The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
August 21, 2014, 04:07:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: It's a BRICK-FLAIL!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Team Shenanigans  (Read 12525 times)
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2009, 09:29:15 pm »

Chapter 8:

A gun shot ran through the crowd and hit Fax’s hat clear off her head. Fax quickly grabbed her head and ducked before she slowly stood back up. In the crowd, she saw smoke rise out of the sniper’s rifle as Ensouls whistled. Fax placed her hat back on her head and stuck her middle finger up.
“Fuck you Soul,” Fax stated. “Okay, we’re running to the base. We’re getting a vehicle. TZ and I are heading out.”
“Fuck, Fax, what the hell?” Cricco demanded. “Why the hell are we all the way out here?”
“Yeah, Jesus, why did the Captain drop us off here?” Marauder demanded.
The commotion started up, and all Fax heard was swears.
“I don’t know!” Fax hollered. “We have our orders and we’re doing them. Since y’all are off the boat we’re heading into the base. We’re a half day’s walk from our directive and if we get onto the base, I can cut the walk by half. Now, shut the fuck up and TZ and I’ll be back. Greg and Dahlia are in charge with the teams. Y’all look around for supplies and ammo. Come back here in two hours. Got it?”
A murmur of ‘yeahs’ were heard in the crowd. Fax nodded and looked over at TZ. TZ gave a wave and nodded.

“Ready to go,” TZ said.
“Okay,” Fax said. “Greg, you and the Blue Team go through Hogan’s Alley. Dahlia and the Red Team will go through Quantico town. TZ will try to find a military vehicle.”
The two scouts took off. Fax heard a grenade launcher go off. She heard the clink of the grenade and she jumped up high just as the grenade went off. She fell to her knees and looked back to the group.
“Whoop, my bad!” she heard Marauder shouted.
“You okay?” TZ skidded toward Fax.
“Peachy,” Fax muttered as she was slow to get up. She looked to see that her pants were ripped at the knees and bleeding. “Fucking Demoman.”
   “They don’t like you right now, don’t they?” TZ asked.
   Fax huffed and gave TZ a small smile. “Yeah, not today. Come on, we’re not too far from the base.”
   TZ followed Fax toward the military base. Their chucks echoed in the streets as they zig-zagged around, careful to not attract any attention. They passed by a bunch of Crawlers, but the zombies paid no attention to them. Fax motioned to TZ and the two made their way deeper into the deserted base. In the distance, they heard an explosion go off. Fax jumped up and sighed. Either it was Dahlia or Marauder or it was Cricco and Log. It wasn’t easy to tell who it was. She heard another explosion and hoped that the groups were okay. Fax jumped over a fence and found her way to the vehicle storage.
   “Hey, TZ,” Fax said as they ran into the storage unit. “You know how to hotwire a car?”

TZ stopped and huffed. “I thought you knew how to hotwire.”
   “Wait…who told you that I could hotwire?”
   “Greg?”
   “Fucking hell,” Fax muttered. “So you’re telling me that we’re looking for a vehicle…and neither of us know how to hotwire?”
   “Well….I thought that we were gonna find keys…”
   “UGH!”
   Meanwhile, towards Hogan’s Alley, the Blue Team trudged on.
   “What the hell are we here, Greg?” Ralion demanded. “This is a mission for one team only.”
   “There’s a reason for everything, Ralion,” Greg answered as he walked. “And we’re here for a reason.”

Not too far away, the Red Team made their way through Quantico Town. Dahlia made Sammich and Dodom check the Marine Shop not too far away while Ensouls took shelter on top of the Post Office.
   “It’s okay around me,” Ensouls stated through the headset. “Y’all are good, too. There are only a few Crawlers around. I haven’t seen any other kinds out there.”
   “Well, that’s good. Keep us posted, Soul,” Dahlia replied. “Hey, Fax, you find anything?”
   Fax removed her hand from the vehicle storage door. “Say again?”
   “Did you find anything?” Dahlia asked again.
   “Just about to,” Fax answered as she opened the door. The door roared to life as the door swung opened. The first thing that both TZ and Fax noticed was the smell.

“God, that’s rank!” TZ muttered as he covered his nose.
   “Yeah, but we found the vehicles,” Fax smiled. She pushed a button on her headset. “Dahlia, Greg; we found the vehicles.”
   “Can you get one started?” Greg asked.
   “I’m about to find out,” Fax answered as she turned off the headset. She looked over at TZ, who was close to the vehicles. “Z, can you see a place where they store the keys?”
   TZ’s chucks echoed in the large facility. He looked around to find a safe box or anything on the walls.
   “Found one!”    TZ called out. Once he opened the safe box, he found one set of keys and what looked like an infinite amount of cars. “I don’t know what it goes to!”
   “Just start seeing it if it fits into anything,” Fax answered.
   “That’s what she said!”
   “Dammit!” Fax exclaimed.

TZ chuckled as he ran toward one of the larger vehicles. The doors were unlocked and he sat in the driver’s seat. His hand glided on the steering wheel as he placed the key into the ignition and tried to start it. The key wouldn’t budge. TZ sighed and took the key out. He looked in the rearview mirror and saw nothing. He looked again to see bright, yellow eyes.
   “Fucking hell!” TZ hollered as he jumped out of the car. He slammed the door and ran toward Hailfax. “Fax, zombie!”
   “What?” Fax asked. “Where?”
   “In that car!” TZ pointed.
   Fax jogged over to the intended car and looked inside. The zombie inside pounded on the glass and began to breathe in. Fax jumped back and started to run. She passed TZ and grabbed his arm to make him run. “Banshee! Move it!”
   “What? How do you-?” TZ questioned, but then he heard it.
   The banshee’s muffled cries broke the glass around it. The cries echoed in the large garage. Fax and TZ slammed the garage door. Fax huffed and looked at the other Scout. “You okay?”

TZ held his knees before he threw up. Fax groaned and threw up as well.
   “Fucking hell,” Fax replied. “Should….we go…back in there?”
   “Fuck no,” TZ answered. “I ain’t gonna go back in there with that Howler.”
   “Agreed,” Fax said. “Let’s see if we can find another garage. Where are the keys you found?”
   TZ patted his pockets before he turned them out. TZ gave a small smile and said: “Inside.”
   “Fuck!” Fax hollered.
   TZ hung his head. “Sorry.”
   Fax waved it off. “Nah, don’t worry about it. We’ll just have to go through to see if another car is available.”
   “Okay,” TZ said as he picked up his bat. “What do you think we should do?”
   Fax looked around. “I guess there’s another garage somewhere. You think you can run?”
   TZ spat and nodded. “honorific-abilitudinitatibus”
   “What?”
   “I don't even know what that means, but it makes sense in my head,” TZ answered. “And I need water.”
   Fax dug into her bag and tossed him a bottle. “I don’t have a lot. We’ll have to raid a grocery store or something. Come on before that Banshee screams again. Lord knows that it called out to its friends.”
   TZ drank half of the bottle before he placed it in his own bag. He looked over at Fax and said: “Where now? Is there another part of the base that we can look?”

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2009, 01:02:25 am »

Shocked That was bad luck.

We may fail alone, but that is better than dying with them, only to be forgotten. I for one, would rather suffer now, than leave this life without passion.
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2009, 10:26:59 am »

Bad news everyone! That was the last chapter that I had on the computer. Now, the whole story is going to change because I would do last minute edits in the reply box. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, what a rookie mistake for me to do. So, I'll try to have a chapter up by Saturday in the am (and by am, probably 2-3 am) when I'm still wake frantically writing an essay that's due on Monday.

DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2009, 06:55:01 pm »

Well, it's a first time reading for me, so no complaints here! Smiley

We may fail alone, but that is better than dying with them, only to be forgotten. I for one, would rather suffer now, than leave this life without passion.
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 04:10:57 pm »

Sorry again. Due to the wonderful storm I just had, I'm catching up with classes that I neglect to participate in. I go on holiday next week and I'll post something then.

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2009, 04:08:35 pm »

INTERLUDE:

HAILFAX DIES FROM FINALS.