The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 22, 2014, 03:44:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Do you want me to drive?  'Cause I can drive y' know.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The best and worst  (Read 1063 times)
dudesomebody
Half-Life

the beatings will continue until moral improves!!

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2012, 09:57:27 am »

In my search for zombie related flicks I have discovered a pattern, for every good zombie movie there are 10 bad ones. The point of this thread is to share what you think the best and worst zombie movies are, give us a brief reason why you think the way you do. I'll get us started.

Beast: the 1990 remake of Night of the living dead

Romero had this film made to bring the Dead series back inline with its self. He fixed a few of the plotholes with the zombies( most notably the useing tools thing) and reintroduced it to a generation that may have otherwise missed it. It has a special place i nmy heart becasue it is the first zombie film I have ever seen.

Worst: House of the dead

I know it seems like a copout to use a uwe bowl movie but I cant not talk about it. The acting is weak, the story confusing and the bullet time used in the action scenes is just boring...how do you make bullet time boring!! Zombie movies shouldn't be hard to make, even some of the bad ones are fun because they are so bad, but uwe bowl manages to fail on every level with this one.

Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Fluke Laboratories: EVOLVE TODAY!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 01:53:09 pm »

Assuming you can look these up may I recommend:
"Night Of The Creeps" - Alien bioweapon creates zombies. Made 80s/90s it was a homage to 50s zombie/horror (think "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers", the proper *original* version) films and was funny and disturbing at the same time. Classic quote: "Thrill me." (The police detective is uber jaded. Even when  faced with alien possessed zombies.)
"Fido" - Zombies as pets. Classic quote: "You were a smoker, boy?"
As for bad I concur with "House of the Dead" - "I has a corset and I is using a sword!" Point being...?

And I couldn't have done it without Fluke Labs! *thumbs up at camera*
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 03:18:46 pm »

Ghost Lake.  Really really bad and not even so bad it's good. 

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: