The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 31, 2014, 04:45:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "God invented Corona and limes just to see drunk people use sharp knives."

Chat logs claim I said this Saturday night.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Art that isn't photography  (Read 24793 times)
DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2009, 12:56:18 am »

Guessing there is a deeper meaning behind all those dots than just a very long pause.
I'm glad you like it Smiley, as I said before, holds a lot of meaning for me.

We may fail alone, but that is better than dying with them, only to be forgotten. I for one, would rather suffer now, than leave this life without passion.
Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

WARNING: I am become derp, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2009, 02:41:03 am »

OK, fine! Now, this dress took me over 70 hours to make. I didn't design the base of the dress itself, but the sleeves, and the other lace, I designed. Every visible edge of the lace is hand beaded, and most of the lace is hand sewn on. The dress is lined (which mean I had to basically make the dress twice), and I also created my boyfriends tie and handkerchief (didn't use a pattern for these, created them off knowledge). Enjoy!

[smexy images]

PS. I look retarded in the second one because I was talking.
Also, there are so many photo's because they all show off different parts of the dress.

That's damn cool. Very awesome job. Mucho purdy. Cheesy Also, I know how it is to feel crappy in every picture you take, but in the end others can tell you the truth. You look pretty! So stop your nay-saying, you. ^o^

Now, another photo manipulation I made just then. It was inspired by the song Soft Skeletons by Anberlin, a song that I can relate to very much. Enjoy.

[eye-em-gee]
Dear little girl, so much hurt for such a young age.
Trapped inside a pretty little lie, your bodyís betrayed.

Donít fix your eyes on a fix youíll rely on.
Fixed her eyes on a fix she relies upon.

Stand unafraid, all the good souls, stand unafraid!

When the light starts to burn, and the pain returns.
I just wish that I could heal the hurt you feel tonight
Thereís life in your veins, these needles have chains to hold you down.
How can you expect to win this war, if youíre too afraid to fight? Are you too afriad to fight?

Whoa, that's pretty badass. I especially like the way you did the chains--great perspective. I also found the song, and it goes well.

DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2009, 02:46:18 am »

Lol, thanks on both accounts Sammich Smiley. I feel a lot better about myself in photos now, but I hate looking back on these ones.. which is really sad because i love the dress... lol. The dress also doesn't fit me anymore! Sad but i'll be able to take it in, though, now i have red hair, probably wont look as good anyways.. lol.
The song is one of my favourites. The band is probably my second fav band.. maybe third, but yeah, that is off topic Tongue.

We may fail alone, but that is better than dying with them, only to be forgotten. I for one, would rather suffer now, than leave this life without passion.
Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2009, 02:57:26 am »

XD No problem, just speaking the truth.

Hmmmmm, the red hair and the dress might match, actually. Unless it's too much red. XD I dunno. You'd probably know better than I would.

That's a good band, also. Not my top favourite genre, but still cool.

DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2009, 03:08:44 am »

Well, the thing about them is that every album is sort of a different sound. Which is cool. My top ten fav bands are also from like, a huge variety of genres Tongue. I'm just one of those people who really like music in general!

The thing with my hair is that it might clash with the dress rather then compliment it like the black hair does Tongue. I'm thinking I might make the same dress again, but just above knee height, with different material, and without the lace sleeves, and it can be a dress I wear out to town and stuff Tongue.

Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2009, 03:46:13 am »

Yeah, I'm that way with music too, mostly. I like a lot of genres, though most of it is hard and/or melancholy. XD

Oohh, I see what you mean about the hair now. The majority of the dress is red, so the black hair works well with the sleeves. You shall have a lovely night on the town with that dress. But your boyfriend won't. XD He'll be too busy throwing guys off you.

DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2009, 03:51:10 am »

He normally doesn't come out Tongue lol. So I have to throw the guys off myself. When I was single I didn't get so much attention, now I'm taken I get heaps! totally not how it should work.

Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2009, 04:05:00 am »

XD Yeah, I wish it were vice-versa...

*Grumble grumble*

*Sits in corner of room dreaming of better days*

Boomstick
ARC Support Staff

maddeer02
View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2009, 04:13:43 am »

Guessing there is a deeper meaning behind all those dots than just a very long pause.
I'm glad you like it Smiley, as I said before, holds a lot of meaning for me.

actually....I just use them too much.....It's kind of like when I'm chatting, I tend to use lol for everything lol.....see what I mean? >_<
Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2009, 04:17:10 am »

I used to use "lol" for everything. I then replaced it with "XD"....It's annoying, even to me.

XD

DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2009, 04:41:11 am »

I tend to use all three Tongue.
Oh, I also use that face alot, and this one >.<!

Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2009, 04:58:16 am »

I use this a lot too: ^o^ And this: T__T Or this: ;_;

Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2009, 05:47:56 am »

even though I look horrible

The hell are you going on about? The dress looks bloody lovely, as do you.

The photoshop's really nice, but the right chain looks a bit funny to me where that line goes through it. Not sure why, it just doesn't look quite right. Still, 'tis a minor criticism on an otherwise muy bueno shoop.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2009, 01:13:11 am »

That would be the texture in the background, I actually didn't even noticed it until you said it Tongue. Glad you liked the rest though, and thankyou for the compliments Smiley.

DarkMilly
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2009, 09:46:18 pm »

Sorry for the double post, and for restarting this thread that hasn't been used for a while, I just feel silly creating a new one when I use it for my art >.>

So I was pretty bored, and this is in no ways, a 'good' drawing, but it's something I've wanted to do for a while, I will eventually do a girls version too.
Also, don't feel bad if you are not included in this one, I ran out of space on the paper >.>

Also, I hope I didn't offend anyone with my horrible cartoon drawing lol >.>

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: