The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
August 23, 2014, 09:20:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Team Shenanigans  (Read 12542 times)
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 08:16:20 pm »

Like a bigger role for some people. OR  you could write more but keep the ending, just add chapters before it

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
MLE
Hailsis
Half-Life

Dammit Ghari

meilyxxiv@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 08:20:44 pm »

I feel better reading this now that I've gotten to know a lot of forumites in said story XD

-clings to sister-

I just wanted to be with yoooouuu.

:B Totally not Hailfax's sister -shifty eyes-
Quote from: Taco Zombie
I like Hailsis. That is what you will be called now.

Times YutNinja'd : 21 :C
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 01:01:15 pm »

Chapter 3:

“What?” Fax asked.
   “Soul got a Spitter. Lucky bitch gets all the good ones,” Marauder explained. He then stood up and took out a couple of explosives. He tied them together and lit the fuses. He bounced the explosives in his hand before he hollered: “Fire in the hole!”
     Everyone covered their ears and hid behind a line of empty cars as the explosion rippled through the empty streets. Sand, gravel, and dust flew all around for a few seconds before it vanished just as quickly as it came. The crew looked up to see nothing but a mass of rubble and blood. Marauder jumped up, fists raised in the air.
   “Plus twenty bitches!”
   No one said anything; the Demoman was right, he cleared out the small group of zombies in less than two minutes. The crew waited for a response from Enouls, but none came. Everyone came out from behind the cars and walked back to the street. They were almost close to the Potomac and the ship waited. Dahlia waved at the crew to keep the move on. Fax got up and felt a slight pain in her arm; she really needed to get this checked out. The group gets closer to the boat to see a figure that leaned on some crate boxes that were ready to be shipped onward home. The figure pushed the cowboy hat from their vision and gave a grin.

“You see my multikill, Soul?” Marauder replied happily.
   “Sure did,” Ensouls replied. “But, I still did better. I still won.”
   “What how?”
   “While you hit the Crawlers, Ensouls and I found a Basilisk and another Hunter on the way over,” Outlaw replied as the crew jumped.
   “Dude, seriously!” Sammich replied with a hint of anger in his voice. “This sneaking around? Not cool!”
   “I apologize,” Outlaw responded. “But, this round, Ensouls won by ten points. She wins the case. Next round is going to be harder, gang.”
   Marauder was going to say something, but the boat Captain walked up to the crew. “What the hell are you doing? Get these crates on the ship now! We’re getting ready to get the hell out of here!”
   In quick succession, the crew began their work of crate hauling on the boat. Fax lingered and watched, since she couldn’t help. She tried to, but the others told her to leave it be.   

“Your job’ll be to count how many we have and mark ‘em,” Dahlia joked as she handed off a crate to Alex, who took it with ease.
   “Why do I have a feeling that I’ve done this before?” Fax wondered aloud.
   “Maybe in another life, kid,” Dahlia answered as she looked up to the rest of the crew. “S’that it?”
   “Hauled the last one in, Dahlia,” Alex replied with a grin.
   “Good, let’s get the hell out of here,” Dahlia muttered.
   The crew boarded the boat and went into their respected rooms for now. No one wanted to be outside of the ship as it set sail. Outlaw appeared in the ship’s Bridge with the Captain.
   “Captain, we are all aboard,” Outlaw told the man.
   The Captain turned around and smiled, though it was barely seen through the forest of hair and beard on the man’s face.
   “Then Captain Frohmage will take us all home,” Frohmage responded. “Ye might want t’go get somethin’ teh eat while we’re riding out. S’some good fish we caught while teh crew and I was waitin’ fer ya.”
   “Thank you, Captain, that sounds delightful,” Outlaw stated and left the Bridge just as quickly.
   Captain Frohmage turned back and hummed an old tune as he turned the ship back toward the Islands; all with a smile on his face. “Show me the way to go home. I’m tired and I want to go to bed. Had a drink about an hour ago and it went right to my head…”

Fax was in her room as the boat took off. She nursed the arm and anticipated going back because that would mean this would be fixed and she could continue her job. She knows that the injury would come out of her pay. She sighed as she tried to think of something else other than the pain, but the numbness wouldn’t go away.
   “I can take another look at it for ya…if you’d like,” McNinja replied as he leaned on the door. “Now that we’re on the ship, I have better supplies to take care of it until the ARC doctors clean it up fer ya.”
   “I guess so,” Fax answered as she waited for him to take a look at it.
   McNinja walked into the room and examined the wound once again. The bone was set and there was no infection, that part was the good news. However, the bone cannot heal since she was out in the field. McNinja rebandaged the wound and set the arm in an appropriate sling. He nodded at his work and walked out of the room.
   “Thanks,” Fax told him.

McNinja only waved in welcome and said: “Food’s on in the Mess hall. I think we’re having some ‘tatties and fish tonight.”
   Fax smiled. “Maybe later.”
   McNinja shrugged his shoulders and made his way to the Mess Hall. Fax sighed and slowly lay on the makeshift bed. The ship rocked in the choppy water. It reminded her of when she was young and her mother would rock her to sleep. Fax smiled as she closed her eyes as she could remember the song her mother used to sing. Instantly, the Scout was asleep.

Alex sat on one of the crates at the front of the ship. Night had fallen and the moon was full. Alex knew that the entire crew was in the Mess Hall, where they would eat, play cards, or anything in between. Tonight, Alex didn’t want to do that. Alex dug into the breast pocket and took out a photograph. The photo looked like it had seen better days; the picture had faded since it has been concealed in the pocket. Alex breathed in as he fingered the picture with his thumb in hopes of the feel of skin would come from the picture.
   “Who is she?” the Sniper questioned as she walked to him.
   “Someone….from long ago,” Alex replied as he stared at the picture while Ensouls snagged a crate next to him. “Is this our life now, Ensouls? Fearing the one place we used to live? Killing someone’s loved one?”
   Ensouls sighed and looked up into the night sky. The ocean waves pound on the hull in mock anger. “Unfortunately yes, Alex, this is our life now. Killing everything that moves, hoping that tomorrow comes. It’s what we have to do now. Its how we make peace with everything.”
   “Even with the killing?” he asked.
   “Even with the killing,” she repeated. The two stayed at the front of the full in silence until the ship made its way back to the Island. Above in the Crow’s Nest; the bell rung in the bleak morning.
        "Land ahead!" a voice boomed.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
ensouls
Member of the Campaign for Dead Rights
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Frau

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 09:25:29 pm »

Yowza c:
I am happy to see RTS has returned.

Dr. McNinja
Inspiring bad German accents since 07
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Yiffing in hell

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 07:12:29 am »

McNinja only waved in welcome and said: “Food’s on in the Mess hall. I think we’re having some ‘tatties and fish tonight.”
Arrrrrgh, the stereotyping, it burns! =P
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 07:47:05 am »

Arrrrrgh, the stereotyping, it burns! =P

Hey man, you brought that on yourself! :B

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 05:15:12 pm »

Chapter 4:

Fax quickly opened her eyes. Her body felt numb as she sat up in the bed. Her neck hurt, but it wasn’t as bad as her arm. She walked out and noticed that the rest of the team began their ascension to the top deck. Once there, the Red Halos waited; their guns held up to their chests. The team began to unload the crates for Quarantine. As soon as the crew finished, they were immediately treated for their wounds. Only Hailfax suffered the greatest amount of injury with her dislocated arm. The crew placed on their infected badges and armbands before they separated ways until the next mission.

Everyone knew where they would be. Alex and Marauder would be at Rusty’s bar. Ensouls would be at the shooting range. Dahlia and Dodom would check the supplies for the next mission. Sammich would be perfecting his flamethrower. McNinja would be at the hospital that treated the Infected because no one wanted an infected doctor to look at them. As soon as Hailfax finished with her new cast, she would file paperwork and check maps for new routes into the city. Outlaw…well…no one knew where Outlaw would go. He would vanish and would not be seen until he was needed for another mission.
  Hailfax flexed her right fingers. She could feel the softness of the brace that held her arm together. It was more effective than the sling; she would be able to go out on the next mission. The next mission was in less than a week; hard to believe since the ship needed to be refueled. Hailfax sat in her small office; it wasn’t really an office, it was more like a supply closet.
  “I didn’t know a Scout could get hurt,” a voice asked. Fax looked up to see Greg from the Blue team. Like Fax and Dahlia, he was the Captain of his team. “Usually, they are invincible. You kill one of your teammates?”

“Fuck off, Greg,” was all Fax told him. She tried to finish the map for the new section that her crew was just in. It was hard to retrace everything from memory; however, Fax could do the job. She was the team’s eyes before they ventured forward and she also helped the Red Halos with maps of the city.
  Greg gave a small smirk. “Now, is that how you treat your teammates, Fax?”
  “You ain’t on my team, Greg,” Fax retorted as she didn’t look up from her work. “And you never will be.”
  Greg scoffed and tossed a mission packet on my desk. “Start of the next mission, I will be.”

Greg walked out without another word. Fax skimmed the mission packet and sighed. True, Greg was on the list, but it was the entire Blue Team; it was rather odd. Her team, the Red Team, scanned section 3. However, it was known that the Blue Team would be in section 9.
  Fax scanned the Blue Team names before she gave a smile at the codenames; she worked with the majority before. Especially the Scout, TZ, who was known to not choose a side and decided to wear a purple shirt instead of blue. She knows that Alex had worked with Greg and Cricco before, and she knew that Alex barely got along with Greg. This social experiment would have dire consequences. Dahlia and Log were in the same squadron before they were paired off with different teams; best in class, or so they told their teams. Dodom and Fatman were known to build the world’s powerful sentry gun; with rockets. Fax groaned when she saw Ralion’s name. Sammich and Ralion would fight over who would be able to produce the largest flames out of the small, Red Halo friendly flamethrower. That’ll be a good start for the mission; come home with 3rd degree burns. The Sniper was named Dara. Once upon a time, Ensouls told Fax that she knew him. She said that he was a damn good shot, but he wasn't as fast as her. Fax could only agree with the Sniper; Ensouls was in the process of loading her weapon while she spoke of this. Finally, there was Nerd and Samek. Fax scanned their files to see if her team worked with them. Nerd was a newcomer into the field; medic. They needed more of those. Samek was just as bad at Outlaw; a file of nothing.

“Fucking spies,” Hailfax muttered.
  Fax finished with her paperwork before she decided to call it a day. She rubbed the back of her neck to get to crick out of it. She stood up and grabbed Blue Team files before she left her office. She walked through the empty halls as the lights hummed overhead. As she passed the non-infected areas, she could feel the stares from the non-infected. As she walked, she felt like there was a target on her back. She hated to wear her infected armband and badge. She walked through the non-infected wing quickly to get out of the stares. Once outside, she was able to breathe once again. She then trudged to the other side of the Island back home to the Infected Barracks. Once there, she found the Red Team wing and the individual rooms. She knew for a fact that her team weren’t there. Fax opened her door and quickly closed it. She tossed the files onto her desk as she collapsed onto her bed. She turned to stare at the ceiling before she finally fell asleep.

The few days came and went; to the Red Team, it had felt like it was only a couple of hours. Fax was the last to the Dockyard as she ripped off her infected badge and armband before she placed them in her bag. The rest of the Red Team conversed with each other before Alex noticed the Scout on her way.
   “Hailfax!” Alex exclaimed with a happy smile on his face. “How’s the arm?”
   “Its fine, thank you,” Fax answered as she walked through the crowd. She walked up to Dahlia before she asked: “Has the Blues shown up yet?”
   “Not yet,” Dahlia responded. “Though, that strange fella in the purple shirt’s on the boat already. We’ve been debating whether or not he’s killed the Captain yet.”
   Hailfax rolled her eyes. “Well, make another bet with the team. Blues have a new medic.”
   Dahlia laughed and turned to the group. “New pool guys! New member’s comin’ into the Wastes with us! How long shall the poor bastard live?”
   “Three hours,” Sammich answered as he handed Dahlia a twenty.
   “You must have some faith in ‘em, Sam,” Dodom replied. “I say an hour.”
   “Entire mission,” Outlaw stated. “You have no faith either, Dodom.”
   “Already you have lost faith in my team,” a voice replied. The Team turned to see the Blue Team. Greg stared at the Red Team; especially at Dahlia and Fax. “Already you have shown a disappointment in not only the ARC facilities, but your own teammates as well. Betting to see when my medic’s gonna kick it?”
   “I’m right here!” The medic, Nerdpower replied. “Please don’t talk about me.”

“He’s one of the best medic’s that the ARC provided for us!” Greg rambled on. “What makes you think that your medic is better than the best?”
   “I’m actually not the best,” Nerdpower reminded him. “I just got out of the training programs.”
   The Red Team was about to retaliate, but the horn of the ship went off. The two teams looked up to see the Captain who tried to wave them on. The two teams stared at each other before they headed onto the ship. Once there, the team captains lead their teams into the large Mess Hall for briefing. Captain Frohmage waited in the Mess Hall with TZ.
   “Hello Captain,” Fax smiled to Frohmage.
   “Beautiful day, ain’t it lass?” Captain smiled back through his wild hair. “Beautiful day t’go out and get some fishees. No storm like last time we was out t’sea.”
   “Wonderful,” Fax replied. “Everyone is on board; we are able to set sail.”
   “Aye, lass,” Captain muttered as he walked back to the Bridge. Once there, he undocked the boat and the ship set sail. Captain Frohmage lit a corncob pipe and breathed in the heavenly smoke. “Farewell and adieu unto you Spanish ladies, Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again. Farewell and adieu unto you Spanish ladies…”
   Meanwhile, down in the Mess Hall, Fax waited for the teams to sit down so she could get started. Once everyone settled down, Fax began.

DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 09:25:01 pm »

*Wants the next chapter to be up already* Tongue.

We may fail alone, but that is better than dying with them, only to be forgotten. I for one, would rather suffer now, than leave this life without passion.
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 10:36:23 am »

Chapter 5:

“All right guys listen up,” she explained. “Dahlia and I are your Team Captains. Greg, over there, is the Captain of the Blue Team. I’m sure that all of you have met before, if not, you should introduce yourselves after this briefing.” Fax pointed to the map behind her. “We will be dropped off in Section four. Now, Red Team’s usually in Section three and Blue’s in Section 9; this is new territory that we’re going under. It is assumed to believe that where we’re going is a yellow zone, so that’s why you were asked to bring your heaviest weapons. We have no idea how many zombies or types are in the area; we have to be cautious of what types there are out there.”
   “Fax, what are we lookin’ for?” Marauder questioned.
   “Lookin’ fer ya mom, mate,” Log answered quickly.
   “Say that to mah face you fucking Trog!” Marauder replied as he jumped out of his seat. Outlaw, who sat next to him jumped out of his seat as well to restrain the Demoman. Fax looked over at Log, who gave a grin and said nothing.

“Enough!” Fax hollered. She leaned on the table to keep her cool. The room quieted down. Fax sat up and breathed in as she tossed a small packet onto the table; the same one Greg gave her. “We’re charting territory. That is our mission for the next few days. Get a map going so we would be able to come back and see what kind of items we can bring home.”
   “That’s it?” Fatman demanded now his turn to stand up to protest. “Y’need two teams for that?”
   “Yes, that would be it, Engineer,” Fax countered. “Once we mark the territory, we have to go straight back to get supplies with the Halos. Once we are with the Halos, we have to help them bring back supplies. This is the order that I received. We have to clear the territory and remap everything. That means we have to stay in the area for a few days to see if the zombies come any closer.” Hailfax showed a new map of the charted area. She points to the area called: Section Seven. “If y’all remember DC before it went to hell, this is little edge of area is where the Washington Monument is. We will be heading toward the Reflection Pool and the Lincoln Memorial. Once there, Alex and Greg will clear a slight path for us using the Mini’s. Once we get to the Lincoln Memorial, Dodom and Fatman will set up sentries here. And here. Ensouls and Dara are head up to the roof and snipe around from the north and south corners.” Fax looked at the group before she continued.
   “Next, Cricco and Marauder will set up sticky bombs around the Washington Monument. Outlaw and Samek, y’all are gonna have to go through the White House and look through GW University; see if there’s anything of use out there. While Samek and Outlaw are doing that, the rest of us will go separate ways. Red Team will go toward the Tidal Basin. Blue Team will head toward Foggy Bottom. TZ and I will head along Arlington Memorial Bridge…and the cemetery. The two of us are to scout ahead to see how bad it is. Then once that is done, we’ll contact you guys for you to cross. Once across, we’ll be heading toward the Pentagon.”

“Pentagon?” Alex asked. “Isn’t that….Red Zone?”
   Fax breathed in and slowly breathed out. “Yes…once we clear the Yellow Zone, we will be heading into a Red Zone.”
   The room went silent. They knew that what Hailfax just said was suicide. The walk to the Red Zone alone would be horrendous. Not to mention from where they were to be dropped off, it would take them at least an hour before they would see the Washington Monument. Let alone the Arlington Bridge. Fax sighed and looked at the group in front of her. “The Red Zone is very dangerous. We have been assigned to it. If anyone wants to object or doesn’t want to go, you stay on the ship until we leave. Any objections?”
   She was greeted by silence. Fax felt somewhat relived. She half expected the Blue team’s medic to object. It’ll be a hellava ride with that one when he pisses himself. Fax stood up straight and gave a small smile.
   “Terrific!” Fax smiled as she clasped her hands together. “Well, that’s pretty much all I had for our briefing…so y’all are able to go about as you please. I’ll be around if you would like to talk about the mission. Dahlia and Greg will be as well. Don’t hesitate to talk to one of us.”
   “Fax, you sound like a bad camp counselor,” Ralion sighed as the teams stood up.

“Hey, at least I care for your safety,” Fax pointed out.
   Fax waited for the teammates to leave. Dahlia gave Fax a look if she needed help. Fax waved her off and began to pick up her materials on the desk. Fax looked up to see Greg be the last one to leave. Fax gave a shudder.
   “Creep,” Fax muttered as she turned around to take down the maps. Once she took everything down, she made her way back to her room. She quickly opened and closed the door to her room. She sat at the desk to stare at the new map of DC; it was hard. She grew up in this area and to hear that whatever maps she had in her head were lost. She shook her head and left the room to explore the ship more. She walked past the Mess Hall to hear someone strumming a guitar. Fax peeked inside to see the Medic, Nerdpower with his back behind her as he strummed the guitar. She was about to leave when the medic began to sing.

I've been driving through these nights
This road reminding me of all I am
As time drags on, these windows fade
Reality starts slipping from my mind
All I know is this all fades, the second that I'm by your side
Can this be real, can this be fate

Just say you'll be there for me
Please say that you'll be there
Just say that you'll be my side
When the storm subsides – In this Moment (When the Storm Subsides)

Fax sighed and raised an eyebrow. She walked over to Nerd and sat next to him. Nerd stopped immediately and stared at her.
“Sorry!” He stated. “I was…it’s just….guitar keeps me calm.”
“It’s okay,” Fax nodded. “I don’t mind it. It seems…”
“Normal?” Nerd asked.
“I was going to say nice, but normal’s good too.”
Nerd gave a smile. “So what should I expect out there?”
“Humidity, zombies, sun, no shade,” Hailfax answered quickly. “The usesh.”
Nerd gave a slight nod. “How bad are the zombies?”
“You mostly get Crawlers. Vaguely we see Spitters and Stalkers. Banshee or two; but that’s rare. So are Mercies and ‘Zerkers. Cobras are seen, but they are taken care of with the Snipers. Cobras are dangerous; you need to watch out for those.”
“Cobras are….Basilisks right?”
“The actual term, yes. I like calling them Cobras,” Fax answered as she stood up. "I'll let you get back to whatever. I'm gonna see how much longer it's gonna take."
Fax walked around and started to head up to the Bridge when she heard someone run behind her. Fax turned around and saw no one. She shrugged her shoulders and continued her to way to Bridge. She heard footsteps again and felt someone hug her from behind.

Dr. McNinja
Inspiring bad German accents since 07
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Yiffing in hell

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2009, 12:00:21 pm »

TEEZEE
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 01:27:40 pm »

Chapter 6:

“Hello, TZ,” Fax replied, unimpressed but still had a smile.
“Hii,” TZ replied as he kept his grip. “You looked like you needed a hug.”
“Yes, I appreciate this,” Fax nodded. “You can let go of me now.”
TZ put her down and Fax turned to face the neutral scout. Fax nodded. TZ gave a smile and waved.
“You ready for the mission?” she asked him. “We’re gonna be running a lot.”
TZ gave a small laugh. “Fax, we’re Scouts. It’s kinda apart of the job.”
Fax rolled her eyes. “Good. Once we land, we’re heading straight for the cemetery; you think you can handle that?”
“Born ready,” TZ answered. “Well, I gotta go. Bye!”
In a flash, TZ vanished. Fax looked around and noticed that the other Scout mysteriously disappeared. Fax held her head before she sighed again.
“Well, I now know that this is gonna be a fun trip,” Fax muttered to herself. Fax walked toward the Bridge to see the Captain and the spy, Samek. “Captain? How is the trip?”

“Aye, it be goin’ well, Lass,” Captain Frohmage smiled with his corncob pipe that dangled from his mouth. “I can smell the fishes in teh waters. It will be good fishesing tomorrow. They’s not gonna go anywheres.”
“Excellent,” Fax smiled. “Samek, what are you doing up in the Bridge?”
The spy stood up from his seat to face the small Scout. “I came to talk with our Captain, here. The stories he tells. He reminds me of the Mariner in Coleridge’s story…”
“Rhine of the Ancient Mariner,” Fax interrupted. “I remember that story. Albatross is a ship’s good luck, till the idiot kills it.”
Samek nodded. “Yes, that is the one. The Captain has many stories to tell. You should listen to him.”
With that, Samek stood up and walked out. Fax turned and looked at the loony Captain. She gained the courage and sat next to the Captain to hear any of his stories.
“What can I help, yeh with Lass?” Captain asked as he turned the wheel.
Fax shrugged. “I don’t know. What kind of stories would you like to talk about?”
Captain Frohmage gave a slight chuckle. “I has many stories, Lass. By teh time I get trough all of t’em, you’ll be an old lady!”
Fax shook her head. “Alright then. How about this, what time do we get to the Mainland?”

“S’bout aodder couple o’hours, Lass. No fret on time,” Captain explained. “While you’re here, I’ll tells y’tale about some time long ago. Me ship an’ me crew were on our way to teh docks when we heard that sometin’s gone a miss on land. They’s kept telling us to stay afloat. Stay driftin’. As teh Captain of the ship, I agreed t’this. We stay out dere fer almost six months afore they’s come get us. They’s thought we has dead. Me crew was almost fifty men; we left with under twenty.”
“Wait…what happened to the thirty?” Fax questioned.
“Fightin’ t’stay alive. Our rations were out. We’s had no fishesing supplies. First we would hear teh screaming. Then silence. Bothered us at first it did, but me men were so hungry. Killed each other to save themselves. Coming back on shore meant that I was responsible for me crew. Told me that I had to work on ships until the day I die and I’s tolds them that I’d die in teh ocean afore I’s get killed by something not human.”
“You…ate your crew?” Fax asked in horror.
“No, lass!” Captain Frohmage laughed in her face. “We’s driftin’ ‘round for nuttin’ more an hour before gettin’ back on shore. Best lamb chops I’s ever had! Mmmm-hmm!”
Fax was going to give a respond, but she kept her mouth shut instead. She turned toward the window to see nothing but ocean. It was almost serene until she thought about the mainland and the inhabitants there. She stood up and smiled to the Captain.
   “Thank you for your time, Captain,” Fax told him.
   “Aye lass,” Captain muttered.

Fax stared at the weary Captain before she left to go back to the Mess Hall. She looked inside to see both teams on separate benches. They also talked about kills they got. Fax shook her head and went back to her room. She placed all the maps, charts, and mission packet into her bag. Right as she did this, a bell rang. Fax looked up in confusion before she ran toward the Bridge. They weren’t due into the docks for at least another three hours. This can’t be good, Fax thought. She walked back onto the Bridge to see the Captain at the helm. “Captain?”
   “Be closer t’teh shore than expected,” Captain answered. “We docking now on the sides.”
   Fax looked out the window to see no dockyard instead; she heard the anchor dive into the water.
   “What the hell’s going on?” Greg demanded with Dahlia close behind. “We have at least another hour before we reach DC.”
   Captain shook his head. “I’s been told to dock here. I has and I ain’t leaving until yer mission is done over.”
   The Captain saluted and left the Bridge. Fax quickly took out the map and began to look at where they were. Fax began to calculate the total hours before she sighed. She then looked up at Greg and Dahlia. Fax could feel herself become tried already. She knew what was going to happen. “We’re in Quantico right now.”
   “Quantico? That’s…” Greg started.
   “Little more a half day’s walk,” Fax replied. “In Red Zone territory.”

MLE
Hailsis
Half-Life

Dammit Ghari

meilyxxiv@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 01:48:16 pm »

LOL Quantico. Lawl.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:51:06 pm by MLE » Logged

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2009, 08:15:36 pm »

Chapter 7:

Greg gave an angered sigh before he let his fist pound onto the table. He turned his back and swore before he stared at the two Captains. “All right, what the hell are we supposed to do then?”
Fax looked at the map. “I lived here.” She pointed to a spot on the map. “At Triangle. It’s about five minutes away from Quantico and the Marines base. We could possibly head into the Marines base first, find some supplies. Then make our way onto 95 North, but we would have no cover. Route 1 on the other hand, would have cover. But, it would possibly take longer. If we can find a truck or something, we could get into DC a little bit quicker. Though, the state of how many cars are possibly clogging the highways would probably be pretty high. If we are able to get a vehicle, we could cut the time by half. Though, I don’t think any of the barriers have been taken down.”
“Barriers?” Dahlia asked.

“When the Outbreak happened, they closed off DC to keep the virus coming in and to save the President and the Cabinet,” Fax explained. “Unfortunately, I heard that the President turned into a Ghost. S’terrible day when we learned that he ate his wife.”
“So what do you suggest we do?” Greg finally asked. “This is uncharted Red Zone territory. I can’t go out there and get my men killed. ‘Specially with that new medic. Boy be pissing himself before he realized that he got bit.”
“I say that we go into the Marines base,” Fax replied. “We could probably get a protected military vehicle there. Then, when we’re on 395, dump the vehicle, do what we have to do in DC, run back, get into the vehicle, and head back to the boat.”
“Shouldn’t we just head toward DC?” Dahlia inquired. “I mean, why waste time in going to the abandoned military base if we could just head straight to Washington?”
“If we continue on 395?” Hailfax stated. “We pass right over Arlington National Cemetery. I’d say that’s where the majority of the groupies will lie. Cobras will hide in the crowd and so will Banshees. We don’t have the kind of protection against them. It’ll be lambs to the slaughter.” Fax felt a small gust of wind go by her. She turned and said. “I know you’re here, Outlaw.”

The spy uncloaked himself and lit up a cigarette. “Impressive.”
“How are the teams doing?” she asked him.
“They are on edge because the boat has stopped, but otherwise gambling whatever money they have,” Outlaw stated.
Fax nodded. “We’re almost done here. Let them know that we’ll be stepping off soon and all weapons need to be checked and ready to go. Greg and Dahlia will do the double check.”
“As you wish,” Outlaw said and left.
“All right,” Greg replied as he stared into Fax’s eyes. “We’ll go to the damn Marine Base. Get whatever supplies that are left. I want you and TZ to find a vehicle that we can take. Once you find one we’ll take it from there.”
Fax looked over at Dahlia, who just shrugged. Fax looked at Greg before she said: “Works for me. Let’s go get the troops.”
The trio walked down to the Mess Hall to see a clash of blue and red in front of them; with the exception of the flash of purple in between. They hollered and yelled as Fax looked over at Dahlia and Greg. Fax placed two fingers in her mouth and whistled. The chatter stopped and the two groups stared at each them.

“Change of plans guys,” Fax told them. “We’ve landed a bit early and we have to go somewhere else. Come on, get your gear and we’ll be on our way.”
The two groups stood up and ran to get their supplies. Once the groups left, Greg punched Fax in the arm.
“Fuck, what?!” Fax demanded.
“You didn’t tell them!” Greg replied.
“Of course I didn’t tell them,” Fax replied as the three walked toward the weapons room. “Why would I tell them about Red Zone territory when they were in the Mess Hall?”
“So, you’re going to tell them now that they’re armed?” Dahlia asked.
Fax opened her mouth; then closed it. “Shut the fuck up.”
Dahlia smirked and looked at Greg, who looked like he was eating a sandvich.
“Is that good?”

“It is delicious,” Greg replied as he continued to eat. He plucked off the toothpick with the olive and ate it. He gave a smirk to Dahlia, who only rolled her eyes and picked up her rocket launcher. Once everyone was ready, the groups headed to the front of the ship to be placed in small boats to get them to land. Fax was the last one on the boats and the two boats made their way to the shore. Once there, Fax turned and looked at the groups.
“Kay guys,” Fax said with a smile as she tried to sugar coat the situation. “We are not in DC, so we have to make an adjustment.”
“What kind of adjustment?” Dodom asked irritated.
“Welp, obviously it’s not DC,” Fax started. “And we’re in Quantico. And we’re going to the Marines Base. Yep…oh, and we’re in a Red Zone.”
The groups got quiet until someone said, “WHAT.”
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 08:18:38 pm by Hailfax » Logged

DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 08:35:35 pm »

*Can't wait to read what happens in the red zone first!*

We may fail alone, but that is better than dying with them, only to be forgotten. I for one, would rather suffer now, than leave this life without passion.
MLE
Hailsis
Half-Life

Dammit Ghari

meilyxxiv@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 08:38:58 pm »

They all have a nice tea party CB

Haha

"WHAT"

You know...it still makes me horribly depressed that you're describing stuff JUST DOWN THE ROAD. ;A;

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: