The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 01, 2014, 12:05:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 326   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 396819 times)
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4575 on: September 02, 2012, 09:43:54 am »

I kind of hate magi. Not because they're not a cool concept, but because they're so broken that my old DM stopped running games because one of the players was adamant about playing a character that would one shot bosses.

At least, that's what I think.
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: September 02, 2012, 02:08:07 pm »

Wep, I did make a noob mistake! Nearly decimated my whole group in a single turn! Yay!
But it was more entertaining than annoying, I believe.
Lesson learned: burst actions, unless otherwise specified, do not discriminate between allies and enemies.
Also, the concept of attack of opportunity negates every strategy learned from video games ever.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4577 on: September 02, 2012, 06:29:17 pm »

I dont know what arrows is.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4578 on: September 02, 2012, 07:49:18 pm »

HK, hang your head in shame. If you roll badly and die, so be it. The game's no fun without risk. Hell, one time in a Strontium Dogs game my team almost died after a couple of bad rolls- we were trying to operate a teleporter, couldn't figure it out and failed to realise the technicians were bullshitting us when they said they'd help us. Instead of course, they were planning to teleport us into space. We were just lucky a previously absent player turned up and passed the roll to notice this. Despite knowing we were going to die, it was still great fun.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4579 on: September 02, 2012, 09:08:24 pm »

And it leads to perfect moments!

Once, I was playing an assassin pretending to be a bard, and when someone started to catch on, they asked "Who are you, really?" and I said "Just a simple bard" and absolutely boffed my bluff check. They paused for a moment and said "... You're lying." and I just said "Yep!" and walked away.

And on that note, what the fuck is up with Metal Gear Solid 4? I mean, I get urges to play it pretty often, but literally every time I reach for it now, I hesitate, and then realize that it's not fucking worth it. The game has a lot of cool ideas. But you don't get to fucking DO ANYTHING GOD DAMN. "Oh, look a mask for my camo su- and there's a cutscene. And another cutscene. Aaaaaand another cutscene." The game is pretty well voice acted, the characters are interesting, and the story is deep, but FUCKING CHRIST ALIVE. That game has about as much GAMEPLAY as a fucking POTATO. I mean, we get it, Hideo Kojima, you made it pretty clear that you wanted to stop making Metal Gear Solid at 2. So pass the fucking torch, you psychotic crayon eating motherfucker, don't force fucking FEATURE LENGTH CUTSCENES down our throats.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:50:37 pm by Log! » Logged

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4580 on: September 02, 2012, 11:42:45 pm »

I should definitely get around to Sons of Liberty. But people payed $60 for a Metal Gear Solid movie?

HK, hang your head in shame. If you roll badly and die, so be it. The game's no fun without risk. Hell, one time in a Strontium Dogs game my team almost died after a couple of bad rolls- we were trying to operate a teleporter, couldn't figure it out and failed to realise the technicians were bullshitting us when they said they'd help us. Instead of course, they were planning to teleport us into space. We were just lucky a previously absent player turned up and passed the roll to notice this. Despite knowing we were going to die, it was still great fun.
I don't know if this was before or after the Fallout RP but it was either my first or second time with a pen n' paper RP. First for DnD at least; the campaign was in progress, we were close to or in battle and I didn't want to die in the first few turns of the battle because I rolled badly.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 11:53:03 pm by HK-47 » Logged

Ninja'd: 863
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4581 on: September 03, 2012, 01:36:11 am »

@log.

Yea, I was hella stoked when I finally got a ps3 and MGS4 was one of the first games I got for out.  The disc spent a little over four hours in my my machine and an hour was that play time vs. watch time if I was lucky.  I haven't touched it since.  Which was brutally dissapointing for me because MGS3 had led me to believe Kojima remembered how to make a good game again.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4582 on: September 03, 2012, 10:52:50 am »

Dude, even MGS2 is amazing by comparison.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4583 on: September 03, 2012, 03:19:01 pm »

I got a trendy haircut.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4584 on: September 05, 2012, 02:32:54 pm »

90% Dark chocolate, don't know if that's an AP or PP but holy shit.

DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #4585 on: September 05, 2012, 03:24:00 pm »

I love it! Especially the 90% dark chili chocolate. My favourite!

We may fail alone, but that is better than dying with them, only to be forgotten. I for one, would rather suffer now, than leave this life without passion.
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: September 05, 2012, 04:21:24 pm »

It seems like for my classes so far, after first year, profs don't give a flying fuck about other peoples published stuff but care about your own personal opinion. I love it.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4587 on: September 05, 2012, 04:53:00 pm »

I love it! Especially the 90% dark chili chocolate. My favourite!

It's so insanely different from the weaker, sissified kind. You are one crazy lady to love them so, and two squares from one of those good-sized bars was enough to turn my mind into frizzled frazz. But have to try that chili one sometime, insane bitterness with heat? Total  The city fears me... I've seen it's true face...

DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #4588 on: September 06, 2012, 03:15:36 am »

It is awesome. I swear I could ditch any other type of chocolate or lolly and just have dark chili chocolate Smiley

We may fail alone, but that is better than dying with them, only to be forgotten. I for one, would rather suffer now, than leave this life without passion.
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #4589 on: September 06, 2012, 06:26:40 am »

Is it coincidence that DarkMilly likes Dark Chili?

Mike
Five of Clubs
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 326   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: