The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 20, 2014, 07:21:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welp, done all ma animal burnin', don't need this shit no more so gonna sell it on E-Bay.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It begins.  (Read 5258 times)
DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 12:25:38 am »

Then radio and TV and the internet happened and
Very little difference actually occurred. Sadly knowledge of something bad happening and actually changing so that the bad thing doesn't happen again are very different things.

In fact, I'm sure that we all often see where people get so hyped up about something bad that happens, that for whatever reason, in trying to solve it, more bad things happen. If that makes any sense at all, my head is a bit mushy from sitting for hours doing a really boring assignment.

Also, on topic, I'm sure we have all seen this but oh well... I find it amusing

We may fail alone, but that is better than dying with them, only to be forgotten. I for one, would rather suffer now, than leave this life without passion.
sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2012, 06:51:56 am »

About this world being a terrible place:
Actually, according to some scientific research, humanity is getting less violent(based on percentage of people who died of war related causes) even including the world wars. Aaaaand not to mention medicine:P
So, world still is terrible, but a bit less than an hour before.

btw, Are the wings on fire?
Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

WARNING: I am become derp, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 01:52:11 pm »

Very little difference actually occurred. Sadly knowledge of something bad happening and actually changing so that the bad thing doesn't happen again are very different things.

What I mean is that people weren't aware of "how terrible the world is" until larger news sources came into the picture. A long time ago people weren't worried about what was happening across the planet. Now people are looking at everything at once, because they have access to literally everything. What affect this has on the human brain, I dunno.

sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 02:53:34 pm »

I think that before internet/radio/tv people had enough terrible stuff happening to them near them.

LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2012, 01:08:39 am »

Everything is going to look more terrible when you get all the bad things thrown out at once.
Also, you tend to hear bad stories more than GOOD stories, since it makes for better news. So really, you're failing to account for all the unknown number of GOOD stories that aren't being told.
Here; this page will take some of your cynicism away.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Heartwarming/RealLife

Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

WARNING: I am become derp, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 02:50:34 am »

Everything is going to look more terrible when you get all the bad things thrown out at once.

Yuss. We hear everything at once, whereas people didn't hear everything at once back in the old days.

While I don't think the world's become a worse place, I do think people are more paranoid and on edge than they used to be. And humanity's become feeble under all our technology. But that's a different story.

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2012, 07:43:01 pm »

*Comes out of zombie-proof bunker after 3 weeks of hiding*

Huh. The apocalypse was much shorter than I had expected.

sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 04:59:18 am »

While I don't think the world's become a worse place, I do think people are more paranoid and on edge than they used to be. And humanity's become feeble under all our technology. But that's a different story.
yup. And there is no better way to control a large group of people than fear. Stalin kinda perfected it, but modern governments are more subtle, i think.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: