The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 25, 2014, 09:23:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welp, done all ma animal burnin', don't need this shit no more so gonna sell it on E-Bay.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Art that isn't photography  (Read 24530 times)
DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2009, 06:59:21 am »

@Jet, I hope you mean crazy in a good way lol!

@Sammich, She actually did hug the tree at first lol, I would post those photos, but I have since lost them!

You might recognise this picture from a certain album cover >.<. Again, scanner kinda ruined the picture, but you can get the idea!

We may fail alone, but that is better than dying with them, only to be forgotten. I for one, would rather suffer now, than leave this life without passion.
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2009, 08:22:30 am »

Crazy as in that is totally crazily awesomeness in crazy awesome dress form.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

WARNING: I am become derp, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2009, 02:40:18 pm »

XD HAHAH, she hugged the tree? Awesome. She has performed the sacred, traditional right.

And that picture is sweet. Not sure who/what album it is, but she is teh hotness.

DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2009, 04:43:54 pm »

It's from a Disturbed album cover. (I sat down to draw, and that's what I had in front of me, as one of my friends had just bought it, and had it on the table.)

Yes, the tree hugging was epic, but it didn't show off the dress enough!

As no one replied I will add my next artwork in here... Now I just finished this, I have been meaning to create this picture for a while, but hadn't been really inspired to do it.  It is a picture to go with my story "Home". So read it if you haven't! Cheesy Enjoy!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 02:30:45 am by DarkMilly » Logged

We may fail alone, but that is better than dying with them, only to be forgotten. I for one, would rather suffer now, than leave this life without passion.
Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

WARNING: I am become derp, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2009, 03:21:54 pm »

Oohh, Disturbed. I see nao.

Eff, that's awesome. :D Grotesque and mucho sweetness.

Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2009, 04:31:03 pm »

@Dress- Holy flange of Beelzebub, you actually made the fabric? That is bloody impressive. And the dress itself looks like it was pretty tricky to put together too. Major respect for that.

@Disturbed album thingy- Bloody awesome.

@'Home'- I'm sure I read that, but can't for the life of me remember it. Anyhoo, that is one very cool, creepy picture.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2009, 01:08:39 am »

Aww thanks guys, glad you like!

Yes, making that dress took many many many hours. The longest was creating the material... Never again! lol

Also, you should totally read the story, I believe it makes the picture so much more awesome! It's about zombies, which makes it awesome.

Boomstick
ARC Support Staff

maddeer02
View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2009, 01:13:07 am »

Milly, I like the "Home" picture, but I think it would be really awesome if there were very subtle splashes of color.  like the fire's glow maybe lighting the color of the car or trees or something...just a cool idea imho
DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2009, 01:15:43 am »

I was actually going to do that.. and I did try it, but I didn't think it looked 'right'. This is also more how I pictured it in my head... I was actually originally going to draw it in plain led.

Thanks for the tip though Smiley! I like it when people care enough about my art to actually give constructive criticism!

Edit: No double posting for me!

This is a photo I took with film and developed, but it is here because I added to it using photoshop, so it is mixed media... I think it belongs here more than in my photography thread.

To me butterflies symbolise happiness, joy, purity, and innocence, so there is a deeper meaning to this picture!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 02:16:41 am by DarkMilly » Logged

Boomstick
ARC Support Staff

maddeer02
View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2009, 04:32:32 pm »

I like this one Milly!  and I didn't even know you had posted it!  It's really good contrast work. 
DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2009, 05:33:29 pm »

Thanks Smiley, yeah I'm pretty sure barely anyone noticed, but I didn't want to double post as that seems to annoy people.

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2009, 06:52:41 pm »

I actually really love that picture. It's so beautiful, and how the butterflies coming off the dress reminds me of the opening for Reading Rainbow Theme

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2009, 09:16:03 pm »

Thanks Smiley. I have never even heard of that before, but I can see why it reminds you of it! This is actually part of a set, that I will eventually complete, and post here.

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2009, 09:16:40 pm »

Awesomes, can't wait Milly.

Boomstick
ARC Support Staff

maddeer02
View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2009, 09:20:35 pm »

Reading Rainbow was AWESOME!!  Because it was hosted by Jordie (sp?) LaForge!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: