The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 23, 2014, 01:27:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No.  I fuck ON.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Building a Colony...  (Read 8197 times)
Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

I'll see you at Green Mountain...

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« on: March 04, 2012, 11:46:26 pm »

Ok, so you and your group have found an area that is relatively zombie free, or the zombie population can be dealt with quietly. You have the tools and equipment to build a colony.

What would you build?

I'd prolly build some kind of stockade wall around the colony. The entrance would be a reverse draw bridge that opens up rather then down. As for homes, they would prolly be simple A frames, unless or until we get our hands on better building materials.

Dinglemonkey....
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 06:26:31 am »

I would build a crapload of treehouses. Then I could shoot zombies from the trees with impunity.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 06:05:14 am »

I like that idea.

Dinglemonkey....
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 06:46:33 am »

I would do my best to find existing buildings, adapting and maintaining them would take less work than building from scratch, and would probably have better quality. With the time saved, I'd rather fence in as large a chunk of land as possible, so we can work outside without constantly looking over our shoulder. Crops that require less work could be on the outside of it if not everything fits. A couple of greenhouses would be nice, and since we have the "tools and equipment", might as well set up whatever free energy source the land affords us, be it wind or solar.
Whenever houses are close enough, there should be bridges between them, (as long as people are reasonably fit, two ropes would do the job) so if zombies break the perimeter, inhabitants can not be trapped in one location.
There could be traps outside the fences. With big legible signs saying "trap here", since the main target are zombies. Ideally we'd inspect them everyday as animals might get caught and well free meat is probably a good idea, even if it isn't the main goal.

Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 01:06:27 pm »

To me the only problem with using established buildings is that thier made to be visible. Thats not just going to attract zombies, but people I don't really want to deal with who might think they have more of a right to my groups supplies. Don't get me wrong. There are advantages to already standing buildings.

Dinglemonkey....
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 01:39:49 pm »

bitch please. Im in the UK.

We load into a fecking castle and go dark age on their undead asses.

Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 05:50:40 am »

bitch please. Im in the UK.

We load into a fecking castle and go dark age on their undead asses.

I think they did that in World war z. But how will you fare against beserkers and howlers?

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 02:41:55 pm »

CASTLE! you know, big ass ditch usually filled with water, drawbridge that gets pulled up, internal fresh water supply and plenty of space to grow some crops and food on the inside.

yeah... a howlersgonna do a lot of damage on the other side of a moat and then a thick wall. beserker... well, that will destroy itself first.

sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 03:12:54 pm »

fuck it, oridinarybuilding here is zombie proof, especially if built before 00's. Also, Fun Fact about post warsaw pact countries- schools built during communism, were supposed to be combat(?) hospitals if war ever broke out. So we have lots of buildings that might be useful  if zombie apocalypse ever comes.
Also- There was a lot of stealing during communism and early 90's, so lots of buildings are thieve proofed- iron bars on the windows of first and second floors, and doors always were made to withstand a lot of force. So, if zombies ever come to eastern europe, they are screwed:P

btw, Are the wings on fire?
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 07:59:34 pm »

yeah, buildings in europe in general are gonna be reclaimed rather then stripped to make a better place.  I mean the saying an english mans home is his castle is applied to most of the EU

Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 07:58:57 am »

In my opinion the only real flaw with castles is that the best way to defeat thier massive strength, is to go after the people inside. Before they could launch dead animals and people over the way, people used to just wait outside. The people inside were trapped without hope of resupply. Zombies are just going to keep stacking up outside the walls.

Dinglemonkey....
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 08:07:47 am »

CASTLE! you know, big ass ditch usually filled with water, drawbridge that gets pulled up, internal fresh water supply and plenty of space to grow some crops and food on the inside.

Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 08:34:34 pm »

I think they did that in World war z. But how will you fare against beserkers and howlers?

What Cricco said. The ones you'd need to watch for would be hunters (Even then climbing the walls would be impressive), and some security fencing would stop those chaps nicely I think.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 06:20:50 am »

What Cricco said. The ones you'd need to watch for would be hunters (Even then climbing the walls would be impressive), and some security fencing would stop those chaps nicely I think.

Cant they jump retardedly high though? Most castle walls that I have seen arent that high at certain points. Maybe 4-6 metres. Also there are trees nearby that you would have to cut down to prevent them climbing up a tree then leaping across.

sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 09:58:02 am »

even 3 meters is retardedly high for people:P

btw, Are the wings on fire?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: