The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 23, 2014, 12:15:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mah arms are scarf!!  Dey go, "WEE WOO WEE WOO!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Words on paper in this technological world, reading anything?  (Read 65201 times)
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #735 on: February 03, 2014, 09:11:07 pm »

Currently reading Dracula and The Lords of The North

The Saxon series continues to be awesome after the awesome Lords of the North. Starting up The Pagan Lord when it arrives at the library and going to reread the series again. Bernard Cornwell, up there with Conn Iggulden, both of which I have Cheez to thank.

In the meantime, starting up The Steel Remains by Richard Morgan, keep on picking up The Cold Commands at the library and keep on putting it down because I keep on forgetting to borrow the first one, and the cover looked cool. What really sells it is this blurb on the back by the amazing Joe Abercrombie:

"Bold, brutal, and making no compromises - Morgan doesn't so much twist the clichés of fantasy as take an axe to them. Then set them on fire."

Ninja'd: 863
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 08, 2014, 02:48:52 pm »

Pulled an all-nighter and read Y: The Last Man in one go. Gotta love long car rides. It was better than I expected, really. A lot better. And having just finished Preacher, the shout-out made my night.
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #737 on: February 11, 2014, 06:29:31 pm »

Wrapped up Rookies, an awesome baseball manga and started up Bambino!, a series about a guy from the country who worked in a restaurant moving to Tokyo to work in an Italian restaurant on a recommendation. It's actually really good, gone through the first five volumes today and will probably knock down another one before the day ends.

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 16, 2014, 09:46:40 am »

Add to my list "The Anglo-Saxon Chronicles"

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #739 on: February 16, 2014, 10:49:07 am »

Almost halfway through The Pagan Lord by Bernard Cornwell, as usual it's some real good stuff.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #740 on: February 25, 2014, 09:19:28 pm »

I'm reading Hellblazer, the comic that the movie Constantine is based on. I'm on issue 17 of 300, and I'm not sure how much farther I'll go. John Constantine is a fucking shitty character. In one issue, he might comment about how important his friends are, but on two occasions he just lets these people that were huge in his life fucking die. The first issue has one of his friends inadvertently stumbling across a TERRIBLE demon, which he then proceeds to trap in a bottle. The demon is a greed demon, and his friend is a heroin addict, so he sends the bottle to Constantine for help because he knows that he can't handle it. After some shit happens, Constantine just straight up traps his friend, channels the demon into his body, and then lets him die. That's it.

In another, while a friend is using weird astral projection computer magic to search for info Constantine needs, his friend's body spontaneously combusts leaving his spirit trapped in the computer. His reaction? "SORRY DUDE" *unplugs computer*.

He's not a hero, he's not an anti-hero, he's a fucking coward.

At least, that's what I think.
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 25, 2014, 10:09:58 pm »

I had been considering tackling Hellblazer next, but something in me kept going "Nahhh."

Been reading Scott Snyder's American Vampire and enjoying it.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: