The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
August 29, 2014, 08:03:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giggle Titties: The Articles Only Edition is on sale now!  Get your copy today!

HAHAH tits

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Words on paper in this technological world, reading anything?  (Read 71072 times)
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #675 on: September 27, 2012, 04:47:29 pm »

Books on hold for the moment. Dr_Evil sent a bunch of old Fangoria magazines.
Sweet nostalgia.  I lost most if not all of mine when my mom had one of her "cleanse the devils spawns room of evil trash while he's out" episodes. 

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #676 on: September 28, 2012, 03:32:35 pm »

I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max, the guy's a douche at times but he's funny as hell.

Ninja'd: 863
Synaster
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #677 on: October 25, 2012, 11:49:32 am »

Stephen King's a good writer, but he loses me a few times in "Cujo". Also, why does he have to be such a perv with every book he writes (or just the books that I've read/tried reading)? XP
Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Fluke Laboratories: EVOLVE TODAY!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #678 on: October 25, 2012, 12:39:06 pm »

"The many-Coloured Land" by Julian May. Book One of The Saga of The Exiles. Some seriously crazy stuff is going on but, as any fan of Doctor Who can tell you, it always does when there's time travel involved. Just read anything involving Jerry Cornelius, The English Assassin if you need further proof.

And I couldn't have done it without Fluke Labs! *thumbs up at camera*
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #679 on: October 26, 2012, 07:51:38 pm »

Stephen King's a good writer, but he loses me a few times in "Cujo". Also, why does he have to be such a perv with every book he writes (or just the books that I've read/tried reading)? XP

To make you uncomfortable. Seriously. Stephen King gives zero shits about anything but putting his readers in positions that make them squirm, and that's why he's good.

At least, that's what I think.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #680 on: October 26, 2012, 08:51:45 pm »

To make you uncomfortable. Seriously. Stephen King gives zero shits about anything but putting his readers in positions that make them squirm, and that's why he's good.
I don't know, I think he has a pretty solid streak of perviness for the sake of being a pervert going on.  You cannot read IT and tell me the gang bang needed to be there or even that it even ANY type of sense in ANY context when compared to the rest of the story. 

That being said I agree that Cujo never quite grabbed me but holy shit, to this day I have not a read a book that stuck its hook in so deep I FUCKING HAD TO TURN THE PAGE TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED NEXT like Misery did.  That was the single most well written thriller I've ever read and I actually refuse to re-read it because I know that it will never have the same impact on me again unless I were to get amnesia and forget I ever read it before.

Which reminds me, if I ever get amnesia please make sure that one of the first things someone does is give me a copy of Misery to read.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Newb8D
PANTS!!!
Civillian Police

You WILL be mine, pants. MINE. FOREVER.

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 31, 2012, 08:06:52 pm »

Finished Ghost Story of The Dresden Files; love the series (but the later books make me saaad Sad). While waiting for the next book in the series, I'm reading The Wheel of Time series. I finished the first book, The Eye of the World today, and it's pretty good. Reminds me of the game Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, especially the Pattern (WoT) compared to the threads of Fate (KoA:R). I wonder if the game was sort of based on the series...

8D  (8  8P  (8<  >8P  8(  D8  8O  8S  8B  <l8D  8I)

Welcome to the 8th dimension.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #682 on: November 01, 2012, 03:59:43 am »

Battle Royale, the 2009 improved translation.  Very good, much more backstory for a lot of the characters.

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 01, 2012, 05:33:51 pm »

Read a book called: Ready Player One and it's basically a story set in the future and there is a giant world spanning online game/world and it has to do with the creator hiding an easter egg within the game for millions of dollars, and basically the whole book is one giant 80's reference. Literally, it might as well be the 80's juiced and formed into a novel.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #684 on: November 01, 2012, 06:08:36 pm »

Alive!, think it's a single volume work but it's good; psychological mixed with a bit of supernatural and humanity. Humanity sounds just about right.

Chaosic Rune, full stop. It's like a bloody, manly version of Yu-Gi-Oh where if someone dies, it'll be in a gruesome, bloody fashion. And references, that Aliens one was bloody hilarious!

Gobble gobble.

Battle Royale, the 2009 improved translation.  Very good, much more backstory for a lot of the characters.

Reread Battle Royale a few months ago and still kicks ass. Still one of my favorite books.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:02:46 am by HK-47 » Logged

Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Fluke Laboratories: EVOLVE TODAY!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #685 on: November 27, 2012, 01:58:44 pm »

Blasted through the second volume of The Saga of The Exiles, "The Golden Torc". Moving on to third volume "The Nonborn King". Seriously, the character of Aiken Drum kicks serious arse. Even to the point of riding into battle six million years in Earth's past wearing a gold suit and with his heraldic standard being the Digitus Impudicus. Bloody brilliant.

And I couldn't have done it without Fluke Labs! *thumbs up at camera*
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 27, 2012, 02:27:57 pm »

Had to read The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss for my Fantasy, Myth and Language class and it was so good I immediately went out, bought the sequel and finished it too. So good.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #687 on: December 11, 2012, 12:34:36 am »

Detroit Metal City, you know how Goodfellas used fuck a lot? There's a song in the manga devoted to saying fuck repeatedly. Fuckingham Palace.
That's the kind of manga it is: No form of decency whatsoever.

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #688 on: December 11, 2012, 06:24:55 pm »

Company of the Dead by David Kowalski.

I am really loving it.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #689 on: December 19, 2012, 01:35:38 pm »

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. This book was stupid as hell Grin At first i didn't like it, but now i think it's pretty entertaining book. Worth the read Smiley

Before this i read Juoppohullun Päiväkirja (eng. Diary of Drunken Madman) by Juha Vuorinen. Pretty much just fictional Diary entries of Drunken dude. Might be the funniest thing i have ever read.

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: