The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 23, 2014, 05:45:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paranormal Activity.  (Read 4040 times)
Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

WARNING: I am become derp, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 04:40:30 am »

So I finally saw it. Aaand it wasn't as scary as I thought...A lot of things were really predictable (to me at least). Also, in order for me to be truly scared, I need to feel deeply disturbed, confused, and maybe a little sick. However, I did get scared pretty bad here and there. But the movie as a whole wasn't that scary to me.

A bit of a spoiler warning:

It would have been better if when the girlfriend went all possessed, her body contorted and her limbs went at odd, inhuman angles and such. And it would have been better if we heard more groaning noises, especially close to the camera at one point. And maybe seeing a black form at the end of the hallway, while the camera is in the room, would have been cool--it could just stand there, maybe swaying a bit, and then twitch away and disappear. Or maybe the shadow could crawl into the room quickly and disappear. Or when the boyfriend is in the attic, it would have been better if we saw a glimpse of something horrible in the distance, and since it's in the distance it would freak us out more since we'd only get a subtle glimpse of it and then be left wondering. I dunno...random stuff like that.

Uselessinfoman
Je ne parle pas anything.
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

][>:=~+

lsdkjfie+fort
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 02:17:39 pm »

I loved the demon footprints part. That was just awesome and if that happened in real life I would be scared shitless. The entire movie I wanted to bitch slap the boyfriend. My god what an idiot. He did like NO research when he said he did or he would know not to mess with that shit.

Spoilers!

I know, right? Especially when he got the ouija board. God, as soon as he said "I promise I won't buy one," I knew he was gonna, like, steal one or something.
Wanted to beat his freaking head in.

It would have been better if when the girlfriend went all possessed, her body contorted and her limbs went at odd, inhuman angles and such. And it would have been better if we heard more groaning noises, especially close to the camera at one point. And maybe seeing a black form at the end of the hallway, while the camera is in the room, would have been cool--it could just stand there, maybe swaying a bit, and then twitch away and disappear. Or maybe the shadow could crawl into the room quickly and disappear. Or when the boyfriend is in the attic, it would have been better if we saw a glimpse of something horrible in the distance, and since it's in the distance it would freak us out more since we'd only get a subtle glimpse of it and then be left wondering. I dunno...random stuff like that.

I disagree. I think part of the reason it was so good and so darn creepy was that we didn't see anything. It made it - not more realistic, but more like "Oh I'm at home and it's dark and what was that noise I don't see anything but the demon wasn't visible either."
I think it would have been so cheesy if there had been a figure.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 02:19:55 pm by Uselessinfoman » Logged

When your
              ware
              wear
              where
                     from there?
Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

WARNING: I am become derp, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 03:15:04 pm »

Well, it wouldn't have been anything obvious. Anything we saw would have been done in a split second, or too far to notice until late, or too faint to notice unless we squint. Just tiny, subtle things. The whole "when you see it, you'll shit bricks" thing. Cause that's how daemon/ghost sightings usually are: Normal picture, but then you see something completely off in a small area that scars you for life.

DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 07:31:25 am »

I just saw it like an hour ago. Yeah, wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, but, really creepy. Though it was in the way that made you laugh at it while it happens on the screen, then you go home and think about how creepy it would actually be if it happened... and that's when it becomes scary. I know what I mean!

We may fail alone, but that is better than dying with them, only to be forgotten. I for one, would rather suffer now, than leave this life without passion.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: