The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 23, 2014, 12:12:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Do you want me to drive?  'Cause I can drive y' know.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Annoying Zombie cliches  (Read 8001 times)
OMGzombies
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2012, 01:14:26 pm »

So what are the most annoying zombie cliches? The ones that tend to be overused and unoriginal. Is it when they use some military experiment to explain the plague? When people sit around talking about the things they miss in the old world? Slow movin zombies that somehow teleport to convenient places to jump out and bite people? Or the fact that some group is surviving just to get from point A to B, only to have very thing end at B. I'm sure there are many, but just wanted to see what people were tired of seeing or reading when it comes to Zombies.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 10:58:05 pm »

At this point in pop culture, zombies are annoying cliches. This comic is one of the few zombie things I pay attention to.

At least, that's what I think.
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 06:55:17 am »

Definately sick of the teleporting slow zombies. Seriously annoying. Land of the dead has this the worst.

Also shotguns being pumped everytime something happens.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 08:20:43 am »

This is just a bad action movie cliche period.  It's right up there with dubbing in the sound of a handgun cocking/the slide being racked every time it's pointed at a new target.

As far as zombies cliches go, the refusal to do a confirmatory headshot on a suspected dead zombie, nope, let's walk up to it and see whether or not it's really down for the count.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 09:24:11 pm »

Annnd, to keep in line with the topic, zombies that never have lips and zombies erupting from their graves wearing street clothes.

Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 07:04:44 am »

As far as zombies cliches go, the refusal to do a confirmatory headshot on a suspected dead zombie, nope, let's walk up to it and see whether or not it's really down for the count.

Well, that does make sense in a way. Ammunition is a finite resource, if a zombie's down you may as well make sure with a melee weapon rather than a bullet.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 10:46:43 am »

This is just a bad action movie cliche period.  It's right up there with dubbing in the sound of a handgun cocking/the slide being racked every time it's pointed at a new target.

I watched wolverine origins and there is a scene where they are shooting at wolverine with a helicopter mounted minigun. The only problem is the sound they use is a .50 cal machine gun.

I reckon zombieland did it right. Double tap people!

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 03:17:44 pm »

I watched wolverine origins and there is a scene where they are shooting at wolverine with a helicopter mounted minigun. The only problem is the sound they use is a .50 cal machine gun.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 05:07:32 pm »

Your gif won't work.

Anyways, the cliche that Shotguns are the number 1 way of facing the undead, sending a powerful force of unstopabble godlike power in a single shot wiping out multiple zombies. Yeah they're versatile weapons, you can easily use a slug for range or buckshot for close, but it takes time to reload those things, not to mention they're pretty darn loud. The ammo (Assuming you have a 12 gauge) will take up a fair bit of space. I say .22 is the way to go, a box of 500 rounds of .22 is the size of a brick, fairly quiet, no recoil, it wont knock them on their ass, but as long as you make those headshots they should be down and out.

Also, malls. I mean it makes sense, but it always seems to be the malls people go for when looking for shelter.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Chipz
Civillian

blarg zombies meet my boomstick

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 05:18:23 pm »

Definately sick of the teleporting slow zombies. Seriously annoying. Land of the dead has this the worst.

Oh yes that is the absolute worse for me but that goes for any movie that happens in.
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 09:29:23 pm »

not enough treadmills

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 09:51:04 pm »

People splitting up where all of them know that they should not. But this goes for every 'horror' movie.

btw, Are the wings on fire?
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 03:47:08 am »

People splitting up where all of them know that they should not. But this goes for every 'horror' movie.
Also the chicks get stuck with the weedy little pistol while the dudes get the chunky machine guns.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Outlander
Half-Life

Australian Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 04:33:53 am »

Worst yet, The rambo of the group hanging back with the big old machine gun and the mob approach him and hes like yep wall of lead suckers, hit every zombie with a head shot or or cuts them in half while unleashing his spam of .50 cal. Im sorry but if that happened and he is not laying down he might hit 1 or 2 then be looking at the sky.

Also girls in heels running away if it were me and im a dude id flick those bastards off and get my speedy feet happening.

He thinks his job is to be Bad Ass, And he excels at his position.
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 12:34:01 pm »

...Not enough mad scientists. This is like, the opposite of a cliche, but still, man.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: