The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 30, 2014, 06:17:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giggle Titties: The Articles Only Edition is on sale now!  Get your copy today!

HAHAH tits

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairy Dust ~ Dodom's new webcomic  (Read 7362 times)
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« on: April 14, 2012, 08:48:59 pm »

Look, it's not that I don't love HQ, but it's a fanfic, it's always a bit of an embarrassment to be doing something that I didn't really create, and to answer "well, you have to read that other comic first" when people ask me where they can find it. I'm not closing it officially, but really, having an original webcomic feels a lot better, so I can't foresee going back to it. (I will mention it in the Corpse Soap thread, would be rude to leave it hanging. And eventually, I'll leave the archive up to date.)

So remember when I said that I felt tempted to write a comic about trollfairies? Well, I really wanted to do it. But don't worry, the only trollfairy there is is six years old in the first chapter, so she just looks like a big messy fairy with a weird face, she won't look like the grotesque monster you saw before puberty, and there are at least three chapters to go before that happens.
I promised Cass not to seriously advertise the comic before it had ten pages, well I was super nice and waited until it had ELEVEN! Man I'm wild! So, link:
Fairy Dust

With all the mythical creatures, you guessed that it's fantasy. It's also set in a modern world, although the main characters live on an island where most inhabitants are primitive aboriginals. That comic is flagged for violence, and there's some nudity too but no direct fan service. Not even a fat hairy troll crotch shot, and I know how much you guys wanted to see that!

Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 09:28:23 am »

Yay, Dodomcomic! It's looking pretty nifty so far.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 09:01:26 am »

You are fav'd and I shall be reading Cheesy

What's your update schedule going to be, do you think?
Jenny
Queen of Derp
Official Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Ffffffffppphhbbbblblblbblttt

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:02:39 am »

Congrats Dodom! Cheesy
I loved watching your art progress and improve from the first HQ you did! HQ being a good practice piece before venturing out to do your own project will make it all the better BELIEVE ME. I wish I did some practice before starting TZH!

"it's always a bit of an embarrassment to be doing something that I didn't really create, and to answer "well, you have to read that other comic first"
Lollolol. I have to admit that it was always a bit embarrassing to me when I would tell peeps about the fanatic that updates WAY more frequently and has a BIGGER and AWESOMER archive than TZH. Wink Heheh.

Goooodluuuuck! Greg and I will be reading =D

Cheer up! The worst is yet to come!
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 09:47:55 am »

Whee, troll fairies!

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 04:27:06 pm »

You are fav'd and I shall be reading Cheesy

What's your update schedule going to be, do you think?

I don't feel ready to have an official schedule, but I think I should update about twice a week. It has elaborate background art and the pages are large, so it can't be daily, but it's also shorter to do than something coloured. Right now I'm updating a little more often than that, but I'm putting a little more in because I'm getting it started, it should settle down a little.

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 07:30:02 pm »

Not even a fat hairy troll crotch shot, and I know how much you guys wanted to see that!
>.>

*Adds to bucket list*

Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Fluke Laboratories: EVOLVE TODAY!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 03:41:25 pm »

Gruad dammit, another comic to add to my list of monthly updates!
*reads*
Baby Zoe, now with wings?
*hopes*
Now this, this plot I likes. Accept 3 Kudos!

And I couldn't have done it without Fluke Labs! *thumbs up at camera*
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 06:55:17 am »

Can I ask you guys for a little help?
Not much, but I'm working on a new layout for Fairy Dust, and I'd like some opinions. The current one looks sweet but it's a pre-made template and eventually if you're serious you want something individual.
I'm going for something mostly black and white because the comic is black and white, but also colourful and psychedelic, because the eponymous fairy dust is like evil LSD.

I created a pseudo-comic page to work on the layout, here: http://3141592654.thecomicseries.com/
Hopefully nobody will be creating a comic called "the nine decimals of pi" before I'm done, delete that site, and free the url.
I'll only create the English version after I'm done with the rest, sorry about that, I prefer not to have to bother about translating my words while I'd rather focus on everything else. I only created one of the extra pages, since one should be enough to display the layout. It's behind the "Univers" link, and if you look at the wall of text you know why I didn't finish the others first. Yeah there's still quite some work to do over there. The off-center background image is also on my to-do list.
So what I need to know:
- Does everything work? If some elements appear in completely illogical places, that counts as not working, only the background image is supposed to be surrealistic, not the placement of DIV blocks.
- Is the design obnoxious?

If you want to READ the comic, well I didn't re-upload everything on the temporary location, so either use the link up here in the OP, or view the layout in construction in this post and click the "English" link under the banner, which points to the current - active - version.

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 02:46:54 pm »

Looks good to me. It's straightforward and easy to navigate. The color adds, but isn't distracting IMO.

Kind of wish I could think of something to critique so it wouldn't seem like I'm giving the generic half-hearted thumbs-up, but *shrug* you did a good job.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: