The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 01, 2014, 06:18:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I'm having a fucking BLAST.  See this?  This is my "HAVING A FUCKING BLAST" face!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Words on paper in this technological world, reading anything?  (Read 73514 times)
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #525 on: July 27, 2011, 04:05:06 pm »

I've seen the movie, very good, slow, but good. The books is great so far though, that's the full thing I linked right there.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #526 on: July 28, 2011, 06:42:52 am »

I got Innumeracy for my birthday, yay!

Synaster
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #527 on: July 28, 2011, 07:49:09 pm »

Started reading "The Strain" by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan for the second time. After that, I plan on checking out the sequel, "The Fall", from a library near one of the stores I work at.

I have to say, the creatures are an interesting mix between zombies and vampires.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #528 on: July 28, 2011, 08:43:52 pm »

^ Enjoyed the first two books and waiting on the third. Nothing like violence and an exterminator to make books more fun. Been a while since I read it though.

Started Star Wars: Tales From Jabba's Palace as I loved Death Star, where it goes into characters behind the scenes who inhabit famous places; the everyday Joe. Only into the first story (The Rancor Keeper) and I'm hooked.

Ninja'd: 863
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 28, 2011, 10:18:41 pm »

Started reading "The Strain" by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan for the second time. After that, I plan on checking out the sequel, "The Fall", from a library near one of the stores I work at.

I have to say, the creatures are an interesting mix between zombies and vampires.

I bought the Strain from my library for like a dollar, is it any good? I haven't had time to check it out yet.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Synaster
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #530 on: July 29, 2011, 01:15:34 am »

I like it. I think it should be made into a movie, as Guillermo del Toro is a film director who directed Pan's Labyrinth. That would be awesome. Oh, and I see it was on the New York's Best-Selling list too.
Rampito
ARC Support Staff

It's a twisted fascination

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 29, 2011, 06:34:11 am »

I'm still reading through The Night's Dawn trilogy. Peter F. Hamilton writes amazing science fiction, he has another series called the Void, which I intend to read after I finish The Night's Dawn.

Pancreases collected/stolen: 10
Drago Solaris
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #532 on: July 29, 2011, 06:23:53 pm »

I read this earlier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_the_Fuck_to_Sleep

Its a gift for my cousin who just had a baby.

Edit:
Reading that wiki i just found out this:
"The audiobook company Audible.com has published an audiobook version of Go the Fuck to Sleep, narrated by Samuel L. Jackson."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:26:45 pm by Drago Solaris » Logged

I AM DRAGOMARI!

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #533 on: August 04, 2011, 04:35:26 pm »

Finished Tales from Jabba's Palace and onto Tales of the Empire, edited by Peter Schweighofer with stories from the Star Wars Adventure Journal.

Good ol' Timothy Zahn, bringing Talon Karrde into the mix right off the bat. Easily one of the best authors in the Star Wars EU, and have his Choices of One (Pretty sure that's what it's called) on hand to read afterward.

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 04, 2011, 07:42:12 pm »

Been crushing through the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones) and crushed the 4th book reasonably quickly and moved onto the 5th and newest edition to the series. Pretty good so far! After that I've got Battle Royal and a bunch of other books to read, but I want to find out my school syllabus so I can start reading those early.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #535 on: August 04, 2011, 09:02:04 pm »

Go for Battle Royale! Nothing says violence like opening a lemon.

Edit: Choices of One by Timothy Zahn. Since it's by Zahn, it's a great read without even finishing it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:21:25 pm by HK-47 » Logged

Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: October 23, 2011, 02:30:54 pm »

Joker written by Brian Azzarello and illustrated by Lee Bermejo. This was great. Life of Joker from point of view of one of the henchmen.

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
Primmy
Zombie

Weewooweewoo!

RetiredEmoBar haterofmath@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #537 on: October 27, 2011, 02:01:58 pm »

Got a Kindle recently and loaded it up with books. 96% of the way through The Pact by Jodi Picoult (one of my favorite authors), then I'll be reading The Hunger Games, which was lent to me by a friend.
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #538 on: October 27, 2011, 08:26:17 pm »

Will you be reading Battle Royale before or after it?
But it was some good fun, just not as delightfully depressing as BR.

Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Fluke Laboratories: EVOLVE TODAY!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #539 on: October 27, 2011, 09:41:44 pm »

Having to crib from my notes on Twitter for this list.

Started "Brothers" by Ben Bova (still getting going).

"Antarctica" by Kim Stanley Robinson: read this. technically not SF but brilliant.

"Atlantis" by David Gibbins: DO NOT THINK "DA VINCI CODE"! This bloke IS an archaeologist, knows his stuff, and has put together a plausible theory about Plato's morality tale and how Solon The Lawmaker may have got two histories confused. Yes it's fiction but thought provoking fiction. With big guns.

"Iron Dragons" by Rose Mendes. Bizarre table top game tie in from years back. Meh.

"Portent" by James Herbert: Not his best, which, if you've read his work, is a fair warning.

"Titan" by Stephen Baxter: Hard SF of the hardest kind. And big. Really big. You may think that space is big but that's just peanuts compared to... Oops. Wrong ref.

Um... "The Satanic Bible" and "The Satanic Rituals" by Anton thingummy (founder of Church of Satan) a while back.

"Necronomicon" (the version published in the 1970s).

"The Worst Case Survival Handbook" (the friend who gave me this lot has tastes more eclectic even than me). Actually quite interesting.

"Against A Dark Background" by I. M. Banks: Brilliant but be warned- it's even bleaker than his usual stuff.

Think that goes back to as far as when said friend dumped The Library of Alexandria on me...

*ADDENDUM*
Also "A Game Of Universe" by... um... Look, it was brilliant. Think Graal Quest crossed with Space opera narrated by a wizard who eats people's souls and works for a galactic corporation of professional assassins and has a year to find the Graal or he goes to Hell, and has to do it before the other 12 or so professionals beat him to it and they save themselves and become fabulously rich instead of him. If you can find a copy you'll enjoy it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:46:13 pm by Opus Fluke » Logged

And I couldn't have done it without Fluke Labs! *thumbs up at camera*
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: