her in something that is unhealthy.

GrimKusanagi
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #1121 on: August 07, 2010, 11:18:38 am »

Seems a bit overly complicated. Could simply be you dig at me I'm gonna dig at you. And since Jenny did start it and takes every chance she gets naturally Charlie is going to retaliate if he gets a chance.

Now I can understand Jennys reaction with the remote since Charlies still new but 11 months later shes still having nightmares of him taking a chunk out of her. At that point you have to realize it's not Charlie(or zombies in general for that matter) she is afraid of but Death. And in her mind Charlie is the personification of death. They will never get along till she gets over her fear of death.

Atleast thats the way I see it.
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 07, 2010, 12:44:36 pm »

In the future her fear might be more justified. So far Charlie did nothing except return her provocations. 11 months later, maybe he did do something in the meantime. (someone still has to kill Milo!)

GrimKusanagi
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #1123 on: August 07, 2010, 09:04:24 pm »

Think maybe Charlie had something to do with Milo's death? I duno Jenny probably would have executed him on the spot. If he did I'm sure it was kept secret from her.
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 07, 2010, 09:59:27 pm »

It could be him or it could be anyone or anything, really... Charlie probably does something in the future, because future Jenny says so (I know what you did!) but it can be anything shameful, not necessarily as serious as murder.

But speculating on Milo's fate is a little game I enjoy XD

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 299   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: