The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
December 22, 2014, 04:38:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HOLY CRAPTARDS!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Fast will IT spread?  (Read 1814 times)
Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

I'll see you at Green Mountain...

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:15:18 pm »

Do you think the whatever it is will spread fast and we'll all just wake up that day and total chaos like in Dawn of the Dead (remake)? Or will it come in slowly like a mist?

Dinglemonkey....
Newb8D
PANTS!!!
Civillian Police

You WILL be mine, pants. MINE. FOREVER.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 08:33:32 pm »

Not saying the Z word, eh?  Or are you talking about butter? Huh?

I think the virus will spread relatively fast, especially if it starts in a crowded place.  If the victim is brought to a hospital, then even worse (unless they could cure it or whatnot).
Panic will start and create a huge rush once more find out what's going on.  Maybe if an outbreak started and it wasn't covered up, then the panic would spread.  It'll start slowly, but as the numbers of THEM increase, it'll spread fast.  The more populated a place is, the faster.  I would hope that the response against the things would be swift and efficient, but that won't always happen.  People will start fleeing and infected will pass it on to other places, all that jazz.  No quarantine is 100% effective.  But unlike your typical movie character, we would at least have some idea of how to deal with the threat.

If you're talking about butter, then it will depend on what knife you use and how fast you are.

Also, zombie.

8D  (8  8P  (8<  >8P  8(  D8  8O  8S  8B  <l8D  8I)

Welcome to the 8th dimension.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 08:39:52 pm »

As is everyone's usual response any time this particular question is brought up, it depends completely on a bajillion different factors. How does it affect mobility? How easy does it spread? Where does it start? How obvious is it? It could be anywhere from global in a matter of days to completely gone in fifteen minutes.

At least, that's what I think.
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 09:22:43 pm »

Regardless of its actual speed, it'll come as a surprise because people will have largely ignored it until it became impossible to ignore.

jared
Half-Life

I'm pretty much queen bitch of the universe

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 10:02:21 pm »

Mayhaps we should figure out what these factors are, such as the longer it takes for the infection to become noticeable, the faster it will spread, because people who have it will better integrate into the non-infected population. Unless the infection is caught early, then I guess it make be easier to contain. When someone is bitten it gives you more time to "deal with it" in what ever manner you feel best before they turn.

Jared-[communism] only starts to break down in lager groups

Log!-Because they just get drunk and just will not put up with anyone's shit.
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 07:53:20 am »

I think something that lies dormant in the system but can be spread is the worst. So it spreads around most of the world and eventually when the people who have it start dying then they are all across the world so it would break out sporadically at first but then become an unstoppable wave.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 08:34:06 am »

I think something that lies dormant in the system but can be spread is the worst. So it spreads around most of the world and eventually when the people who have it start dying then they are all across the world so it would break out sporadically at first but then become an unstoppable wave.
This is probably the only way an actual epidemic outbreak would start.  Because really, a virus that is only passed through biting is hard to spread.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

I'll see you at Green Mountain...

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 08:45:40 am »

I'm kinda thinking it would be worse if it was slow. Then it would have time to spread to the 4 corners of the world before we know whats going on.

Dinglemonkey....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: