The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 19, 2014, 01:51:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: It's a BRICK-FLAIL!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam Holiday Sale Ending January 5th  (Read 1185 times)
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: December 30, 2012, 04:33:55 pm »

Sure it's more than half over and some kickass flash deals are six feet under, there are still some awesome deals to be had for all you cheap bastards.

For 19 more hours, the Galactic Civilizations franchise for $6.24, but Gal Civ II Complete for $4.99 because all you need is the second one. I bought it, just for the two expansions as I still have the collector's edition of Dread Lords boxed.

And for that next set, Mount & Blade Franchise and Age of Empires III Complete. Really interested in Mount & Blade but running out of funds and been eying some other collections that might be on flash deals.

Really tempted for the Civ IV Complete Flash Deal but don't know if my computer can play it, let alone the expansions.

Already bought a few goodies and aiming to get a few more before it all ends, and post your shopping lists if you didn't get 'em all in the previous sales.

Ninja'd: 863
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 04:36:28 pm »

I might have to buy the Age of Empires III series. It's only 9.99$ for me.

FUCK YOU STEAM SALE.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 04:37:34 pm »

I don't have a credit card like you rich bastards, so I can't buy anything. D:

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 04:41:47 pm »

I mostly use my debit card. Do you have a bank account? You should be able to ask for a debit card, should you want one. But my aunt got me a prepaid credit card, which I used to buy a few games (football manager, boderlands, etc)

fuck steam sales because my wallet is like: NOO HAIL WHAT ARE YOU DOING. WE NEED TO SAVE MONEY.

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 04:48:16 pm »

I have a debit card but I never even thought of it until you mentioned it... and you may have put everything at risk. The Steam Burglar heard the kid debit card in the cupboard.
Heard good things about Football Manager but no way my comp can run it.

Steam's holding a gun to your wallet, isn't it? Just like every other semi-poor person.

Rich bastard?! Poor bastard is the correct term you bastard! I missed out on the THQ Bundle of recent games and decided to put a few coins into my Paypal for the next bundle and then Steam comes up and says, "Check this shit out man, got some real good shit on sale. Want in?" and like a druggie needing his fix, I was game.

And the games I bought were in the next Humble Indie Bundle, totally ruining my original intent.

I might have to buy the Age of Empires III series. It's only 9.99$ for me.

FUCK YOU STEAM SALE.

You know it's worth it to play as the Sioux against the white man.

Edit: The Flash Sale on Closer ends soon but damn it looks good. Skipping out on Civ IV Complete but hope they put the last few 4X games on flash sales.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:21:48 am by HK-47 » Logged

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 08:45:30 pm »

If Freedom Force wins Community Choice (Voted for Thief Gold but changed my mind a bit too late), I'm rebuying it with the sequel. It'll be so dirt cheap that it'd be irresistible.

Also thinking of Ankh 2/3, separately since the combo pack is $15 for some reason. 0.99 + 1.99 separate, and heard they were decent.
Cossacks/American Conquest Pack for a fiver, Commandos 2 (Don't know if brutally hard squad-based RTS games are my forte so going with the highest rated one) for a dollar and some good ol' Serious Sam, because it has all the intelligence of a peanut.
Still Life and Scratches: Director's Cut, both for 2.50. More good things about these two.

But damn man, Train Simulator 2013 for $13.74? These Flash Sales kick ass. And Daily Deal again for The Binding of Isaac.

Apart from my list there, I'm just waiting in case anything goes on sale that looks good enough to get and playable.

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 02:28:54 am »

With the sale coming to a close, I wrapped up my spending and am all tapped out. Added shitloads to my backlog but some damn good finds and great deals were had.

I'll post my loot a bit later.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 03:06:54 am »

I mostly use my debit card. Do you have a bank account? You should be able to ask for a debit card, should you want one. But my aunt got me a prepaid credit card, which I used to buy a few games (football manager, boderlands, etc)

fuck steam sales because my wallet is like: NOO HAIL WHAT ARE YOU DOING. WE NEED TO SAVE MONEY.
I have a debit card with a bank account, problem is the credit card company thingies its tied to are ones nobody on the face of the earth accepts. Might have to go the prepaid route.

Also... Football Manager? What's fun about a game like that? Wouldn't that basically just be organizing matches and whatnot?

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 04:01:27 am »

That's weird. :/ The only thing that I can think of for you as a suggestion is maybe change banks? Pretty weird that people won't accept it. :C Le booo.

Also... Football Manager? What's fun about a game like that? Wouldn't that basically just be organizing matches and whatnot?

Dude, I don't even know. I'm coaching the Portland Timbers right now and I'm about to play another where I manage Chelsea FC. I don't know. I think it's a pretty neat approach to sports. You get to do whatever you want. The cool thing is that every single player in the game are actual players, the staff you use are the actual staff and all around pretty interesting. I dunno why I love these kinds of games, but I do.

Football manager is like that mask where you have a small air hole and you keep sticking your tongue in the air hole and cutting yourself. You know it hurts, but you keep doing it. It's maddening. Plus one for me using Venture Bros

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 05:15:46 am »

That's weird. :/ The only thing that I can think of for you as a suggestion is maybe change banks? Pretty weird that people won't accept it. :C Le booo.
Yeah it's like... I don't even know, I think Cero was one of them or something? None of them are master card, visa, or american express, the only three that actually matter. It stinks.

Dude, I don't even know. I'm coaching the Portland Timbers right now and I'm about to play another where I manage Chelsea FC. I don't know. I think it's a pretty neat approach to sports. You get to do whatever you want. The cool thing is that every single player in the game are actual players, the staff you use are the actual staff and all around pretty interesting. I dunno why I love these kinds of games, but I do.

Football manager is like that mask where you have a small air hole and you keep sticking your tongue in the air hole and cutting yourself. You know it hurts, but you keep doing it. It's maddening. Plus one for me using Venture Bros
Well whatever floats your boat. :3c
I also really need to watch more Venture Bros.

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 01:45:38 am »

Did anybody catch Sleeping Dogs for a fiver at 11 AM? Should have gotten it but when I get a computer that could play it, it'd be on sale in the next Steam Holiday Sale for five or ten bucks.
Changed to 66% off afterward but that was pretty rad.

Football Manager 2013's real big in Europe, and taking your team of scruffy football players and turning them into champions through the string pulling of a puppeteer is pretty neat. Probably not my niche but I'd give it a go.

I was done and all but fuck you Steam, having Morrowind for a fiver when I said I was over and done with you for the season... but was waiting for that one to go on sale. And caved in on Divine Divinity and Sid Meier's Pirates. Brain wouldn't shut up about them but the latter, damn amazing.

Missed out on Syberia II, kept thinking of the first and how I never finished it
Scratches: Director's Cut and the Ankh Pack, didn't know if I could run them or if they were my cup of tea in adventure gaming
Beyond Divinity, kinda a cheap bastard on that. Didn't know when I would get to it.
American Conquest, don't know if I'm that much of an RTS guy, got all... war gamey.
Gundemonium, maybe I should have bought the three pack.
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club? Think that's what it was. Short, but looked good.
Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble! Wat. 1920s women misbehaving to change society in a RPG style board game?

My end tally:

Analogue: A Hate Story + Soundtrack
The Binding of Isaac + DLC + Soundtrack
Breath of Death VII/ Cthulhu Saves the World Double Pack
Broken Sword III: The Sleeping Dragon
Commandos 2: Men of Courage
Crusader Kings Complete
Disciples II Gold (Gallean's Return + Rise of the Elves)
Divine Divinity
Freedom Force + Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
Jack Keane
Legend of Grimrock + DLC
The Longest Journey + Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Max Payne + Max Payne 2
Merchant Box (Patrician III + DarkStar One + The Great Art Race)
Port Royale 2
Runaway: A Road Adventure
Sacred Gold
Sid Meier's Pirates
Spellforce: Platinum Edition
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
Still Life + Still Life 2
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Time Gentlemen, Please! + Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack
Tropico Reloaded (Tropico 1 + DLC + Tropico 2)

I'm good for the winter in backlogging.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 01:48:15 am »

Didn't get anything unfortunately. Maybe next sale I will. I'm really hoping our EB Games will get in Steam Wallet cards soon, I know america has them, but for whatever reason we haven't gotten ours yet.

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 02:31:19 am »

Next time you will, Team Canada will ransack the sale! And finally realize what it's like for you all to partake in it.
To truly partake in it, some real good shit to be had and to be found if you go looking.

Canada's always late to the party. They ought to get us up to speed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: