The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 18, 2017, 08:14:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confident or Arrogant?  (Read 1687 times)
johnpierce
Zombie

View Profile Email
« on: November 15, 2014, 06:56:14 am »

I am sometimes naturally confident, and I have suffered with a mental illness for many years now, which affects my interaction socially. So sometimes when I am feeling like I am not feeling confident enough to get through any social interaction, I will fake it until it feels natural. Fake it until you make it lol. And then I end up coming across as arrogant, because I have turned the dial up too much.

Then other times if I am feeling a little low, I will try to talk myself up - because they say that speaking of positive things - is a good way to generate the feeling of positivity within yourself. But then once again I do come off as arrogant.

What would you say about yourself? Are you confident, and come across as arrogant?

Roxtar
Zombie

slacker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 09:39:05 am »

That's something I struggle with too from time to time (arrogance, not mental illness). I have a saying: It's not arrogant if it's accurate. Being a braggart is another thing though. I think we all have that tendency to toot our own horns from time to time, keeping it to a minimum should be something to strive for though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: