The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
August 27, 2014, 02:58:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oh, Gutted Hobo...you tried to steal supplies, and ended up stealing our hearts.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 39095 times)
Gromitooth
ARC Support Staff

If You Want To Get Out Alive. Run For Your Life.

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 30, 2011, 06:42:47 am »

The same ones that we were talking about.

Once you wake up from those dreams do you still feel light for a second before you go into shock?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | [url
Rampito
ARC Support Staff

It's a twisted fascination

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 04, 2011, 07:56:50 pm »

Eh, whenever I have dreams when I'm falling from high heights, I never wake up when I hit the ground. My "dream" self doesn't even get hurt, I just land like I fell 3 metres instead of 3000.

Also, I think this may have been posted in here before, but I learned a few days ago that every face you see in a dream isn't "made up" by your brain; everyone you see in a dream, you have seen before in real life somewhere, whether it may be a regular acquaintance/friend, or just some random you saw around.

Pancreases collected/stolen: 10
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 04, 2011, 09:13:52 pm »

I doubt that... in my dreams, unless the person has a very distinctive feature, they don't really have a face. Just a kind of [face] placeholder tag, that feels like looking at a face when looking at it but that isn't one. And if a character does have a special feature, that is the only feature I can see, the rest is just [normal face].

But then I don't recognise my closest relatives on the street, or my own face on pictures, I can't be certain of how people with a normal brain dream :p

sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2011, 04:56:11 am »

uhhh the question that rises in my head is: how did scientists check that?

btw, Are the wings on fire?
Rampito
ARC Support Staff

It's a twisted fascination

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2011, 10:19:36 pm »

That's a good question. I dunno, I just read it somewhere and posted it up here.

Pancreases collected/stolen: 10
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, thereís a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #230 on: February 06, 2011, 07:38:45 am »

Yea but most dream research is crap anyway.  It's documented in countless places that it's impossible to dream about reading because of the way the hemispheres of the brain work and yet I do it often.  Legible letters, coherent sentences, and in once case a good chunk of a Dr. Who novel.  The face thing sounds plausible yet unprovable.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
FireFog
Wastelander

Fast and Fourier

View Profile Email
« Reply #231 on: February 08, 2011, 03:18:44 pm »

I had a very strange dream a few days ago (I finished reading Brave New World earlier in the week)... all I could remember is that I was in a train station, and there was a lot of ticket inspectors, all looking the same.

So I tried to know which caste they were from, but I couldnít recall the caste associated with blue (the ticket inspectors wear blue uniform).
Thatís all I remember but itís wtf enough I think ^^

Engrish as second language
LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2011, 07:47:31 am »

I had a dream last night, where a friend of mine took me to what she said was a really cool artist lounge that she liked. It turned out to be like some huge, underground attic, with subchambers and stuff, and made out of metal. It was full of bums and mentally handicapped people, who wouldn't leave me alone. Then, she had some friend meet us there; a tall guy everyone called Blade. He seemed like a nice guy. Then, later on, we saw him stab some guy to death, and he saw us watching. So now we're running from him, and he's looking all over the city for us. Everyone is warning me that he's looking for me, and my friend is just saying that there's no way he'd hurt anyone, and he's a nice guy, and I'm trying to tell her that she's fucking stupid and we're dead if he finds us.
Then I woke up and immediately ran to the bathroom to vomit. Fucking vertigo.

ensouls
Member of the Campaign for Dead Rights
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Frau

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2011, 09:28:47 am »

I had a dream last night where I was back in a college of some sort, in a city. I was playing D&D with some people, a really odd version with a villainess playing, where you got treasure if you attacked certain monsters like bee swarms. Eventually I got tired of it.

I had driven off campus when I saw a driveby shooting. Some of the people involved were trying to look nonchalant while strolling into an open garage. I followed them in. The place was full of gang members. I casually parked the car and got out, hoping to leave before the cops showed up to start looking for these people, but the doors closed up before I could. One of the guys there asked if I'd ever had a mocha with wine (?) and then started making fun of me for being a goody two shoes.

Everyone was really tense, and some of them had guns. One of the entrances opened and the member of some rival gang came in to kill us. I attacked him wildly, then ran off into the city. It was next to the sea, so I followed the shore until I got back to campus. A bunch of stereotypical 50s bullies harassed me for sex (Huh?) but I got away pretty easily. It looked like nighttime, but I kept thinking I had to make it to my morning classes because this was the first day.

My first class involved a board game someone had made (if you watch Community, Abed made it) where you picked a country you wanted to live in and tried to 'travel' there - one of the secret choices was the country of alcoholism. I woke up before I got the second class, but it was about video games and the first day we were going to study Mario.

LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2011, 09:34:56 am »

I had a dream last night that Japan had risen as a military power again, and it had come up with a sort of virus that turned pretty much everyone in Japan into these insane, fleshy monstrosities, which they considered a step up in evolution. So, most of Japan was covered in fused bodies of writhing meat and sharp jaws and eyes everywhere, while all sorts of mutated people were wandering the streets, taking out soldiers trying to contain it all.
It then cut to my house, where I opened the garage door, and there was some zombie-like guy in the street, shambling after kids. For some reason I had an MP5 on the couch in the garage, and started firing semi-auto into his head. He just kept shambling towards me, pieces of him flying off, until he hit the ground and started mutating into one of the things like in Japan.

Outlander
Half-Life

Australian Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2011, 12:07:13 am »

Few weeks ago i had a random one and probs sounds really bad but was around where i used to live i found a bear like big brown bear that had the barry white voice from my lil pony. then he went lloking for lady bears cause as he put it he was smooth idk all i remember bout him other than him finding 2 polar bear females. At this point ill disclose i do not drink or smoke or take illegal substances because i then switched mid dream to a riot cause i saw something on tv and managed to drop kick a horse.

My dreams even i dont understands them Sad

He thinks his job is to be Bad Ass, And he excels at his position.
ce_gray
ARC Support Staff

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2011, 07:19:43 pm »

I had a rather strange dream that went along what I understand to be the plot line of Labyrinth, but yet wholly different. The guy was much hotter for one, brunette, and there were crystal monocles/eyeglasses that help you see what really is there. And the girl was mid twenties, and setting was sort of in the middle ages. Kinda. It was a really bitchin dream.

PP: Dreams I can never remember all the way are always the cool ones.

Is getting her butt kicked by psychology.
sangrebloom
Wastelander

I believe in pants

sangrebloom@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 17, 2011, 01:27:56 am »

you had a bear talking like Berry White? that's pretty sweet actually.

I had a goose that talked like emma thompson and apologized for bumping into me.
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 18, 2011, 06:12:55 pm »

I had horrifying Were-wolf things with large bat wings.... it was a never waking hell....

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
sangrebloom
Wastelander

I believe in pants

sangrebloom@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 19, 2011, 08:31:16 pm »

I've been dreaming of large flocks of birds, small ones, big ones, cranes, canaries,  swans and sparrows; and a lot of water fountains.  It feels like something like out of the movie "what dreams may come" .
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: