The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 24, 2014, 01:07:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Moore  (Read 4824 times)
dudesomebody
Half-Life

the beatings will continue until moral improves!!

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2009, 04:12:46 pm »

With his new documentary coming out I feel compelled to ask my fellow forum crazies a question( yes I know, very original of me). Why do people hate Michael Moore so much?? I have heard many very negative things about the man and while I don't agree with everything he says I haven't noticed anything to horrible. Please note I am not taking a side I just grow curious as to why he is so hated by so many.

Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 04:38:51 pm »

Because the United States are an extremely polarised nation, and if someone is on the left, he's going to be violently hated by the right. If someone is on the right, he's going to be ridiculed by the left. And the center gets smacked by both sides.
Michael Moore is not pretending to be neutral, he's on the left, to half of his country it makes him a criminal. There's been controversy over his choices of filmed sequences to support his point, despite it being a nearly universal technique in the media, why is it scandalous now? Because he's the guy from the other side.

Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

WARNING: I am become derp, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 05:05:15 pm »

Americans are a very preachy, opinionated people. If you don't agree with them, then you're in the wrong and there's nothing else you can say about it. Michael Moore, as Dodom said, happens to not share certain beliefs with others which apparently makes him a heretic Nazi monster. As well, he's just someone else Americans (mostly conservative right-wingers) find it funny to harass due to their massive boredom. Even if you strip away Moore's belief system, he might still get harassed for the hell of it. Then five years later it'll be someone else. It all goes hand in hand with everyone getting off over horrible stories they hear on the news. Americans are frustrated and will throw out that frustration onto whoever is nearby--whether it's the person they see on TV, their next door neighbor, or some random country.

Shhhh, quiet Sammich! You're doing it again!

dudesomebody
Half-Life

the beatings will continue until moral improves!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 05:12:17 pm »

You shouldn't generalize all of us Americans though, we don't all suck. Some of us are are fair minded folk who ask silly questions on internet forums  Wink

Lambeth
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 05:29:06 pm »

Americans are a very preachy, opinionated people. If you don't agree with them, then you're in the wrong and there's nothing else you can say about it. Michael Moore, as Dodom said, happens to not share certain beliefs with others which apparently makes him a heretic Nazi monster. As well, he's just someone else Americans (mostly conservative right-wingers) find it funny to harass due to their massive boredom. Even if you strip away Moore's belief system, he might still get harassed for the hell of it. Then five years later it'll be someone else. It all goes hand in hand with everyone getting off over horrible stories they hear on the news. Americans are frustrated and will throw out that frustration onto whoever is nearby--whether it's the person they see on TV, their next door neighbor, or some random country.

Shhhh, quiet Sammich! You're doing it again!

And Y'all are Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys

Lambeth... You win.... The glory of all that is awesome.
The your mom joke is forgiven, Lambeth. That cake is glorious
Achilles
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 05:34:24 pm »

Personally, I don't like him because of his the way he conducts his documentaries. He brings up some very good points, but he typically bullies and intimidates people into agreeing with him. He acts like a douchbag, and is surprised when people react in kind.
Lambeth
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 05:41:15 pm »

I have watched a lot of his movies and I have never noticed that.

Achilles
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 05:42:57 pm »

I have watched a lot of his movies and I have never noticed that.
I'll admit that the only movie of his I've ever actually sat entirely through was Farenhite 911. What I've seen of all of his stuff, I agree with most of his points. I just can't stand his 'method'
Lambeth
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 05:45:21 pm »

Also he made one of his movies free to download

Admittedly a bit old, but I know some people who haven't seen it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 05:48:23 pm by Lambeth » Logged

Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

WARNING: I am become derp, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 06:23:44 pm »

You shouldn't generalize all of us Americans though, we don't all suck. Some of us are are fair minded folk who ask silly questions on internet forums  Wink

XD Oh yeah, I know. Otherwise I wouldn't even have that opinion, since I'm American.

And Y'all are Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys

Hahah, I actually happen to enjoy cheese. As for surrendering...I'm a pacifist, but America in general seems to enjoy killing people.

But yeah...I admit Moore goes about doing things pretty douche-like, which is why he's not my favourite person. But I still agree with him and respect him.

Achilles
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 07:52:34 pm »

But yeah...I admit Moore goes about doing things pretty douche-like, which is why he's not my favourite person. But I still agree with him and respect him.
I have absolutely no respect for him, because he seems like the type that has no idea how the 'real world' works, and expects everyone to fit into his own limited view of reality. And he insults and demeans people that disagree with that reality
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 07:56:07 pm by Achilles » Logged
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 08:04:54 pm »

Isn't it what you just did? You defined your opinion as the "real world", that's not something I respect either!

Achilles
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 08:27:30 pm »

Isn't it what you just did? You defined your opinion as the "real world", that's not something I respect either!
ok...frankly, the fact that you don't respect me for defining my opinion the way I did, I respect. I can only define my reality based off of my own experiances. that doesn't mean my reality is the same as anyone elses, and I was wrong to imply otherwise.
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 08:49:21 pm »

If this was a misunderstanding, then I'm sorry I spoke harshly.
I try to keep a relativistic point of view, knowing that a large proportion of those who have an opinion opposite to mine are as intelligent and informed, but have different priorities, and since objectivity is not part of human nature, it's not easy. Yes, I fail at it sometimes. But I try. So when someone comes and say something that sounds patronising, as if they couldn't view their adversaries as reasonable adults too... to say it politely, it doesn't sound specially mature to me.
That said, you didn't mean to sound that way, so it's ok.

LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 08:57:06 pm »

Can you imagine being at work one day, minding your own business, just trying to make money to put food on your table, and then out of nowhere, some fat man with a burlap sack is demanding his money back from taxes or whatever it is his new movie is about, in front of several cameras, and later that night, not think that maybe he's a little way too extreme about his beliefs?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: