The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
September 18, 2014, 07:47:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oh, Gutted Hobo...you tried to steal supplies, and ended up stealing our hearts.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: War Z - Do NOT play this game, it's one big scam  (Read 1623 times)
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« on: December 20, 2012, 05:48:29 pm »

Read here to see what I'm talking about. I'll also share what is known below.

For those who don't know, War Z is a recent MMO FPS made to cash in on the popularity of Day Z (The popular ARMA II Mod), the game is free to play with a one time purchase... What lots of people don't know is that this game is just a giant moneywhoring scam, and I post this here because I know a good lot of you like zombie games, and I don't want you cool peeps to fall victim to their lies. The game uses a microtransaction model, which would normally not be that big a deal, and isn't anything surprising for free to play games, but the devs boast this games survival aspects, its not surviving if you can just pay real money for supplies to give you the upper hand. Also, you lose those supplies when you die. So you can pay money for some item, join a game, die, there goes your money.

Video on just how horribly made the game is. You could argue that Day Z is horrible, and from what I've heard it is in many ways, but it's a free mod for a free game, and that mod is in Alpha, where as War Z is advertised as a full game that you have to pay for.

"WarZ Devs have reportedly just released a patch which proves their quick money-grabbing and game-breaking schemes. After changing the description of their game due to TotalHailbut calling them out on false advertising, they have now updated the game with a new patch.
Steam users are reporting the following: "... They actually increased the respawn-timer from 1 hour to 4 hours. BUT they added a revive button, where you can spend 50GC (real money) to revive them instantly." Additionally, they are now forcing you to sign the TOS to play the game, which includes disallowing refunds. This is against the law.
How is it against the law? False advertising, which is still going on."

War Z stole it's Terms of Service from the popular game League of Legends because the devs were lazy.

Just about every game feature listed by the developers is in no way implemented into the game.

They lied about the size of the game's map.

The game is being slammed by users on MetaCritic.

Devs begging people to go to vote on metacritic.

Shocking interview with the developers showing how terrible their logic is as they try to justify lying about the game.

Valve is investigating the War Z Steam Game Forums after users are banned from it unfairly by the moderator of the Official War Z Forums for calling the devs out on their lies.

EDIT:
I also want to add some more information on the game...
The game is almost entirely composed of hackers, well over half the games population is hacking. Why? Because it's easy and nobody, no moderators, admins, nobody is stopping them from doing it. That means you have a bunch of cheaters running around killing anybody else, so then the non-cheaters are like "Fuck this I can't do anything in this game without getting killed, so I'm gonna cheat too", and start cheating as well.
On top of that, the online economy is broken, a duplication glitch was discovered and players have duplicated thousands of the games most expensive items (Items you would buy normally from the online store with real money), the duplication glitch was fixed, but people still have all this duped gear, and again, nobody is doing anything about it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:10:11 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 07:05:57 pm »

I'll still be here waiting for the DayZ standalone to be released.   

Thanks for the heads up though, hopefully they get righteously sued.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 11:18:26 pm »

State of Decay is starting to look promising.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 12:13:33 am »

State of Decay is also (thankfully) not an MMO.

RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

Obnoxiously Righteous Savior - RiceGuard

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 06:41:57 am »

What I don't get are some of the few minority who are attempting to say "It isn't that bad." You know the Hipsters who are attempting to not be a sheep.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 02:50:55 pm »

Yeah same. They just must have very VERY low standards or something, because what I've seen from this game hasn't been very good, it just looks like a terribly made game. I also read that it's essentially a reskinned version of War Inc, an online Call of Duty knock off made by the same guy. Now, borrowing resources from another game you previously made isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's just plain lazy when basically all you do is take a majority of those resources and slap a zombie themed skin on them and call it a day instead of making any unique elements at all.

RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

Obnoxiously Righteous Savior - RiceGuard

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 11:52:31 pm »

Sounds like most of the gamers at my old college... They usually just slap some skin on a Counter Strike MOD and call it their own.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 11:49:56 am »

Just want to mention that the title of War Z has been changed to "Infestation: Survivor Stories", likely due to the original names similarity to the movie/book. Don't let it fool you, it's the same shitty scam of a game.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 11:57:59 am »

Yea... I fell for it when it was on sale for less than four bucks.  But honestly I've gotten at least four bucks worth of enjoyment out of it and I've scrounged decent gear without having to resort to paying cash (which I don't intend to do anyway.)  My cousin and I (who I hardly ever see in person anymore) skype and play it fairly often.  (He picked it up in the same sale.)  I won't say it's an awesome game but honestly, sneaking into infested towns and coming back out with a good loot haul is fun. 

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 12:21:34 pm »

Eh as long as you're having fun I suppose. I'm really just surprised the game is still around considering how much hate it's receiving.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 12:40:56 pm »

I can say that even in the month or so that I've been playing I've seen some improvements.  Biggest being that they swapped a number of items that required gold coins (the currency you have to buy) to the in game money you can scrounge.  The devs are still their own worst PR nightmare but if you play with one or two people you know and avoid the overcrowded PvP servers it's enjoyable.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: