The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 20, 2014, 09:48:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welp, done all ma animal burnin', don't need this shit no more so gonna sell it on E-Bay.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: City of Heroes is dead. ;_;  (Read 1064 times)
The Friendly Neighborhood Mad Scientist, J.C.
TZH Certified sig/banner maker of DOOM!
ARC Support Staff

I will Gene Splice you in Self-Defense.

josh@coldfusioninacan.com
View Profile
« on: August 31, 2012, 08:46:25 pm »

I have played this game for 5+ years now. I loved it. They always had something new in the line to make me love the game all over and make me excited to play. My wife and I played, built characters, and played in an incredible world. I had hoped that when my kids got old enough we could all play together. You never expect something to last forever, but man you don't think it'll just end like that. NCSoft has just pulled the plug on the game, entire dev team just gone at the drop of a hat, and now one of my favorite past times is going to just disappear. That sucks, and not just because of the time and money I put into the game, but because of all the fun I won't be able to have again. All the dastardly deeds left undone, the wrongs I never got around to writing. I have to say, for all the good and bad, I am going to miss that game

65 Badges Issued!
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 05:39:28 pm »

I was actually hurt to find out that they shut it down.

But from what I've been hearing is that several people are making attempts to either save the game or buy it from NCsoft.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 09:20:30 pm »

Thats sad. But its business...

and business is cruel...   Undecided

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
The Friendly Neighborhood Mad Scientist, J.C.
TZH Certified sig/banner maker of DOOM!
ARC Support Staff

I will Gene Splice you in Self-Defense.

josh@coldfusioninacan.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 10:04:01 am »

I was actually hurt to find out that they shut it down.

But from what I've been hearing is that several people are making attempts to either save the game or buy it from NCsoft.

Yeah, outcry has been pretty huge, but I don't have high hopes for it all. Like Stan said, Business is cruel. Besides even if CoH gets saved, it just wouldn't be the same. The trust and stability would be shattered. Who would spend money on a game that might just get the plug pulled again?

65 Badges Issued!
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 11:04:10 am »

I've logged back in a couple of times since hearing it was ending.  I nice as it was to know it was there, I won't really miss it.  I had a great time with it for years, but it's been a while and I stopped playing for all the right reasons.  It was nice to get a last glimpse and say goodbye.

Mike
Five of Clubs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: