The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 25, 2014, 04:10:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: It's a BRICK-FLAIL!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If it happened today  (Read 5035 times)
dudesomebody
Half-Life

the beatings will continue until moral improves!!

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2012, 12:33:12 am »

So this is it, the zombie apocalypse has begun. The news talking about the chaos, the military is over run and your undead neighbor is mucnhing on the family pet; how prepared are you right now sweet protagonist??

I know someone else asked this question many many moons ago and I thought it was time to revisit the question; if the worst hapened and the dead started walkng right now how prepared are you?? Do you have a enough food?? ammo?? rolls of toilet paper??

Me, I'm not that prepared. I am slowly gathering together supplies for general disaster preparedness but am along way away from being ready for anything. I don't need to know ammo counts or anything but let us know, how ready are you??

Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 08:16:38 am »

I think it has been a while for this, and we have some new faces (text, posters, ?).

We've got a solid 2 weeks of food in the house (could stretch to 4), water for 2 weeks if we are careful but we could always boil/purify more. Enough construction tools/materials to secure the first floor.  Generator and about 10 gallons of gas. As for ammo, I've got roughly 3 - 4000 of various rifle and pistol calibers ready to go, and the components to reload maybe 5,000 more (sounds like a lot, but really it's not that much).

Basically the idea is, we are very prepared to ride out 3 or 4 days of a natural disaster.  The most we've needed to date is 2, during a hurricane.  I think for the area I live in any more than a 2 week need to survive is highly unlikely (knocking on wood right now). 

Mike
Five of Clubs
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 12:44:12 pm »

i got a cabinet fulla pills, and some rope in my garage. Im all set.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
metalwolf
Wastelander

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 11:48:49 pm »

If it happened right this minute, I would be in trouble. I am at work, in a box with glass windows all around, and the closest thing to a weapon i could get my hands on is a broom. If I was at my apartment, I would have some chance to escape to the country. I had 500 rounds for my rifles last time i counted, but i have used it since then.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:06:54 pm by metalwolf » Logged

Stand behind me and be protected, Stand beside me and be an ally, stand infront of me and fall.

I wish for a corrupted wish. Corrupting this wish will result in my wish not being corrupted.
PARADOX!!!!!!
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 09:44:13 am »

Ive gotten more skills regarding survival and more equipment but my general fitness has gone down as I have been sick for the past month.

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

Obnoxiously Righteous Savior - RiceGuard

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 11:31:53 pm »

What if we were at work?
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 12:56:57 pm »

fuckit, crank up some black metal, and burn down an entire city. Then die if im not dead already.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
dudesomebody
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 02:55:04 pm »

What if we were at work?

I was mostly thinking about how prepared you are with supplies and the like, but what would you do if you where at work?? My plan has a lot of running in it and not much beyond that.

RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

Obnoxiously Righteous Savior - RiceGuard

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 06:57:04 pm »

I was mostly thinking about how prepared you are with supplies and the like, but what would you do if you where at work?? My plan has a lot of running in it and not much beyond that.

I work at a Office supply store located in a strip mall. There a local Grocery store, a Wallgreens, and a few resturants around. I would assume we get hit pretty hard early when people start swarming in for supplies and safety. Granted that our security gates are worth to shitless It wouldn't hold, when the dead or the living swarms. But I do have some epic ideas for makeshift weapons. Cheesy Like making a spear out of a broom stick, ducktape, and box cutter blades.

I really doubt that we'll be able to establish a defense of any kind, and I'm not even sure if the other stores are willing to cooperate with us.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 07:00:06 pm by RiceGuard » Logged
Newb8D
PANTS!!!
Civillian Police

You WILL be mine, pants. MINE. FOREVER.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 03:52:39 pm »

I've got a shovel and some spades in the backyard. A few medium-sized knives in the kitchen would come in handy in close combat. No guns, unfortunately. Weapons aside, we've only got some a closet full of canned food and some soda stored in the basement. There's an attic and the house has three stories...though I'm not sure how fast the stairs can be destroyed. From the looks of it, I'd still rather relocate to a safer location.

Where I volunteer, there's a friendly atmosphere all around, with large glass windows. My position is at a hangout for kids and teens, so not many weapons to be found. There might be a fire extinguisher, around but I'm not sure. It's right next to a mall and a crowded movie theatre, so it'd be a nightmare. Sad

8D  (8  8P  (8<  >8P  8(  D8  8O  8S  8B  <l8D  8I)

Welcome to the 8th dimension.
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 08:11:30 am »

I'm in the middle of moving to a new house.  The official furniture and start living in the new house will be this weekend, but we have moved some stuff over already.  One thing we've moved is the gun safe and firearms.  So in my current residence I am woefully unprepared for the apocalypse.  So please, no one let loose a zombie super virus before Saturday (I'm looking in your direction Opus Fluke).

Mike
Five of Clubs
dudesomebody
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 10:44:42 pm »

I like that you mentioned you where unprepared you are even though you have weapons, way too many people put a high value on weapons without thinking of further survival. I am slowly starting to stock up on food and water, not just for zombies mind you we get bad tornados here too.

Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 06:42:47 am »

I do still have my generator, a few gallons of gas, and my wood chipper.  So I'm not totally unprepared, just mostly.

Mike
Five of Clubs
Synaster
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 09:56:31 pm »

If it happened today, I'd assume the electricity is still running, right? For us, as long as we have electricity, we can get water.

We also have wood, a sawmill to make more wood, a skid-steer, rifles, ammo (maybe not enough), chainsaw, machete, several gardens, various canned vegetables and jellies and deer meat, two refrigerators and a freezer, four vehicles if we need to leave, and I really don't think we have enough toilet paper. I think we're good on food and maybe house fortifications.

If it comes down to home-defense, we could be okay. Unfortunately, if it comes down to running away from a pursuing zombie, most of us won't make it. XP
Big Bird
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 07:55:33 am »

I tend to agree - if it happened today, most of us would be dead in a month and not due to zombie predation. Due to starvation, disease and inter-human conflict.

Personally, I'd head for a rather nice little island I know of, 12 miles from the mainland and about a square mile in area.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: