The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 20, 2014, 07:28:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "God invented Corona and limes just to see drunk people use sharp knives."

Chat logs claim I said this Saturday night.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: The Fort of Ye Olde Forum  (Read 8635 times)
Tokkie
Half-Life

HOW COULD YOU?!

tokkiebainow@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 07:26:27 pm »

Entry 1: Huzzah! After an agonizingly long trek through lands that could best be described as "elven", we have arrived! The site in question, although certainly as frigid as the prospector had told us, is rich in wood and stone, and should be an excellent outpost, provided we can survive come winter.

Entry 2: After several days searching for suitable entry points, we've decided to strike the earth at a natural shale wall located near a peaceful brook. Shin will be pleased! The lead miner, an eerily calm fellow with the dubious name of 'Ralion' requested blueprints for the main floor. I'm not really qualified, but I gave it a try. I'm not sure they like it.

Entry 3: Goodness! The gods must have their eyes on us! In a single day of digging, we've come across veins of both bauxite and ruby. Few dwarves have been this fortunate in this short period of time. ...I'll keep a look out for monsters. This doesn't feel right.

Entry 4: Progress on the Northern wing is coming nicely. It seems that the miners have seen better, but it's definitely not the worst they've ever dug out. That vein of bauxite turned out to be larger than we initially thought. Supposing we can get some craft booths up and running, we should have a good source for scrimshaw.

Entry 5: We're low on alcohol. It's only been a week. Someone's skimming off the top, and I can't figure out who. I swear, if we have to cut back to only 8 pints a day, someone's getting hung from the rafters.

Entry 6: Psst. Don't tell anyone I wrote so, but it seems that Ralion and Raryn have been getting a bit close lately. Spending so much time in the dark tunnels together, it's no real surprise. I wonder if they have plans? ...oh great. I'm gossiping. And writing to myself. I need alcohol.

Entry 7: Due to our lack of hops-based hydration, we've been forced to resort to water. Bland, useless water. I've ordered the construction of a well to be fed from the brook through an underground canal. The stone-grubbers are starting to get on my nerves with their smoochy smooch crap. If I thought we could get along without them, I'd send them to strip-mine that quartz deposit a couple miles from here

Entry 8: Finally, something else to do besides stare at the sun and drink from a damned river. The miners inform me that they've finally completed the first section of the main floor.

Maybe if we can get a brewery going, I'll feel better.
Entry 9: Scoundrels! The kobolds have been sending scouts to our fortress! We only found out because one of the scaly little bastards tried to make off with my chess set. Luckily, we slaughtered him before he made it a hundred feet. Note to self: Maybe the mining duo aren't so bad after all.

Entry 10: Good news. Ralion and Raryn have announced their intent to marry! Well, technically, they married ten seconds after he proposed (Apparently AnarchyLad got her license to wed shortly before we left the Mountainhomes. She claims that marriage rates rise 180% in the presence of shale. The woman terrifies me.), but I suppose that they were engaged for a time.

Entry 11: Some migrants have arrived. Apparently, reports of our current successes have reached home. I'll be processing them in the next few days.

Unfortunately, we'll have to cut back on alcohol consumption even more now. Shite.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:31:08 pm by Tokkie » Logged
AnarchyLad
ARC Support Staff

I reserve the right to rarely be around

crimsontide14@hotmail.com anarchylad36
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 01:34:24 pm »

What's up with the graphics? Don't get me wrong they're awesome, I just want to know where I can download them from.

The hardest thing about a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited Smiley
Tokkie
Half-Life

HOW COULD YOU?!

tokkiebainow@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 01:55:16 pm »

What's up with the graphics? Don't get me wrong they're awesome, I just want to know where I can download them from.

Download here.
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 06:23:30 pm »

Sadly tried getting into this game, but the learning curve is too deep.

Going to play some Dungeon Keeper instead sadly. Really want to give this game a try.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Ralion
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Gentleshark

RalionX@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 06:30:52 pm »

Well that was fast, not very surprising though, there was only one other guy.

Quote from: TheLastOutlaw
I think I may have to adopt you at some point.
Flying Teapot
ARC Support Staff

Muahahahaha.....ha

pomegranate.juice@hotmail.com TokoRakka
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 07:21:19 pm »

Can i join in?

Tokkie
Half-Life

HOW COULD YOU?!

tokkiebainow@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 07:35:15 pm »

Yarp. I expect to do the next segment tomorrow, so I'll add the pending dwarves in at that point.
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 12:34:55 pm »

If possible you should add me, because like. I'm smexy.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Grammer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Kehehehehehe!

vile-grimoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 12:47:39 pm »

Sadly tried getting into this game, but the learning curve is too deep.

Going to play some Dungeon Keeper instead sadly. Really want to give this game a try.

You know, the community quote for the game is "It's fun to lose." Or something like that. Or in other words, you're not really supposed to do well in it.

Cute: Anything that will bring a horrible death upon unwanted visitors.

You know when they warn you about some crazy showing up here? That's me they're talking about. Tea?
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 12:54:22 pm »

Yeah there are games that are like that.

But me personally, the first 5 minutes always counts. If i can't understand the first 5 minutes then its a no go. Would have been cool to have a built in tutorial.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Grammer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Kehehehehehe!

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 01:20:48 pm »

It's got a wiki instead.

Seriously, the game is incredibly complicated. You don't really have a chance to figure it out in five minutes. If you want to play it, you should be prepared to sit down and do some wikireading and a lot of experimenting in-game. Like when I had a cannal failure and almost drowned two levels of my fortress. That was fun.

You know when they warn you about some crazy showing up here? That's me they're talking about. Tea?
Dopp
Outbreak Survivor

TZH's Apprentice DA

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 02:25:46 pm »

If there is a spot open, could I jump in?

I'd probably die fishing up carp or something equally silly....

BRING IT FISH!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 02:27:17 pm by Dopp » Logged

Tokkie
Half-Life

HOW COULD YOU?!

tokkiebainow@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 03:24:19 pm »

Entry 12: I've had some time to interview the newest arrivals, and have compiled their psychological profiles.  Besides an unusually high frequency of strange nicknames, everything appears to be... normal? What's a bit distressing is that, soon after the recent marriage, Inod Asoltar requested that everyone begin calling him "Gezkill", Urist Nishisak chose "McNinja", Aban Degel picked "Drago Solaris", and Mistem Mosussobir took "Sok". There may be a contaminant in the water.

I'll probably have time to write more extensively now, with all these new hands. Since it appears that I've been trusted with the important decisions around here, I figure that it's time we got some protection up and running. Kobolds aren't known for their mercy. One of the new people, a suave dwarf with the interesting moniker of "Flying Teapot" caught my eye as a candidate for Sheriff. We'll see.

Tokkie's Note: I'm finding that there's an enormously high ratio of females:males, and that's causing people to get mid-dwarf sex changes. I hope that no one minds, because I really don't want to switch around names every time I get an immigrant wave. On another note, I'll have the next post up later today. Waiting for something to happen.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 03:29:22 pm by Tokkie » Logged
Tokkie
Half-Life

HOW COULD YOU?!

tokkiebainow@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 04:14:23 pm »

Entry 13: The well is complete! The meeting hall is now open for business, and we are all very excited. Not as excited as I'll be when that first mug of sweeeeeet ale gets poured, but regardless, it's a time for celebration. Good feelings abound!

Entry 14: Ugh. Testosterone. The meatbags in our newly established sleeping hall insist on pounding the beards out of each other all day, citing their reason as "ain't no beer and ain't nothin' ta kill" and threatening participation on anyone who voices their annoyance. I'll never understand the type. The barracks should be completed within the week, so long as no-one gets a bed lodged in their rectum.

Entry 15: Uvad Vabokzim, one of the unskilled laborers, suddenly withdrew from society and claimed our newly built craft shop. In what can only be described as a blessing from Shin, he soon produced an amazing item that he refers to as Kintan, or Oakticked in the old tongue. Though it seems to have no practical use, the miniature wooden forge will fetch a fine price at the next trade caravan.

Grammer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Kehehehehehe!

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 04:19:26 pm »

I like my dawrf, he look accurate enough. Did I see right when I saw "Member of the Joys of Slaughter"?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: