The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
July 22, 2014, 03:46:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welp, done all ma animal burnin', don't need this shit no more so gonna sell it on E-Bay.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Survival of the Dead  (Read 1238 times)
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« on: October 03, 2009, 03:20:38 am »

New Romero movie, linky here.

http://fantasticfest.bside.com/2009/films/survivalofthedead_fantasticfest2009

My Romero love makes me interested in this movie and probably go see it.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
The Friendly Neighborhood Mad Scientist, J.C.
TZH Certified sig/banner maker of DOOM!
ARC Support Staff

I will Gene Splice you in Self-Defense.

josh@coldfusioninacan.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 12:42:23 pm »

Eh, I've grown a bit tired of Romero and his half assed attempts to force a message into every movie now. The whole 'maybe we're the monsters' mentality is kind of stupid to me.  Hell the description even says it:

"An undead parallel to the tribal wars that are plaguing our own society today, SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD exposes the futility of such conflict and the need for tolerance of the beliefs of others."

And shows through the power of friendship we can overcome anything! I suppose I wouldn't mind this as much if it wasn;t for the fact I remember an interview with Romero talking about Night of the Living Dead, wherein he talked about how people mentioned how the movie was showcasing tensions between race and he said that he didn't do any of that on purpose, the actors were just people he knew and used to fill the roles. Even though this symbolism was an accident, he's tried to force it into every movie after with less and less effective results. Also the portrayal of anyone willing to do what it takes to survive as an asshole or the villain is idiotic. That guy doesn't want to let in that other group of survivors because they might be infected, what a prick for him wanting to stay safe and alive. I'm not saying that you can't use a zombie movie to try and pass a positive message or as a social satire, but I can't think of one that's even done it in a way that wasn't hamfisted.  

"From the very beginning, Romero has been making more than simple gore films. To be sure, he’s amazing at delivering “the blood-red goods,” but what makes his films classics are the underlying social and political threads interwoven with the rampant gut-munching. NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD played with themes of Vietnam-era paranoia, DAWN OF THE DEAD poked fun at mass-consumerism all the way up to DIARY OF THE DEAD which took aim at the journalistic and new media ethics (or lack thereof)."

That right there is bull shit, the only thing people remember about Diary is Samuel.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 12:48:03 pm by The Friendly Neighborhood Mad Scientist, J.C. » Logged

65 Badges Issued!
Alex
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

djurico_666@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 01:54:26 pm »

I hope it's better than Diary. I've never wanted a character to die more than the fucking camera man.
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 02:15:02 pm »

That movie sounds really boring.

It reminds me of the writing on the wall from the one left 4 dead level
"We are the real monsters"
"No that would be the zombies. Have you been outside lately dumb ass?"

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: