The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 22, 2014, 09:27:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: But I didn't mean to...

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 326   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 414650 times)
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4560 on: August 29, 2012, 10:34:05 am »

Same here, last time I had a RP session we played DnD Next, started with me carrying a cow to get into the enemy camp and ended in a dwarf jumping on a horse from the ground, corpses cut in half and avoiding a slew of arrows in our escape. The DM's dice rolls were so bad at times I didn't have to cheat my own crappy rolls.
For Next, I got more 20s in combat than in any other session, and 20 = auto-crit.

Ninja'd: 863
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: August 30, 2012, 04:45:58 pm »

I was invited to join a DnD group, what advice would you give a noob to avoid game-suckifying mistakes?

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: August 30, 2012, 05:40:50 pm »

As a DM, pay attention. Seriously, like talk and stuff and be sociable, but just pay attention to the game and be ready for your turn when it comes up.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4563 on: August 30, 2012, 06:55:58 pm »

Aye, just pay attention, really. Generally if you don't know the rules etc people will be more than happy to explain things as you go along.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4564 on: August 30, 2012, 08:08:48 pm »

If you go to a town, go to the nearest place where you can get bitches and brew.
(Whenever possible) In combat, when you're making your attack roll and it comes up crap, try and cheat it if the DM didn't see it yet. It'll save yer bacon.
If there's a problem/puzzle/conundrum in-game, chances are the least complicated route is the easiest but try and mix it up, fun things will happen and your party and the DM will have to get creative.
If you find a cow or some sort of docile animal, bring it with you. Carry it if need be.

And what they said, talk about what's currently happening and discuss plans, ask questions if need be, tabletop roleplaying is half dice rolls, half social.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:11:35 pm by HK-47 » Logged

Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: August 30, 2012, 09:47:21 pm »

(Whenever possible) In combat, when you're making your attack roll and it comes up crap, try and cheat it if the DM didn't see it yet. It'll save yer bacon.

D:
But... what is the point of playing a game if you're not playing the game???

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4566 on: August 30, 2012, 11:19:44 pm »

Think of it as your character gaining a brief moment of keen brilliance or a bolt of divine intervention! Instead of missing that axe swing, he swings it so hard at the legs of your foe that it propels him into the wall! Or if a foe makes a lethal chop at your head, you manage to step back and avoid the guillotine.

How can you play the game if you're dead? You must stay alive!

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4567 on: August 31, 2012, 12:04:34 pm »

Oh, me? I'm just going to stand over here and be disappointed in HK.

At least, that's what I think.
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: August 31, 2012, 09:05:15 pm »

I agree Log. For shame HK, you never cheat at D&D.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4569 on: August 31, 2012, 11:10:25 pm »

Hey! Is it my fault that my Sorcerer was on the verge of death every two turns in battle? When the ogres would play "Beat the shit out of the Sorcerer" and beat the shit out of the Sorcerer? When the creepy crawlies would score crits on his fragile fleshy body, rending organs from their resting places? When everybody would do so much godforsaken damage to his breakable bones? I got hit more times than our front line fighter!

But it was only in that campaign that I had to... alter the multiple low numbers my die gave me.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4570 on: September 01, 2012, 08:39:54 am »

Well, it sounds like your DM is either bad at balancing fights, your fighter is a chump, or you're not doing what you should be! Log's caster tips! (Bear in mind, these are for pathfinder, which is really just D&D)

Prestidigitate. Always. Fucking always. It's a zero level spell, which means you can cast it an unlimited number of times. Opening doors, entertaining children, to back up a lie, to make the fighter look scarier and more noticable in combat, to make yourself look inconspicuous and easy to ignore in combat, etc etc. It is the most versatile spell a caster can have. Trust me on this.

At least, that's what I think.
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: September 01, 2012, 03:05:22 pm »

Also just doves from everywhere, all the time. Doves, doves doves. (I really hope somebody gets the D&D reference).

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4572 on: September 01, 2012, 05:41:26 pm »

Well, it sounds like your DM is either bad at balancing fights, your fighter is a chump, or you're not doing what you should be! Log's caster tips! (Bear in mind, these are for pathfinder, which is really just D&D)

Prestidigitate. Always. Fucking always. It's a zero level spell, which means you can cast it an unlimited number of times. Opening doors, entertaining children, to back up a lie, to make the fighter look scarier and more noticable in combat, to make yourself look inconspicuous and easy to ignore in combat, etc etc. It is the most versatile spell a caster can have. Trust me on this.

We did pathfinder for a brief campaign. Think I was a War Magus instead of a sorcerer but for everything outside of using a adjacent/diagional square fire blast that I took as a feat or special something (Sure worked wonders with loads of dice), I got bad rolls. And now it sounds like it's your fault for not providing me with Log's Tips on Kicking Ass in Pathfinder.

In the book, it was a scrawny guy with a spear, small shield and probably chucking a fireball, so probably War Magus. Total neophyte back then.

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4573 on: September 01, 2012, 08:38:54 pm »

There is a reason I always refer to wizards as "squishy wizards."

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4574 on: September 01, 2012, 10:46:19 pm »

If a Wizard/Spearman hybrid has a spear and shield and can cast exploitable magic, he should be a semi-squishable, not a squishable.

This reminds me of Stone Soup, couldn't let anything get closer than 3 squares away as a Deep Elf to prevent a YASD with the storm spells.

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 326   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: