The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 28, 2014, 06:20:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giggle Titties: The Articles Only Edition is on sale now!  Get your copy today!

HAHAH tits

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Countries do you think will get it worse?  (Read 5442 times)
Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

I'll see you at Green Mountain...

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« on: February 24, 2012, 08:50:18 am »

I highly spreadable zombie virus is crossing the globe. Its everywhere population centers are. Which countries do you think will get it worse?

Japan. Such a compressed population. It's not a matter of days, but hours. The U.S. along the coasts where the population centers are the highest.

Dinglemonkey....
Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Fluke Laboratories: EVOLVE TODAY!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 09:48:57 am »

Us Brits will get hit hard. Most of the population is urban and the rest is hardly habitable and with the inevitable collapse of the transport network getting about will be nigh on impossible. Those in isolated areas rely on supplies coming in via those networks. If the Hunters and Crawlers don't get us starvation/Wastelander raids will.

And I couldn't have done it without Fluke Labs! *thumbs up at camera*
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 05:19:28 pm »

Direct threat from zombies would be greatest in countries that are both crowded AND poor.
Indirect threat, via the breakdown of society, would be worst in:
- Hostile climates where food and other goods need to be supplied largely from a distance. Deserts, polar regions, and areas with poor soil for agriculture.
- Hostile political climates, where warring factions would not miss the occasion to strike against their opponents.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 06:54:45 pm »

I highly spreadable zombie virus is crossing the globe. Its everywhere population centers are. Which countries do you think will get it worse?

Japan. Such a compressed population. It's not a matter of days, but hours. The U.S. along the coasts where the population centers are the highest.

It's not always where the population centers are highest. I think that America would kind of have an easier time with a zombie apocalypse, as we're completely okay with letting civilians have all kinds of insane firepower.

At least, that's what I think.
Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Fluke Laboratories: EVOLVE TODAY!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 08:06:01 pm »

Us Brits aren't allowed (legal) firepower. That's it. We're getting it in the arse. In the arse, I say.  Cry

And I couldn't have done it without Fluke Labs! *thumbs up at camera*
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 10:20:42 pm »

Britain and Japan would be some of the worst hit I think. Having large populations and both being on isolated areas of land. Food would be a huge issue because with such large populations even if the zombies dont get you starvation will as all the shops would be ransacked very early on. The entire country would be turned into a slaughter house.

For me living in Australia the threat of zombies is a lot lower but starvation would be a lot higher. I for one have no idea how to live off the land and would have to rely on stockpiles to survive which is what everyone else would be doing.

The way I see it is zombies act like gas. They spread out and move to cover larger areas only converging again if one moans. So if you are living in a large land mass with few people and are silent then you should be safe enough.

India would be one of the absolute worst places to be. The massive population would be uncontrollable and infection would spread quickly especially in city areas. Disease which is a huge issue already would be ten times worse.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

Obnoxiously Righteous Savior - RiceGuard

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 11:34:25 am »

Wait wouldn't Island nation have a better ability to isolate themselves from the rest of the mainland?
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 11:44:18 am »

Yeah, but they also have nowhere to go.

sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 01:39:26 pm »

Where would they want to go, if zombies are everywhere?Tongue
Also, keep in mind, that land on large landmasses only seems so easy to cross, because we use cars, bridges, etc. Zombies probably wont do that, so things might not be all that bad.

Yeah, the biggest problem for British Isles would be hunger, as even during WW2 hitler nearly managed to starve them, and now they have even more people.

India and China? keep in mind, that while their populations are huge, so are their areas. I think china has population density similar to poland, and its not that much. India probably is similar. Think about Bangladesh, and other small and dense populations like that. Benelux, comes to mind, also. (also, no guns there)

Anyway, the zombies dangerousness dependst mostly on how they work- if they decompose just as dead people, zombie invasion wouldnt be a problem, especially in equatorial area. Also, during winter in sub zero temperatures, we would be safe.

And, as usual, i agree with Dodom:P

btw, Are the wings on fire?
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 02:29:13 pm »

Where would they want to go, if zombies are everywhere?Tongue

Away?

sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 02:31:02 pm »

Shit, i didnt think of that:P

btw, Are the wings on fire?
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 07:50:38 pm »

Nowhere. The entire worlds got its bases covered.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 08:54:42 pm »

In terms of Australia, if zombies ended up getting here, most of us would be pretty screwed, as in the higher density areas most people do not own guns or anything, and like Ricky said, have no idea of how to live off the land. I think the further you go inland though, where the climate is harsher, you'll find that farmers and small towns will be able to live off the land, a lot will have guns that were used to kill unwanted animals, and of course people are much more spread out, so you would be very unlikely to come across a massive amount of zombies as you would in the built up coastal areas. From experience, my uncle owns a farm, and he has everything you would need to survive for a very long time, including petrol and things like that, which would run out very fast in higher density areas.

In terms of where in the world would be hit hardest, I agree that it would definitely be the countries who already struggle with disease, who are high density, and already have a high death rate without factoring in zombies.

We may fail alone, but that is better than dying with them, only to be forgotten. I for one, would rather suffer now, than leave this life without passion.
Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 08:41:22 am »

Does the outbreak hit on summer or Winter? That will have huge difference.

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 11:37:27 pm »

India, China, and Japan would get hit pretty hard; they all have huge populations with high concentrations in some cities, and Japan's military isn't great.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: