The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 21, 2014, 02:49:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I'm having a fucking BLAST.  See this?  This is my "HAVING A FUCKING BLAST" face!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Anime Are you Currently Watching III: Because Nothing Else Matters  (Read 60343 times)
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #450 on: September 30, 2013, 02:12:51 pm »

In this case, forget any other show and just watch Spice & Wolf.

Ninja'd: 863
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #451 on: September 30, 2013, 02:55:40 pm »

Not watching it yet but I ordered Roberta's Blood Trail now that it's out on Blu Ray.  Can't wait to watch this.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #452 on: September 30, 2013, 03:39:13 pm »

The first show of the new season, Diabolik Lovers. Without a doubt it's one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen, devoid of morals, warmth, compassion, emotion aside from disgust, revulsion, repulsion, hate, so much unbridled, raw hatred for all the douchepires that inhabit this godless heathen show.

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 30, 2013, 03:41:23 pm »

In this case, forget any other show and just watch Spice & Wolf.

Totally rewatched the first episode last night.

Also plowed through, B Gata H Kei and I really enjoyed it.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #454 on: September 30, 2013, 04:15:30 pm »

And... I finished Soul Eater. I think I'll start Spice and Wolf next.

Is it better to watch a marathon of the same show, or mix it up and watch several different shows as if it were a tv channel (minus the commercials)?
Oh man Spice and Wolf is SO GOOD.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #455 on: October 03, 2013, 09:22:18 pm »

Infinite Stratos 2

Watched it for Charlotte and Laura and the episode was mostly about them. The writers know their stuff to make it the best episode of the series.

Kill la Kill

Pure awesome. Pure, unbelievable awesome. It's like Gurren Lagann but with kids. The first episode, so unbelievably amazing: Fast, unrelenting speed and action, style, hammy characters, fun and filled with endless energy and it's run by coolness.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #456 on: October 08, 2013, 01:06:24 am »

I got some anime DVDs cheap at value village, and in relatively good condition. 3 Disc set of FLCL, Ghost in the Shell, and... The End of Evangelion. I've seen FLCL before, and I know it's great, Ghost in the Shell is pretty good save for some hokey writing, but is visually very compelling.

Now Evangelion... I've never had any exposure to it before. I have a friend willing to pay me $35 for it, but I figured I'd make sure it actually worked first. The animation and design are very nice, but everything else is terrible. It's absolutely bloated with allusions to the bible, they went went to every possible length to make all the characters unlikeable, and everything I'm watching is just one big fucking confusing mess. From what I've read, this series is what popularized, or started a lot of the bad tropes in anime. Well at least I know it works so I can sell it.

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 08, 2013, 05:04:09 am »

I loved the original Evangelion series, they did a lot of interesting things, though I have not seen any of the remastered/remade stuff.

Kill la Kill

Pure awesome. Pure, unbelievable awesome. It's like Gurren Lagann but with kids. The first episode, so unbelievably amazing: Fast, unrelenting speed and action, style, hammy characters, fun and filled with endless energy and it's run by coolness.

This. Holy shit this. Kill la Kill is so ridiculous and fun. I watched the first episode and enjoyed it so much.

I've been rewatching Amagami SS which is still one of my favs (Well, arcs 1,2,4 and sometimes 6).

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #458 on: October 08, 2013, 08:55:02 am »

Finally finished watching Roberta's blood trail, it ended a little different from the Manga but was about as awesome I expected.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
NerdPower!
MEOWTH! That's right!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Vote Saxon this November!

nerdpower13@hotmail.com nerdpower13 cooldude24597@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #459 on: October 08, 2013, 01:12:45 pm »

End of Evangelion is a horrible place to start watching the series. Of course you're going to be confused when it is the movie that wrapped up the original series. Especially with a show as weird as Eva.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #460 on: October 08, 2013, 06:11:02 pm »

I never really had an interest in Evangelion, I was making sure it works because this particular DVD is somewhat rare and I have a friend willing to buy it off me. It's less that I was confused about what I was watching (that's to be expected when starting from the end), it was that it just wasn't very good, none of the characters are likeable, the writing is bad, allusions to religion have been done to death in all forms of media, yet this one just takes it to a whole new level of stupid, thinking they're so deep or whatever... Then it just goes full 2001 at the end.

Synaster
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #461 on: October 08, 2013, 11:37:21 pm »

Just watched the first season of Spice and Wolf. It's alright, I guess. I suppose it was created by someone who seems to hate the Church. I'm not a religious person, but that "church is bad" stuff didn't sit too well with me. Maybe it is supposed to reflect the time of the setting this anime takes place. I don't know; I'm not a religion history buff. Also, some of the business talk confused the hell out if me.

I did enjoy Holo's character design and the banter between her and Lawrence. I will go watch the second season, though.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #462 on: October 08, 2013, 11:48:19 pm »

It's sort of part of the setting, the churchy stuff, it takes place in a medieval-like era, and it's not necessarily "Church is bad", more like the whole thing with the burning of the witches, or something. It's been awhile since I've seen it, but the church stuff didn't really bother me.

Also, from what my friend tells me, the original Evangelion series is supposed to be much better than any of the movies and whatnot that follow, like End of Evangelion. Though apparently the ending of the series is supposed to be pretty bad, which is kind of a staple of animes made by Gainax.

Been watching more Planetes, it's awesome. :0

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #463 on: October 09, 2013, 03:44:56 am »

It's the series that codified the trope "Gainax ending."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:06:45 am by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #464 on: October 12, 2013, 11:46:01 am »

BroCon, or Brothers Conflict. I just love subjecting myself to this kind of tripe. Sure it's terrible, but it's also crap. And it has some nice music.

Just watched the first season of Spice and Wolf. It's alright, I guess. I suppose it was created by someone who seems to hate the Church. I'm not a religious person, but that "church is bad" stuff didn't sit too well with me. Maybe it is supposed to reflect the time of the setting this anime takes place. I don't know; I'm not a religion history buff. Also, some of the business talk confused the hell out if me.

I did enjoy Holo's character design and the banter between her and Lawrence. I will go watch the second season, though.

Alright? More like it's one of the best things ever! You need to change your opinion based on what you thought of it to the norm and what everybody else thinks on how awesome it is. And medieval business is a cutthroat business, the second season's first half would probably confuse you but it's well worth it.
So worth it.

And so yes on the banter! That's half the reason to watch it, the other half being economics.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: